What kind of offense is Hue Jackson running this year?

As in, how would we classify it? I'm assuming he's not going to be running a WCO type system. But I may be wrong. Haven't heard much on the subject though.

I'm pretty sure it's the same one we ran last year.  He may have a little more tempo or run the ball consistently, but if I recall it's the same playbook.  I guess it's another variation of the WCO.

I'm pretty sure it's the same one we ran last year.  He may have a little more tempo or run the ball consistently, but if I recall it's the same playbook.  I guess it's another variation of the WCO.

Makes sense. Gotta work with what we got

I'm calling it the Jackson Shuffle.    You guys can put that on a t-shirt and give me a dollar for each one sold.

I believe we'll see more vertical passing mixed with screen type looks for backs and TEs.   I've tried to watch the 11 Raiders in a couple games and McFadden was used in a counter action screen game with Center getting out to block.

Seriously?  Andy's gonna be running the wishbone?

Hope he doesn't get killed.

Last year they worked in read option runs with him.    Not sure how actual times they ran it but both times I remember they went for first downs.   Stealers MNF and Minn. 

He's got enough wheels to get up field for a minor gain and slide.   Then it freezes back side pursuit a little going forward.

Triple option might take too long in the NFL.   O-lines can't stop penetrations consistently and that would kill regular dive, pull, pitch triple options.

I'm calling it the Jackson Shuffle.    You guys can put that on a t-shirt and give me a dollar for each one sold.

I believe we'll see more vertical passing mixed with screen type looks for backs and TEs.   I've tried to watch the 11 Raiders in a couple games and McFadden was used in a counter action screen game with Center getting out to block.

Lmao.

I hope for a more vertical passing game. Not really working to Andy's strengths as much but fuck. It's like the type of system out weapons are meant for

I don't really care about system or even tempo.    They had too many negative plays out of the offensive starting with 30 TOs. 

Then you had some brain fart plays like Gio's run backwards in overtime against the Ravens.

It's nit picky stuff but that's where we are at.   11-5 Defending Division Champs  and we are looking at trying to get the extra couple wins for a higher seed and then performance in the post season.

We've beaten the shit out of this forever and don't mean to hijack the thread.  4 TOs fucked us in the playoffs. 

System and Tempo are nice things to talk about but cutting down TOs is the deal that has to happen.  

Based on what I have heard from training camp reports, having heard what Hue has said, etc I am envisioning a much more up-tempo style, with lots of no-huddle, a variety of looks, less cutesy plays, more run-you-over or run-around-you type of plays peppered with deep shots to Jones and Green.

I also anticipate a much bigger role for the TE's in the mid-range passing game, along with multiple 2 TE formations and 2 RB sets with Gio and Hill, and also a strong pro and I formation based run game with Hill and a FB leading the way behind the likes of Andre Smith.

[quote name="WRAPradio" post="1366165" timestamp="1406918471"]

I'm pretty sure it's the same one we ran last year.  He may have a little more tempo or run the ball consistently, but if I recall it's the same playbook.  I guess it's another variation of the WCO.[/quote.
]

Yes. Same thing only up to the line quicker.

As in, how would we classify it? I'm assuming he's not going to be running a WCO type system. But I may be wrong. Haven't heard much on the subject though.

Hue did say, he was going to run a hybrid version of the westcoast offense.Combining the air coryell offense,so I suspect it to be a little of Cam Cameron and a little bit of what Jay Gruden was a running last year.

Archived