Power Rankings

Shutdown Corner NFL Power Rankings: So who should be No. 1?

If you knew nothing about the NFL before Sept. 4, were dropped in and watched the first two weeks and had to determine the best team in the NFL just off that, the answer would be easy.

It's the Cincinnati Bengals. It's not particularly close, either.

In Week 1, the Bengals played very well in a road win against the Ravens. Four days later, the Ravens looked phenomenal against the Stealers. The Falcons couldn't be stopped against the Saints in a Week 1 win. Then Atlanta played Cincinnati, and the Falcons didn't score until deep into the fourth quarter when the game's result was not in doubt anymore. Also, the Bengals won that game without their best player, receiver A.J. Green, who left early with a toe injury.

The Bengals' defense looks like one of the best in the NFL. The offense has a lot of playmakers. They have been dominant in both games. So are they the best team in the NFL?

I'll explain here:

I don't do these power rankings in a one- or two-game vacuum. If you want something that ranks teams in exact order of their win-loss record, this link has the only power rankings you'll need. It's not always that easy. I don't think 2-0 Houston would beat 0-2 New Orleans on a neutral field, and I doubt you do either. Similarly, I'm not quite ready to buy into Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis being the leaders of the best team in the NFL. But they're creeping up. A few more dominant weeks like the first one, and they'll be in the discussion. They've clearly moved into the small group of teams that is clearly good enough to be called a Super Bowl contender. But I don't think they should be No. 1.

So who is, after the 49ers' loss? Let's go to the post-Week 2 power rankings.

32. Oakland Raiders (0-2, LW: 30)
They're likely going to be underdogs in each of their last 14 games. It's hard to figure out how Dennis Allen saves his job.

31. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-2, LW: 31)
On one hand, they should play Blake Bortles. On the other, would you play your rookie quarterback behind that terrible line?

30. New York Giants (0-2, LW: 26)
I know you can't demote an offensive coordinator after two games. But there just can't be any confidence in Ben McAdoo's offense right now.

29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-2, LW: 25)
Unbelievable.

28. Kansas City Chiefs (0-2, LW: 23)
Full credit to them for playing very hard to almost at least take the game at Denver to overtime. But they're just not that good.

27. Washington Redskins (1-1, last week: 32)
I'm still not sold on Kirk Cousins. I think the shine on him is bright because he hasn't played enough yet to expose his weaknesses (they kind of were late last season, but the Kirk Cousins Fan Club ignores that). We'll see how he does.

26. Dallas Cowboys (1-1, LW: 28)
DeMarco Murray has been the best running back in the NFL this young season. And the defense looks far better than anyone expected.

25. Cleveland Browns (1-1, LW: 29)
You have to give a lot of credit to Browns coach Mike Pettine. With a shorthanded team, he guided a win over a good Saints team. Nice way to get your first win.

24. St. Louis Rams (1-1, LW: 22)
So I guess you have to stick with Austin Davis at quarterback now, right?

23. Minnesota Vikings (1-1, LW: 21)
You can't have Teddy Bridgewater make his first start at New Orleans. But after that? I mean, we all know what Matt Cassel is.

22. Tennessee Titans (1-1, LW: 17)
So what exactly to make of this team? One impressive win at Kansas City, and an absolutely horrible loss to Dallas. Guess that's what happens when you have an inconsistent quarterback.

21. Houston Texans (2-0, LW: 27)
They've done all they could so far. I'd really like to see them face a real team. They get the Giants next, so it won't happen in Week 3.

20. Atlanta Falcons (1-1, LW: 20)
I'm willing to bang the gong and move on from their Week 2 loss. They just went up against a really good team.

19. Pittsburgh Stealers (1-1, LW: 11)
I'm not jumping completely on the "Pittsburgh is terrible!" bandwagon. Too soon. We've seen teams struggle on the road on Thursday nights before. But after what happened last week, I couldn't keep them ahead of Baltimore either.

18. Buffalo Bills (2-0, LW: 24)
Think about this: They're 2-0 with wins over Chicago and Miami. Those opponents' other two games are wins against New England and San Francisco. What a start in Buffalo.

17. Baltimore Ravens (1-1, LW: 19)
Steve Smith isn't what he used to be, but he's been a really good short option in that offense. And that's what Baltimore needed.

16. Miami Dolphins (1-1, LW: 14)
This is why the Lamar Miller preseason hype was dumb: When Knowshon Moreno went down, the Dolphins gave Miller 11 carries and had Ryan Tannehill throw 49 times. I'm not sure all the reasons, but the Dolphins do not trust Miller at all. They never have. Remember this.

15. Detroit Lions (1-1, LW: 15)
I know that Carolina's front seven is amazing, but a team with this many weapons should not be held to seven points.

14. New York Jets (1-1, LW: 18)
Yeah, they lost, but they showed plenty in that game. If Geno Smith keeps progressing they'll be in the playoff hunt. (Though, their "move up" is more due to other teams that were ahead of them dropping.)

13. San Diego Chargers (1-1, LW: 16)
Mike McCoy is a really, really good coach. No questioning that anymore. The Seahawks had almost 100 more hours to prepare for Sunday's game than San Diego. It looked like the opposite was the case.

