Kirkpatrick fined for helmet to helmet hit

** please merge if covered elsewhere... thanx

Report: Bengals' Kirkpatrick fined $22,050

By The Sports Xchange2 hours agoThe SportsXchange

Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Dre Kirkpatrickdrew a $22,050 fine from the NFL for his hit against Ted Ginn of the Arizona Cardinals during their preseason game last Sunday, according to NBC Sports' Pro Football Talk.

Kirkpatrick's helmet to helmet hit on Ginn during a first-quarter punt return did not draw a penalty flag.

Bull fucking shit! Mikey take care of that please. Still don't understand . If you dont draw a penalty on the spot, how the fuck are you subject to a fine. I'm hating the NFL more n more everyday.

blindref.gif

The whole thing is fucked up.

Especially considering it was a special teams play.

If it should have been called, call it.

But they didn't.

And EVERY kick of any sort seems to have some penalty 

on one team or another most of which are ticky-tack or just

plain bullshit.

The refs were right there when the hit was made.

And its not like they did not have time to discuss it

afterwards.

I hope the refs were fined, too.

They darn well SHOULD have been.

Bull fucking shit! Mikey take care of that please. Still don't understand . If you dont draw a penalty on the spot, how the fuck are you subject to a fine. I'm hating the NFL more n more everyday.

The Stealer that broke Huber's jaw was not flagged.  Are you suggesting that he shouldn't have been fined?

The Stealer that broke Huber's jaw was not flagged.  Are you suggesting that he shouldn't have been fined?

No he shouldn't have actually. Stupid missed unacceptable no call by the refs. Fix the system and make the ref jobs fulll time.until then, you get what you pay for.

No he shouldn't have actually. Stupid missed unacceptable no call by the refs. Fix the system and make the ref jobs fulll time.until then, you get what you pay for.

The system is an over-regulated one, in which there there is no possible way to consistently implement the regulations. Fixing it would, in large part, de-regulate to a simpler code for enforcement. Sort of like the way it was before all of the regulations were inserted.

Which was well before the concussion litigation, and the unquenchable urge by the NFL to become the 100-yard Arena League.

I applaud their efforts to try to protect people from brain injury.. But in the end this is a physical sport, and there is going to be a physical toll extracted for playing it.  They need to accept the fact that some incidental helmet to helmet contact is going to occur and focus on the technique used by the player and whether it conforms to the standard they have set for a clean tackle.

This would also make what the offensive player does to exacerbate the problem by tucking/ducking etc irrelevant because the only focus is on what the tackler is doing at the time of contact.  From there they can decide what culpability an offensive player may have in these types of collisions.

I applaud their efforts to try to protect people from brain injury.. But in the end this is a physical sport, and there is going to be a physical toll extracted for playing it.  They need to accept the fact that some incidental helmet to helmet contact is going to occur and focus on the technique used by the player and whether it conforms to the standard they have set for a clean tackle.

This would also make what the offensive player does to exacerbate the problem by tucking/ducking etc irrelevant because the only focus is on what the tackler is doing at the time of contact.  From there they can decide what culpability an offensive player may have in these types of collisions.

Absolutely agree. I would venture to say more than a few of these helmet to helmet hits are not the defenders fault or intent. The offensive player's actions should be taken into account also.

Archived