Best Bengals Team Ever?

It IS only Week 2, but I'm ready to say this is the most complete, most talented Bengals team I've ever seen.

There were some teams in the 80's and 2000's that had better offenses, but their defenses couldn't hold a candle to this squad.

I predict no less than 12 wins and a division title clinched in November. 14-2 really doesn't seem out of reach. I know they've got to play the games and injuries will factor in, but it's a whole lot of fun to watch this team play. For one of the few times in my 42 seasons as a fan, the sky really is the limit.

Who disagrees? And if you do, I'd love to know who you think was better...

I like your optimism but we need to get healthy before we claim 12+ wins. The Ravens, Stealers and Browns won't be a walk in the park. The Browns just beat NO. As far as best team? In talent yes but they need to be consistent first.

No doubt about the health issues.

In my opinion, though, these Bengals are heD and shoulders above the rest of the division. They may let one game slip, but I doubt they lose two in the division.

The Browns did beat the Saints - the same Saints that went to overtime with a Falcons team the Bengals just beat the snot out of...

1988 was the best squad in Cincinnati. Could do it all, strong in all phases. This team has a chance to challenge being that good. I don't say that lightly.

I like 2005 better, just because of the defense. '88 had a better secondary, but I feel like the Front 7 in '05 was far superior.

That 88 O-line was easily the best this team has ever had.

Undoubtedly. The rest of the offense is comparable - weapons all over the place. Aside from Krumrie and the SWAT Team, that defense was pretty ordinary, though.

The biggest thing im pleased with is Andy Dalton's poise in the pocket. I swear the last few years whenever there is a blitz he panicks and throws picks like crazy but so far he has stood in the pocket and threw dimes. He keeps that up and scores in the redzone than we will finally have postseason success

The biggest thing im pleased with is Andy Dalton's poise in the pocket. I swear the last few years whenever there is a blitz he panicks and throws picks like crazy but so far he has stood in the pocket and threw dimes. He keeps that up and scores in the redzone than we will finally have postseason success

The primary difference between this year and last is Hue Jackson.

That and experience. Almost all of our vital franchise type guys are young and just now hitting their primes. It's still early, but I'd say this team is better than last year for sure.

That and experience. Almost all of our vital franchise type guys are young and just now hitting their primes. It's still early, but I'd say this team is better than last year for sure.

Absolutely. I also, though, think the running game has improved dramatically - in terms of personnel AND scheme. Instead of BenJarvis Green Ellis into the back of a lineman, fans screaming for more Gio Bernard, and completely forgetting to run the ball with the lead, we now find ourselves watching two of the better young backs in the league split carries and do consistent damage.

What was a - no, THE - weakness of the offense, now looks like a strength.

I totally agree with the first paragraph... I don't know about that second one though.. :D

As far as the topic.. This team has the potential to be one of the best, but I am still going with 88

Archived