12. Chicago Bears (1-1, LW: 12)
So which team is it, the one we saw in the first eight quarters (remember, Week 1 went to overtime) or the one that dominated the fourth quarter on Sunday night?

11. Indianapolis Colts (0-2, LW: 10)
I'm not one to constantly jump all over play-calling. But the final series for the Colts on Monday night was absolutely horrendous. Can't blame the refs for that.

10. New Orleans Saints (0-2, LW: 5)
You just know a blowout of Minnesota is coming this week. That's what they do. They're unbeatable at home. They're as talented of an 0-2 team as you'll ever see. They'll be fine.

9. Arizona Cardinals (2-0, LW: 13)
I don't care if it was just the Giants, winning on the road with Drew Stanton being thrown in at quarterback is a great win. That might matter in late December when playoff spots are handed out.

8. Green Bay Packers (1-1, LW: 8)
It's possible Jordy Nelson ends up this season as the NFL's best receiver. Scoff if you wish, but he was on that kind of pace last year when Aaron Rodgers was healthy.

7. San Francisco 49ers (1-1, LW: 1)
I think the defense, even without two All-Pros until midseason, is good enough. I'm starting to question if Colin Kaepernick is, though.

6. Carolina Panthers (2-0, LW: 9)
They're really good. Some teams can exploit what they don't do well, but not too many.

5. Philadelphia Eagles (2-0, LW: 6)
You knew when they got Darren Sproles that he was going to be an insane playmaker in that offense.

4. Cincinnati Bengals (2-0, LW: 7)
They're in the circle of trust. This is one of the few teams that is good enough to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender. They've been announcing to us so far that they're elite.

3. New England Patriots (1-1, LW: 4)
Ahhh, remember last week when they were just Any Other Team and should have been ranked in the teens? Fun times.

2. Seattle Seahawks (1-1, LW: 2)
I thought long and hard making them No. 1. Not much shame in losing at San Diego. I guess we'll find out on Sunday who will be No. 1 in these rankings a week from now.

1. Denver Broncos (2-0, LW: 3)
I don't feel too great about them here. However, one could easily point to the too-close win against Kansas City as the biggest "look ahead" game on the entire 2014 NFL schedule. Their mind was on Week 3.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-nfl-power-rankings--so-who-should-be-no--1--033027996.html

I need to watch a Pats game to gauge my opinion of them... I just know they lost in the first week to the Dolphins. I'm not as impressed with the Broncos as I was last year, Seattle is impressive but I don't like their WRs.  I think any of his top 4 can win it all

Power Rankings: How all 32 teams in the NFL stack up after Week 2
By cover32 Staff
September 16, 2014 9:48 am EDT
 757 views
 no comments
  • art.fb_.png
  • art.tweet_.png
  • art.email_.png
  • art.print_.png

Some things never change. As is always the case, the NFL remains a league that is practically impossible to predict. Every week, there are games that go in a different direction than any of the so-called experts could have imagined.

Two weeks into the 2014 season, this has definitely been the case. And it has produced standings after two games that are head scratching in places.

There are seven undefeated teams, a few of which are surprises. There are also seven franchises still in search of a win, a couple of which are hard to believe. And then, there are a bunch of teams – 18 to be exact – in the middle, sitting at 1-1.

How does this all shake out? The editors at cover32 gathered to assemble this week’s Power Rankings in an attempt to answer that question. Here are the results after two weeks of the 2014 season:

1. Denver Broncos (2-0) – At this point, people are grading the Broncos on style points; they aren’t winning by enough. But 2-0 is still 2-0, even if they have had a relatively cushy road (with two home games) to a perfect mark.(LW: 2)

2. Cincinnati Bengals (2-0) – It’s time to get on the Bengals bandwagon. With wins at Baltimore and at home against Atlanta, two teams that figure to be in the playoff mix, Cincinnati has earned their unblemished record at this point.(LW: 4)

3. Seattle Seahawks (1-1) – Is it possible the Seahawks were looking ahead to their Week 3 tilt with Denver, helping contribute to a nine-point loss in San Diego? Maybe. But, it’s not like Seattle was great away from CenturyLink Field last year, either. (LW: 1)

4. Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) – For the second straight week, the Eagles proved they’re incredibly resilient, storming back to stun Indy 30-27 and move to 2-0. Is LeSean McCoy and Darren Sproles the best 1-2 running back punch in the NFL? (LW: 3)

5. Carolina Panthers (2-0) – Even without Greg Hardy, the Panthers defense proved it’s one of the NFL’s best, holding the high-powered Lions to just seven points. In a division loaded with offense, Carolina’s D makes them the early favorites. (LW: 12)

6. Arizona Cardinals (2-0) – Even without Carson Palmer the Cardinals managed to beat the hapless Giants by double digits thanks to the four turnovers forced by their defense. Can Arizona steal a playoff spot and maybe even the NFC West? (LW: 11)

7. Green Bay Packers (1-1) – It might not have been pretty, but the Packers comeback win against the Jets was huge; all of the sudden, everyone in the NFC North is tied for first. Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson showed they’re still a great duo. (LW: 7)

8. New England Patriots (1-1) – All is right with the word again, even if you aren’t a Patriots fan. New England’s pounding of Minnesota this week showed that Bill Belichick’s team is still among the best in football. (LW: 14)

