Uniform Combinations

Uniform opinions  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your MOST favorite uniform combination?

• Black jersey--White pants
    • Orange jersey--White pants
    • White jersey--White pants
    • Black jersey--Black pants
    • Orange jersey--Black pants
    • White jersey--Black pants
  2. 2. Which is your LEAST favorite uniform combination?

• Black jersey--White pants
    • Orange jersey--White pants
    • White jersey--White pants
    • Black jersey--Black pants
    • Orange jersey--Black pants
    • White jersey--Black pants

In order, jersey first:
O&B
W&B
B&B
O&W
B&W
W&W

mine would be the same except swap O&W with B&W (I don't much like the 'creamsicle' look)
so:
O&B
W&B
B&B
B&W
O&W
W&W
I'd also like to see them go to the W&B as the standard away look.

Guys, that orange over black is hideous.  This won't be a popular opinion, but the white over white is their best look because you don't have to look at those awful white side panels.  Fill in the white side panels and have the orange/black tiger stripes go all the way to the top of the pants, and you fix a lot of what ails the Bengals look.

who/what determines what they wear on any given Sunday?

Home team picks the jersey color (team color or white) then the away team must wear the opposite. Most teams pick the team color as their home jersey tho some (such as Dallas) traditionally wear white jerseys at home. The alternate colored jersey can be used only twice during the season. Pants may be team color or white at anytime (home or away) regardless what the other team chooses.
Still not sure if alternate jerseys can or cannot be worn in the playoffs tho. I have read a) yes, but not in the Super Bowl, b ) yes but only during one playoff game (not the SB) & c) not able to be worn during postseason so not sure on that part.

I like the white on white, we beat the Lions and the Chargers with that uni last year... They was the uni they wore the wknd after Slim died. I hate the orange and black... I do wish we could lose the wht stripe on the side of the jersey.

I'm not a big fan of White over Black, but when paired with the Orange socks, it's actually a very nice look (IMO).

But, statistically speaking, the Bengals are a much better team when wearing Orange - Jersey or Socks, doesn't matter - than when they don't.  Jersey alone they're 15-5 in Orange, 67-77-1 in White or Black.  It's been years since I did the Orange Socks analysis, but the mojo those socks bring cancel out the lack of mojo that the White Jerseys (31-42) inflict on our team.

In order, jersey first:

B and W
B and B
W and B
O and W
O and B
W and W

It does feel like it's time for an upgrade. Gotta get rid of those side white panels, choose a better number font and the stripes on pants still needs improvement.

When you have so many combos, tweaks and variations it's really saying you don't have a time tested, standout uni.

Archived