What happened to... AND Rumble's new baby...

It was removed for the personal attacks that were ongoing even after USN Bengal made an effort to gently warn posters. I support the removal of that thread and any other thread that goes down that path. In regards to who did what, the posters who went down that rabbit hole are the answer to your question. If someone has a post removed or thread removed, pm one of the mods. It's usually not the original poster of the thread who rained on the parade. Your posts are usually the posts I seek out for reading pleasure and it's a shame this happened.

It was removed for the personal attacks that were ongoing even after USN Bengal made an effort to gently warn posters. I support the removal of that thread and any other thread that goes down that path. In regards to who did what, the posters who went down that rabbit hole are the answer to your question. If someone has a post removed or thread removed, pm one of the mods. It's usually not the original poster of the thread who rained on the parade. Your posts are usually the posts I seek out for reading pleasure and it's a shame this happened.

Ok, sorry it devolved into another pissing contest. 

I just wanted to make sure I didn't post something that shouldn't have been posted...

There was good content in that thread... and if I was getting paid full time to edit/delete every post I would've done that instead. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to do that today. I will try and do that later... With my own twist on things of course!

I think it's getting ridiculous that we are just deleting a whole thread or locking it. Warn me and I will take a deep breath and delete something like cussing someone out because the heat of the moment or apologize to that person. But to just lock it or delete it fucking sucks!

Believe me Rumble, we just don't decide to delete/lock a thread when we get a wild hair up our ass. It was discussed by at least 3 mods to hide this thread. I would've just edited if I had the time. Warnings had already been given out to the entire thread too. I DO see your point and we will look into it. You have my word on that.

Not saying it's the case in this instance, Because I never saw the thread.
But over moderation is worse than no moderation. In my opinion.

And there seems to be a lot of threads disappearing here lately.

Exactly this site is suddenly worse than ever. I'm just about through with this site !

I think it's getting ridiculous that we are just deleting a whole thread or locking it. Warn me and I will take a deep breath and delete something like cussing someone out because the heat of the moment or apologize to that person. But to just lock it or delete it fucking sucks!

The thread still exists.. If one of us gets time we may edit out the crap and put it back in play.  I want to make one thing crystal clear though,  not myself nor any other mod is performing any action in order to protect Go or for any other reason other than trying to make this site the best it can be for everyone involved and to keep it a one stop destination for all things Bengals..

Go doesn't pay us any money to do this, and I for one am sure as hell not taking any orders from him.  Nor has Go ever asked any of us to do anything on his behalf.  In fact, he has left moderating this place in our hands.

Not saying it's the case in this instance, Because I never saw the thread.

But over moderation is worse than no moderation. In my opinion.

And there seems to be a lot of threads disappearing here lately.

I'm not sure how many have been removed.. I am aware of one that was deleted accidentally.. I am probably wrong, but I think this is the first one that has been removed without intent of putting it back.. Perhaps one of the other mods can correct me on this.

I do know some posts have been deleted due to content, although I have not personally done this.

Believe me Rumble, we just don't decide to delete/lock a thread when we get a wild hair up our ass. It was discussed by at least 3 mods to hide this thread. I would've just edited if I had the time. Warnings had already been given out to the entire thread too. I DO see your point and we will look into it. You have my word on that.

I Think the site is better then ever. There have been very few rabbit hole threads. This one was going that way. I support any route the mods decide on this. This is in no,way over moderation. Two threads in a month with one done by accident?

I Think the site is better then ever. There have been very few rabbit hole threads. This one was going that way. I support any route the mods decide on this. This is in no,way over moderation. Two threads in a month with one done by accident?

No. It's not. Then or than. 

I know of 3 threads that have been deleted. 

And that's about 3 more than in the 3 years previously.

Meh. I think people are lucky that the site's owner just allows them to attack him like that in the first place, on his forum. I'd have booted all the motherfuckers :ninja:

You know you weren't kidding.  lol 

USN I always appreciate you bro. You are an amazing dude. Thank you.

Archived