9. San Francisco 49ers (1-1) – Colin Kaepernick had a forgettable debut in Levi’s Stadium, turning the ball over four times and being a big part of the Niners getting outscored 21-0 in the fourth quarter. Maybe this team has too much drama. (LW: 6)

10. Houston Texans (2-0) – It’s time to take note of the Texans. They have a very simple formula for success, using a good running game and a great defense to win. And they’re following the recipe to the letter so far. (LW: 18)

11. Baltimore Ravens (1-1) – The team that dismantled the Steelers last Thursday night is what the Ravens can be when they’re right; and despite all of the distractions surrounding them, they seem to have found their way. (LW: 20)

12. Indianapolis Colts (0-2) – The Colts certainly haven’t had an easy draw, opening with games against Denver and Philadelphia. But already being two games back in the AFC South still has to be a concern. (LW: 13)

13. San Diego Chargers (1-1) – Lining up and going toe to toe with the defending champs is impressive. If San Diego can beat Seattle, it’s obvious that they can beat anyone in the league; that makes them a dangerous team. (LW: 21)

14. Buffalo Bills (2-0) – Hop on the bandwagon if you’d like, but there are still plenty of reasons to be cautious about the Bills. Yes, 2-0 is impressive. Yes, they dismantled the Dolphins this week. But let’s see EJ Manuel do it week after week. (LW: 19)

15. Detroit Lions (1-1) – Playing one of the NFL’s best defenses on the road is always tough, but one week after looking unstoppable, the Lions looked mortal in Carolina. Detroit needs more out of Reggie Bush, not just flashes here and there. (LW: 10)

16. Chicago Bears (1-1) – Through two weeks, the Bears have one of the league’s worst losses (home to Buffalo) and best wins (in San Francisco). A ton of potential is there with this team; they just need to put it all together. That starts with Jay Cutler. (LW: 22)

NFL Power Rankings: Bengals, Cardinals look like playoff material Sep. 16, 2014 7:40 AM ET

Two of the teams I spent significant time with this summer were the Cincinnati Bengals and the Arizona Cardinals.

When I left those places, I did so with the idea that both would have good football teams, would be in the playoffs, and quite possibly could push for a lot more.

Two weeks in, I think I could be right.

The Bengals are 2-0 and disposed of the Atlanta Falcons and their high-flying offense in grand style on Sunday. The 2-0 Cardinals beat the New York Giants on the road without Carson Palmer, which is really telling.

Any time you can win a road game with Drew Stanton, that's a good sign.

The Bengals are up to the second spot in my latest Power Rankings, with Arizona right behind at No. 3.

The Broncos, who will play a Super Bowl rematch with the Seattle Seahawks this week, remain in the top spot. Seattle, which lost to the San Diego Chargers, is down to No. 4.

Some will scoff at the Seahawks sitting behind those two -- I already got hit on Twitter by several correctly saying I would put Arizona ahead of Seattle -- but I think Arizona has earned that spot.

If the Cardinals can beat the 49ers this week, more will agree.

We are two weeks in and there are seven unbeaten teams left in the league. Two of those are the Buffalo Bills and the Houston Texans. And we wonder why it's so tough to try and get a gauge on this thing.

Do we have any idea?

RANK TEAM

powerrankings_logo.png

MOVE (LW)

1 DEN.png They weren't dominant against the Chiefs, but they found a way. The second-half lapses they've had won't play against Seattle.

emdash.png (1)

2 CIN.png The defense showed against a good offense in Atlanta that it is one of the best in the NFL. This is a serious Super Bowl contender.

powerrankings_green_up.png1(3)

3 ARI.png With their defense, they are good enough to win games even with a backup quarterback. That will be tough this week against San Francisco.

powerrankings_green_up.png4(7)

4 SEA.png They got pushed around a little bit against the Chargers. That has slowed some of that all-time-great-team talk.

powerrankings_red_down.png2(2)

5 CAR.png The defense has done a great job the first two weeks. The pass rush remains the key to that unit.

powerrankings_green_up.png13(18)

6 PHI.png They run the ball out of that spread the way you're supposed to run it: with a lot of space. The defense has some issues, though.

powerrankings_green_up.png2(8)

7 NE.png They looked like the Patriots we've come to know against the Vikings. The defense rebounded in a big way.

powerrankings_green_up.png2(9)

8 SF.png Colin Kaepernick can't have those turnover meltdowns or they won't be a playoff team. The defense had some lapses, too.

powerrankings_red_down.png4(4)

9 CHI.png Even though they rallied to beat the 49ers, I still have Chicago behind San Francisco. But Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall will help them win a lot of games.

powerrankings_green_up.png14(23)

10 GB.png It wasn't pretty against the Jets, but they found a way. Aaron Rodgers looked like Aaron Rodgers after the poor Week 1 showing.

powerrankings_red_down.png4(6)

11 ATL.png The offensive line just didn't give Matt Ryan any time to throw against the Bengals. That unit has to be better.

powerrankings_red_down.png6(5)

12 SD.png Was it the late 2000s again with Philip Rivers throwing three touchdown passes to Antonio Gates against Seattle? Now they face a long trip to play the Bills in Orchard Park.

powerrankings_green_up.png2(14)

