Former Bengals find new homes

blueridge

Just perusing NFL sites and saw that Nikita Whitlock was signed to the Cowboys practice squad, and both Orson Charles and Dontay Moch were signed to the Titans' practice squad. I can see the Bengals not wanting a traditional fullback and preferring Montgomery to Moch, but I am somewhat surprised that they preferred Kevin Greene to Charles..

Just perusing NFL sites and saw that Nikita Whitlock was signed to the Cowboys practice squad, and both Orson Charles and Dontay Moch were signed to the Titans' practice squad. I can see the Bengals not wanting a traditional fullback and preferring Montgomery to Moch, but I am somewhat surprised that they preferred Kevin Greene to Charles..

Maybe Charles didn't want to sign here, players have a choice of where they sign as far as practice squads go. If I was Charles I wouldn't want to be here either, I feel the Bengals screwed this kid over by asking to do something he has never done before and then cutting him when he didn't pick it up fast enough. Charles is a very good pass catching TE, why not let the kid do what got him to the NFL instead of trying to make him into a blocking FB/TE hybrid. 

Charles will have success in the NFL if given the opportunity to do showcase his skill set. 

Maybe Charles didn't want to sign here, players have a choice of where they sign as far as practice squads go. If I was Charles I wouldn't want to be here either, I feel the Bengals screwed this kid over by asking to do something he has never done before and then cutting him when he didn't pick it up fast enough. Charles is a very good pass catching TE, why not let the kid do what got him to the NFL instead of trying to make him into a blocking FB/TE hybrid. 

Charles will have success in the NFL if given the opportunity to do showcase his skill set. 

Charles only would have been eligible for one of the 2 special practice squad spots that they offered to Robinson and Still.  I'm guessing its just a matter of Charles being 3rd on the pecking order in a 2 winner race.

That's why they went out and grabbed a rookie TE for the practice squad who's nearly identical to Charles.

Archived