Stomach Flu Spreading Through Bengals Locker Room

I sure hope they pass it on to Carson tonight...  

Stomach Flu Spreading Through Bengals Locker Room

By Jason Garrison @JGarrisonSBN on Aug 22 2014, 6:09p 

20140726_tcb_db4_077.JPG.0_standard_783.
Aaron Doster-USA TODAY Sports

There is a stomach bug reportedly making its rounds through the Bengals locker room as the third preseason game nears, affecting players including BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Dre Kirkpatrick.

Bengals running back BanJarvus Green-Ellis and cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick, along with linebacker Vontaze Burfict could miss the team's third, and arguably most important, preseason game against the Cardinals in Arizona due to a stomach virus, according to ESPN's Coley Harvey.

Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick and running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis also are worth keeping tabs on after both missed practice time due to a stomach virus that has been spreading around the team the past two weeks. It's the same virus linebacker Vontaze Burfict has had, and one that could keep him from playing in a type of homecoming game. Burfict played at nearby Arizona State in college.

While Kirkpatrick may not be a starter in the first week of the season, his spot on the 53-man roster is secure, but Green-Ellis' role with the Bengals isn't nearly as clear. With rookie Jeremy Hill poised to be the new bruising back to counter Giovani Bernard's more elusive style, there isn't much of a need for the older running back. Also releasing Green-Ellis would free up cap space.

Burfict's pending four-year extension could be in the pending status due to the stomach flu as well, though there is no speculation about his role on the team in 2014.

It's currently unclear as to whether or not there are more Bengals players affected by the stomach bug that's floating around in the locker room, but hopefully they get better and will be able to take the field for the team's dress rehearsal.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/8/22/6058055/stomach-flu-spreading-through-bengals-locker-room

I think they're just scared of having to play the Ravens and Stealers again this year.All anxiety. Nothing more.

Know you're joking but I do have to wonder who Shitsburgh will try to headhunt this year.

I wonder if the Bengals will ever reach a point where they can flagrantly disregard the rules of the sport and have it viewed as some admirable part of the team's culture?   

Know you're joking but I do have to wonder who Shitsburgh will try to headhunt this year.

I wonder if the Bengals will ever reach a point where they can flagrantly disregard the rules of the sport and have it viewed as some admirable part of the team's culture?   

Yeah, that'll be the fucking day...

Archived