13 IND.png At 0-2, they are in a hole to start the season. The good news is they have Jacksonville this week.

powerrankings_green_up.png3(16)

14 BAL.png That was an impressive bounce-back game against the Stealers. The defense looked much better than the first week.

powerrankings_green_up.png1(15)

15 BUF.png They have a chance this week to show they are for real with San Diego coming to town. EJ Manuel has done a solid job the first two weeks.

powerrankings_green_up.png6(21)

16 PIT.png That was a terrible showing in Baltimore. Their lines had big problems. Do they even come close to resembling the Stealers defenses of old?

powerrankings_red_down.png5(11)

17 HOU.png Are they for real at 2-0 or the beneficiaries of a soft schedule? I say it's the latter.

powerrankings_green_up.png7(24)

18 DET.png The offense seems like two separate units at home and away. The offense struggled at Carolina in a big way.

powerrankings_red_down.png6(12)

19 MIA.png The offense didn't do enough against the Bills, which once again opens up the questions about Ryan Tannehill.

powerrankings_red_down.png6(13)

20 NYJ.png The Packers game was a perfect example of what they will get this season: a little of the good Geno Smith with some of the bad.

powerrankings_red_down.png3(17)

21 CLE.png That was an impressive final drive against the Saints. That's something to build on.

powerrankings_green_up.png4(25)

22 MIN.png Even with Adrian Peterson back, they just aren't good enough with Matt Cassel at quarterback. They just aren't.

powerrankings_red_down.png2(20)

23 STL.png The Austin Davis era is off to a fast start. OK, I am kidding. But give the kid credit for making plays to help the Rams win on the road against the Bucs.

powerrankings_green_up.png3(26)

24 NO.png What the heck is wrong with that defense? Wasn't it supposed to be a strong part of this team?

powerrankings_red_down.png14(10)

25 WAS.png It's Kirk Cousins time now for about six weeks. He can show that he's ready to be an NFL starter -- maybe even for the Redskins.

powerrankings_green_up.png3(28)

26 DAL.png Running back DeMarco Murray will help them cover up that defense. The formula worked against the Titans and might be their style the rest of the way.

powerrankings_green_up.png4(30)

27 TEN.png Was the first game an aberration or was the second game the real Titans? They sure didn't look good against the Cowboys.

powerrankings_red_down.png8(19)

28 NYG.png They might be playing for their season this week against the Texans -- 0-3 would be a tough hole for Tom Coughlin.

powerrankings_red_down.png6(22)

29 KC.png At least they competed against the Broncos, which they didn't do the first week. That's a good sign.

powerrankings_red_down.png2(27)

30 TB.png They just aren't getting it done on offense. Is it almost time for Mike Glennon?

powerrankings_red_down.png1(29)

31 JAC.png I hate to beat the same drum, but here goes again: Play the kid. What's the point in playing Chad Henne?

emdash.png (31)

32 OAK.png They didn't even compete against the Texans. That's not a good sign. It's going to be a long season.

emdash.png (32)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

7.png
Denver Broncos (2-0) HIGH: 1 / LOW: 2
Once again the Broncos jumped out to big lead and once again they narrowly escaped a major comeback. Demaryius Thomas and DeMarcus Ware—two of their best players—responded big time after a slow start in Week 1.

26.png
Seattle Seahawks (1-1) HIGH: 1 / LOW: 2
The Super Bowl champs showed some vulnerability on both sides of the ball. After Marshawn Lynch’s back flared up, the offense narrowly missed an opportunity on their final drive in a game where Percy Harvin curiously only saw 26 total snaps. Although the Hawks are less of a powerhouse away from home, this loss boils down to Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates channeling their prime form.

4.png
Cincinnati Bengals (2-0) HIGH: 3 / LOW: 18
Despite losing their best offensive player (A.J. Green) early in the first quarter, the Bengals once again produced just enough offense to complement a defense that has talent on every level and produces on a consistent basis. Green will likely be back after their Week 4 bye week.

29.png
Carolina Panthers (2-0) HIGH: 4 / LOW: 15
Despite deactivating DE Greg Hardy, the Panthers' front seven once again proved too dominant, controlling the line of scrimmage throughout against the Lions. In his regular-season debut, Cam Newton showed no signs of rust while delivering a consistent performance. The narrative that Newton lacks reliable weapons seems foolish as Greg Olsen turned four of his six catches into first downs.

21.png
Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) HIGH: 5 / LOW: 8
Are there any offensive weapons that Chip Kelly can’t turn into productive players within his scheme? Building on Week 1’s momentum, Darren Sproles totaled 178 yards and a touchdown as he looked like his vintage self. The Eagles completed another impressive comeback and snapped their red zone touchdown drought.

17.png
New England Patriots (1-1) HIGH: 4 / LOW: 7
Bill Belichick has a long history of winning the next game after a loss and Sunday was no different. The interior offensive line fixed pass protection issues from the week before, but the real story was the play from breakout DE/OLB Chandler Jones. He made his seven pressures and five stops in the run game look like child’s play when he blocked a field goal, recovered the ball and returned it for a touchdown.

