Can someone explain Microsoft Surface ?

Numbers

After the game yesterday, I kept wondering about what the Microsoft Surface square box antenna poking thingy was. Limited on what I found but did notice both sides have one each on the sidelines. What are the benefits and who are the people who use, operate, and or maintain the equipment ? From what I saw, players, coaches, assistants, suit and tie guys used it and or viewed something on it, but I don't recall any refs using it.

They are tablets and players and coaches are using them to view game footage. No more printing out pictures and sticking them in a binder. Players and coaches now can get immediate footage of the game.

The suit and tie guys are what I think are medical personnel, maybe team doctor or something similar. What would they need it for ? Maybe determine what type of injury by rewinding the footage ?

Almost every injury yesterday had the suit and tie guy at the Microsoft Surface area reviewing something.

I have the first surface pro, I believe the NFL is using the Surface Pro 3. Its basically a laptop in a tablet form factor, meaning it can do anything a laptop can do but it is shaped like a tablet.

Seems like a pretty useful system to have on the sidelines. I saw an antenna dome but to get the kind of streaming video necessary for rewind would take an awesome connection speed. I wonder if it's also hardwired.

Seems like a pretty useful system to have on the sidelines. I saw an antenna dome but to get the kind of streaming video necessary for rewind would take an awesome connection speed. I wonder if it's also hardwired.

I imagine their wi-fi network is set up on a different one than the one they are giving to the fans.

Dalton was looking at printed material on the sideline. What a Luddite.

:fistpump:

Our Dalton may be technologically challenged but he's not a luddite. He wasn't smashing the machine, he was only ignoring it. Nice catch. Guess I should pay more attention to what he does on the sidelines. Sometimes it's amusing.

Archived