Bengals add Gresham to PUP list

Bengals add Gresham to PUP list
July, 23, 2014
Jul 23
5:15
PM ET
By Coley Harvey | ESPN.com

CINCINNATI -- One day before the official start of training camp the Cincinnati Bengals made a pair of injury list moves, adding tight end Jermaine Gresham to the active physically unable to perform list and placing defensive end Christo Bilukidi on the active non-football injury list.

The Bengals said Gresham had a back injury, while Bilukidi was working through a tooth ailment. Gresham's injury appears to be unrelated to an issue from earlier this offseason that required him to have hernia surgery. That particular injury forced Gresham to miss all of the minicamp and organized team activity practices, even though he had participated in voluntary workouts earlier in the offseason calendar.

The two join 13 others on the injury lists. Defensive tackle Geno Atkins and cornerback Leon Hall headlined the active PUP list that was originally announced Monday. Since all were entered under the "active" designation, they have the chance to be cleared before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET practice. The Bengals aren't yet announcing which players, if any, have already received medical clearances, but those who have will be participating in the camp-opening workout.

The following is the complete group of injury-list players:

Active/PUP list
DT Geno Atkins (knee)
OG Clint Boling (knee)
LB Marquis Flowers (hamstring)
CB Leon Hall (Achilles)
P Kevin Huber (neck)
WR Colin Lockett (hamstring)
DT Zach Minter (back)
DT Devon Still (back)
WR Ryan Whalen (hamstring)
OL Mike Pollak (knee)
TE Jermaine Gresham (back)

Active/Non-Football Injury List
WR Marvin Jones (ankle)
QB AJ McCarron (shoulder)
CB Onterio McCalebb (knee)
DE Christo Bilukidi (tooth)

That's a long fuckin list!

Also wtf at Huber still being out? I don't usually support this kind of stuff but I hope we end a Stooler's career this year. Between the whistles, mind you, but that shit is long long overdue. The league obviously isn't going to protect our players & they need to know there will be consequences. Sick of them thinking they can "code red" our players and get away with it.

Just an FYI, lap on the radio stating his league sources are saying Bengals have top 3/top 5 roster. Going to be tough for an outsider to make the team.

My take is the extensive pup list becomes an asset assuming it's cleared by the start of the season. Saves legs of vets and gives them more time to hash out those few spots open.

lololololol

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Who would you give Gresham's roster spot to that would better this team?

lololololol

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Who would you give Gresham's roster spot to that would better this team?

Did anyone say replace him on the roster? He's just not lived up to the hype when he was drafted or the contract he wants for an extension.

You said he's a waste of a roster spot. That is fucking stupid.

I'm hoping that Gruden being a fucking idiot is the problem. But Gresham has got to quick making the same mistakes over and over again. He has the worst timing I've ever seen from a potentially elite player to false start, drop an easy pass or fumble in a key part of the game. His biggest problem are his mental lapses come at crucial times in games. Many other players make more mistakes than him, but they are rarely as consistently critical and easy to notice.

Did anyone say replace him on the roster? He's just not lived up to the hype when he was drafted or the contract he wants for an extension.

Waste of roster spot doesn't mean you wouldn't want someone else to have his roster spot?  And please spare me the insider bullshit.

He talked about his desire for an extension last year/end of year. I'm not sure how that is insider bullshit.

I would love for you to link it because the only thing I have seen on it is him saying he doesn't deserve one and that was last September.

I just can't stand guys with that much god given talent to half ass it half the time . He hasn't lived up to where he was drafted. He doesn't block worth shit in the running game.

Yeah, a two time pro bowler and a TE who averages 16 yards per game more than any other TE in Bengals history just sucks. By the way that is 2 more pro bowls than our 5 year #6 overall pick right tackle and 2 more than other first rounders Keith Rivers, Leon Hall, David Pollack and Chris Perry.

Its the same number as #1 overall pick Carson Palmer who has played 6 more years and JJ who had zero in his first 4 years.

Gotta admit he certainly played worse in his first two years than Dre Kirkpatrick.

Archived