22.png
Arizona Cardinals (2-0) HIGH: 7 / LOW: 13
Traveling to the East Coast with a backup quarterback proved to be meaningless for a team that does the small things right. The Cardinals forced four turnovers, returned a punt for a touchdown and didn’t commit many drive-extending penalties. This is a short-term recipe for success, but if Carson Palmer’s nerve damage in his shoulder is serious, they will need to see more from Drew Stanton to stay atop the standings.

25.png
San Francisco 49ers (1-1) HIGH: 3 / LOW: 8
After using the first half to build on his strong Week 1 performance, Colin Kaepernick collapsed in the second half. His four turnovers sparked the Bears' rally. The Niners’ revamped secondary may need to experiment at slot CB as rookie Jimmie Ward allowed three touchdowns to Brandon Marshall. It’s equally important for right tackle Anthony Davis to return from injury and replace Jonathan Martin, who was exposed against Chicago.

24.png
San Diego Chargers (1-1) HIGH: 9 / LOW: 17
The Chargers shocked the world by beating the Seahawks, and while their defense made some timely plays, this win was all about Phillip Rivers and Antonio Gates. Rivers made big plays despite facing consistent pressure on almost every drop back and Gates looked 10 years younger, catching all seven targets for 96 yards and three TDs.

9.png
Green Bay Packers (1-1) HIGH: 5 / LOW: 11
After falling behind by 18, Aaron Rodgers showed why some consider him the best quarterback in the game. Jordy Nelson showed why just as many people consider him to be the most underrated wideout in the game — he racked up 209 yards, a touchdown, and forced three missed tackles. The defense clamped down in the second half, but we are still seeing some of the same issues in both pass coverage and pass rush.

11.png
Indianapolis Colts (0-2) HIGH: 6 / LOW: 11
You can’t blame the Colts for being mad after some questionable officiating aided their collapse, but you can blame OC Pep Hamilton's play calling at the end of the game. For this team to take the next step they will need to use a more Ahmad Bradshaw and less Trent Richardson.

3.png
Chicago Bears (1-1) HIGH: 7 / LOW: 18
The Bears defense came alive with a breakout performance from rookie CB Kyle Fuller, who turned the game around by snatching up two fourth-quarter interceptions. Marc Trestman adjusted his game plan, utilizing the injured Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey on routes where they could win with size over speed while Jay Cutler was almost flawless after the Bears fell behind 17-0.

33.png
Baltimore Ravens (1-1) HIGH: 9 / LOW: 16
The Ravens bounced back by dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and showing improvement within Gary Kubiak’s offensive scheme. Joe Flacco looked more comfortable and continued to utilize his new weapons Steve Smith and Owen Daniels. Strong play in the trenches and from the QB — that’s when this team. clicks.

2.png
Buffalo Bills (2-0) HIGH: 14 / LOW: 31
Once again the Bills dominated the line of scrimmage. Although they couldn’t establish the running game this week, several big plays by Sammy Watkins and a 102-yard kickoff return by C.J. Spiller sealed this win.

8.png
Detroit Lions (1-1) HIGH: 9 / LOW: 22
Matthew Stafford dealt with several drops from his receiving corps, but under pressure he reverted back to old bad habits — poor footwork and too many forced throws to Calvin Johnson, who saw 13 targets and only reeled in six catches. On a positive note, Nick Fairley was a disruptive force again, blowing up another interior offensive line and proving the offseason doubters wrong.

18.png
New Orleans Saints (0-2) HIGH: 3 / LOW: 16
After a slow start that included a pick-six, Drew Brees got the offense turned around in the second half after getting Jimmy Graham going. Once again, the defense was lackluster. CBs Patrick Robinson and Keenan Lewis combined to allow 10 receptions, 102 yards and a touchdown. If the pass coverage doesn’t greatly improve, the Saints will be in trouble.

15.png
Miami Dolphins (1-1) HIGH: 13 / LOW: 25
The Dolphins continued to miss on key third downs, putting themselves at a disadvantage in the field position battle. Ryan Tannehill continued to show strongly in Bill Lazor’s offense, but his receivers dropped five passes. The defensive line played well again, which was not reflected in the final score, but eventually the pass defense wore down and gave up several chunk plays to Sammy Watkins.

34.png
Houston Texans (2-0) HIGH: 18 / LOW: 29
It’s time to start taking the Texans seriously. They were once again dominant in the trenches on both sides of the ball, and Ryan Fitzpatrick rarely makes the costly error. Arian Foster is running as well as his line is blocking, but he is on pace for 440 carries. One has to wonder if he can stay healthy in spite of his massive workload.

1.png
Atlanta Falcons (1-1) HIGH: 14 / LOW: 19
LT Gabe Carimi performed surprisingly well in place of the injured Jake Mathews on Matt Ryan’s blind side, but the Falcons got their first glance at what life is like on offense without Tony Gonzalez. TE Levine Toilolo doesn’t offer much in the passing game, but it was his shoddy blocking that killed a couple drives. The pass rush has shown no signs of life with zero sacks through two games and the secondary has missed multiple assignments that have led to big plays.

23.png
Pittsburgh Stealers (1-1) HIGH: 15 / LOW: 20
One week after showing vulnerability in the run game, the Stealers were helpless in stopping the pass. CB Cortez Allen was picked on as he missed tackles, but the Stealers rush didn’t manufacture any pressure. Ben Roethlisberger and the passing game were not in sync against a stout Ravens defense that forced him out of his comfort zone into the short passing game.

20.png
New York Jets (1-1) HIGH: 19 / LOW: 22
Geno Smith and the offense continued to show signs of improvement, but they failed to alter their offensive game plan in the second half and the Packers adjusted. This game escalated into a shootout and the Jets' secondary was exposed.

5.png
Cleveland Browns (1-1) HIGH: 22 / LOW: 25
Once again the Browns offense performed better than expected, and they won the game due to their success on their final offensive possession. Free-agent slot WR Andrew Hawkins hasn’t dropped a pass yet and is quickly emerging as Brian Hoyer’s favorite target during Josh Gordon’s absence.

6.png
Dallas Cowboys (1-1) HIGH: 23 / LOW: 27
The defense came alive, led by Henry Melton and Rolando McClain — both were acquired for pennies on the dollar this offseason. The Cowboys followed the blueprint they always set out but often veer away from by running the ball successfully and controlling the clock.

16.png
Minnesota Vikings (1-1) HIGH: 19 / LOW: 30
It seemed as if the Adrian Peterson news cast a pall over the team, but in reality the Vikings simply couldn’t get things done in the trenches on either side of the ball. We saw the bad Matt Cassel again as he went 3-for-11 for 22 yards and three interceptions when he was pressured.

10.png
Tennessee Titans (1-1) HIGH: 21 / LOW: 31
In Week 1 we saw the good Jake Locker, but in Week 2 he reverted to old habits. The Cowboys dropped into coverage and let Locker do the rest by forcing several errant throws. The defense took a major step back, getting gashed in the run game for 220 yards.

12.png
Kansas City Chiefs (0-2) HIGH: 13 / LOW: 26
Even after Jamaal Charles exited with an injury, the Chiefs almost mounted a big second-half comeback. In the end they fell short, but the silver lining is that they may have found a legitimate weapon at TE with Travis Kelce. The offensive line continues to be the focal point of their struggles.

28.png
Washington Redskins (1-1) HIGH: 14 / LOW: 31
It’s tough to say that Kirk Cousins is a better QB than Robert Griffin, but it’s easier to call him a better fit for Jay Gruden’s offensive scheme. The offense came alive under Cousins, who negated the team’s weaknesses in pass protection by getting rid of the ball faster. On defense, the pass rush broke out with 10 sacks.

19.png
New York Giants (0-2) HIGH: 21 / LOW: 28
You can’t blame Eli Manning for this loss as he threw for almost 300 yards. Victor Cruz and Rueben Randle combined for four drops that came at the worst possible times. The Giants lost the turnover battle and surrendered a punt return TD — that recipe almost guarantees failure.

14.png
St. Louis Rams (1-1) HIGH: 12 / LOW: 30
Austin Davis grabbed his first career NFL victory in a win that was aided by the strong play of his offensive line and the defensive line. Rookie defensive lineman Aaron Donald showed why he picked up so much offseason buzz by causing fits for the Bucs and racking up a sack.

27.png
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-2) HIGH: 23 / LOW: 32
The passing game continues to struggle due to protection issues. Josh McCown has the weapons at his disposal, but he simply can’t get them the ball in good spots. The injury-riddled defensive line showed its colors as the Rams dominated the line of scrimmage all game while also keeping Austin Davis well protected on passing plays.

30.png
Jacksonville Jaguars (0-2) HIGH: 28 / LOW: 31
Chad Henne’s days are likely limited but Blake Bortles may not fare much better behind this line. After overspending on overrated free-agent LG Zane Beadles, the Jaguars offensive line is looking even worse than it did in 2013. They allowed 10 sacks against the Redskins and that number is not a typo.

13.png
Oakland Raiders (0-2) HIGH: 29 / LOW: 32

Rumors on Monday surrounded coach Dennis Allen’s job security, but it’s not his fault that his roster lacks the necessary talent. Despite adding several veterans with proven track records, the defensive line was blown off the ball for a second consecutive week. Rookie Derek Carr looked better, but he can’t turn this thing around himself.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/power-rankings

I'm not so sure beating Minnesota with out AP proves much for New England.  I do like that he doesn't drop a team just because they lose, or jump up a team just because they win.  We will have our chance against 4 of his top 10; 2 of his top 3. 

Yeah, he put a lot of stock in the Pats beating the Vikes without AP. Also considering that the team the Pats lost to got beat pretty good this week, I don't get the big leap over undefeated teams. Who knows at this point.

RANK

DEN.png

2-0 BRONCOS

Raise your hand if you live in Denver and expected Sunday's matchup to become a one-score game in its final moments, with the ailing Chiefs threatening, no less. Anyone? No? 

Nice pass deflection by Broncos defender Terrance Knighton on that fourth-down stop at the end; it must have felt good, if for no other reason than because the play stood. Hey, some wins ain't pretty, but they'll all count when this club is 13-3.

RANK

CIN.png

2-0 BENGALS

Message delivered. I thought I might have had the Bengals a bit high last week, placing them within the top five -- and then they went out and destroyed the Falcons. Impressive win, to say the least. 

Consider this just a whisper, but after watching his performance in the preseason and in Week 2, is it possible that Cincinnati rookie Jeremy Hill is more effective running the football than second-year pro Giovani Bernard? (Let me know what you think @HarrisonNFL.)

RANK

PHI.png

2-0 EAGLES

Monday night's performance shows what a threat Philly can be, considering Nick Foles missed some wide-open receivers, the club fared quite poorly in the first half -- and the Eagles still won. I honestly thought the game was over when Philadelphia cornerback Bradley Fletcher let a would-be interception slip right through his hands in the end zone, giving Indy a chance to go up 20-6 in the third quarter.

RANK

CAR.png

2-0 PANTHERS

Well. Those who thought Carolina doesn't have what it takes to compete for a Super Bowl should consider that the Panthers' defense has forced six turnovers, given up 21 points and allowed opposing quarterbacks to gain a little more than 5 yards per attempt through two games. That is a certifiably championship-caliber unit, folks.

RANK

ARI.png

2-0 CARDINALS

Maybe Drew Stanton didn't light it up -- OK, he really didn't light it up at all -- but that was a nice winfor a veteran backup quarterback placed in a tough spot. He got a lift from the Cardinals' run game, which posted 124 yards against the Giants, and from the fact that Andre Ellington didn't put the ball on the turf. Oh, and Arizona's Ted Ginn actually fielded a punt, and went on to reward himself -- and his team -- for it. Good return.

RANK

SD.png

1-1 CHARGERS

Big-league win over the Seahawks. How the 34-year-old Antonio Gates still gets open is absolutely, utterly amazing. Can you imagine what his combine numbers would be now? It doesn't matter; he's still good and shifty in a way that only the 55-year-old who embarrasses you at the rec center can be. I got this dude wearing the sports goggles from 1985 and the tube socks and the Waylon Jennings concert tee, you think, before he pulls a jump hook with a hairy arm all up in your grill. 

Yeah, so that's what the Seahawks' linebackers felt like on Sunday ... probably.

RANK

SEA.png

1-1 SEAHAWKS

So ... guessing the "perfect season" stuff can come to a merciful end. Seattle looked fatigued in the San Diego heat and in those dark blues. Give the Chargers credit for a) making the Seahawkswear those insulated heat packs and B) outplaying them in all three phases of the game. Although it came early, Percy Harvin's fumble on a second-quarter kick return was a huge play in a quality early season matchup.

RANK

GB.png

1-1 PACKERS

For Aaron Rodgers, it's another feather in the cheesehead, which had been looking a bit moldy following a poor kickoff-night performance. Lost in all the highlights against the Jets and Randall Cobb's two scores were the two bills Jordy Nelson put up for Green Bay. How about this stat line? Nine catches for 209 yards and a big touchdown. 

Would you believe that in the 94-year history of the Packers -- which includes the great years of Don Hutson, Carroll Dale, James Lofton, Sterling Sharpe and Donald Driver -- Don Beebe has the third-most receiving yards in a game? Don freaking Beebe?! He put up 220 yards against the49ers in a fantastic Monday night thriller in 1996, a 23-20 overtime win in Week 7 -- and went on to finish the season with 699 yards. I must find this contest on VHS for my collection. Any of you fans have it? Hit me up @HarrisonNFL.

RANK

BUF.png

2-0 BILLS

Say what you want about C.J. Spiller and how the Bills tend to use him; the man can flat-out fly. His kickoff return was more than highlight stuff -- it answered a Dolphins field goal, returning control ofa key AFC East matchup to Buffalo's hands. 

Love that this team is 2-0. Love even more that the Bills are staying in Buffalo. Love less that I missed this game pick, but, well, I don't really care. The Bills are not leaving the town in which they were based when they won the 1964 and 1965 AFL championships, as well as four straight AFC crowns under Marv Levy. And don't sleep on the Ground Chuck years, either.

RANK

NE.png

1-1 PATRIOTS

I guess that answers that question. Gloom and doom averted, New England starts even again with the Raiders coming to town Sunday. Thankfully for the Patriots, the defense fared a little betterin Minnesota than it did in the Week 1 loss in Miami, routinely pressuring Vikings quarterback Matt Cassel, who was sacked six times and forced into making some off-the-mark throws. 

Stevan Ridley, meanwhile, ran for New England with the determination of a man who once lost his job for fumbling. Weird.

RANK

CHI.png

1-1 BEARS

How about that Kyle Fuller? The rookie had two interceptions, two passes defensed and six tackles in San Francisco. What a gutsy win for the Bears, who have quickly put that bad home loss to the Bills behind them. Next up: at the Jets. I'll be picking this game Thursday, and it looks even-steven right now.

RANK

SF.png

1-1 49ERS

Multiple turnovers, 16 penalties and a huge drop at the end, to boot. How the Niners blew that Sunday night matchup with the Bears after jumping out to a 17-0 lead is beyond me, but those numbers are probably a good place to start.

RANK

MIA.png

1-1 DOLPHINS

Much to dislike from the Dolphins' showing in Buffalo, starting with a lopsided loss that was sprinkled with injuries, perhaps the most urgent of which concerns Knowshon Moreno's elbow. The real Debbie Downer was the kick coverage, which took some bad angles on that 102-yard return by C.J. Spiller, which negated some Miami momentum while allowing Buffalo to go up 16-3 in front of a frenzied home crowd. 

Somebody tell Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins' passing game that repeatedly rebounding from mediocre performances does not a comeback story make.

RANK

BAL.png

1-1 RAVENS

Got much grief for keeping Baltimore one spot above Pittsburgh in the Power Rankings last weekdespite the fact that the Ravens lost to the Bengals and the Steelers won their game. Then, of course,Baltimore topped Pittsburgh. 

Didn't love the penalties by the RavensDid love the use of the two-tight end sets. Did anyone startOwen Daniels (two touchdowns for Baltimore) in fantasy besides his Cousin Eddie and people in nine-tight end leagues?

RANK

ATL.png

1-1 FALCONS

There was much banter about who would be running the football for the Falcons -- Steven Jackson,Jacquizz RodgersDevonta Freeman or even Week 1 hero Antone Smith -- and it didn't matter. Not withMatt Ryan throwing three picks while averaging just 5 yards per attempt against the Bengals.Meanwhile, Andy Dalton made mincemeat of the Atlanta defense, even while he was overthrowing some wide-open receivers.

RANK

NO.png

0-2 SAINTS

At some point, the Saints' defense is going to have to make plays when it matters, or this team will have little chance to compete for another Super Bowl. Was the unit terrible in Cleveland on Sunday?No. But could Browns receiver Andrew Hawkins have gotten any more open on the crucial last-minute reception that set up the clinching field goal? 

It's not panic time yet, but the red button is blinking and ready to be pushed.

RANK

NYJ.png

1-1 JETS

Somehow you just knew that when Eric Decker was jumping up and down on your TV and the Jetswere going up 21-3 in Green Bay, things were going to go south. Geno Smith had some moments for Gang Green, but the production (176 yards and a passer rating of 64.1) wasn't enough to offset his second-quarter interception deep in Packers territory. That hurt, as it ultimately caused New York to miss out on what would have likely been a makeable Nick Folk field-goal attempt. 

By the way, how about that for a fun timeout? It's worth noting that back in 2007, when he was defensive coordinator for the Baltimore RavensRex Ryan lost a game in the same way -- except that time, he was the assistant whose sideline call wiped away a momentous play, in that case a fourth-and-1 stop that could have interrupted the Patriots' undefeated regular season.

RANK

IND.png

0-2 COLTS

This ranking might seem harsh, given the fact that Indy has fallen to two top teams in the Broncosand Eagles. Yet, unlike the similarly 0-2 Saints -- whose two losses came on the road -- the Colts were defeated Monday night at home. Also, their best defensive player -- Robert Mathis -- is out for the year. And as long as Trent Richardson, who gave up a crucial third-quarter fumble that set theEagles up for a game-tying touchdown, continues to get carries ... 

On that note, we realize that Indy made a huge investment in Richardson, giving up a first-round pick in the trade to acquire him, but enough already.

RANK

DET.png

1-1 LIONS

Looks like we're dealing with the same old Detroit Lions ... well, at least after two weeks. Jim Caldwell's club purred in the second half of Sunday's loss to the Panthers, ultimately posting a turnover differential of minus-three. Whether you're the Lions of 2014 or 1935 -- the championship-winning group that allowed a scant nine points per game -- you can't win that way.Matthew Stafford dropped back 52 times and failed to reach top 300 passing yards. No bueno.

RANK

PIT.png

1-1 STEELERS

Do you realize the Steelers have been outscored 50-9 since halftime of Week 1? Let's put the controversy over the big hits aside. That didn't lose the game for the Steelers in Baltimore. Pittsburgh was consistently defeated up front while the safeties and linebackers were dominated in coverage.

RANK

DAL.png

1-1 COWBOYS

So much for the cursed road blues theory. Maybe that was something reserved for the years of Don Meredith, Craig Morton, Roger Staubach, Danny White, Steve Pelluer, Troy Aikman ... actually, that pretty much covers it. 

Nice win in Nashville for the CowboysDez Bryant needs to sport more gold under that jersey, though.

RANK

CLE.png

1-1 BROWNS

Beautiful comeback for the Brownies on Sunday. This team, which needed a win oh so badly, did not let up for a second straight week. Unlike in the narrow Week 1 loss to the Steelers, though, Cleveland was not forced to mount a huge rally against the Saints, partially due to a defensive effort that did not just hand Drew Brees opportunities. Also worth mentioning: the Browns' commitment to the run, which showed through in the form of 30 carries from Terrance West andIsaiah Crowell.

RANK

MIN.png

1-1 VIKINGS

Tough "home" opener for the Vikes against the Patriots. Defenders have a better shot of putting their hands on a receiver without a flag being thrown than Matt Cassel does of evading pressure right now. Holy cow. #pocketawareness

RANK

TEN.png

1-1 TITANS

So where was that Titans run defense we saw in Week 1? DeMarco Murray (167 yards, one touchdown) gashed the Tennessee front Sunday, then gashed it again. The Cowboys rushed for more than 200 yards while averaging more than 5 yards per carry. The Titans' offense could get no such traction, as play calling and game situations reduced them to a measly 13 rushing attempts. On a brighter note, Tennessee tight end Delanie Walker scored a dynamic touchdown for a second consecutive week.

RANK

KC.png

0-2 CHIEFS

I'll tell you what; that Alex Smith has some serious athletic pride. The final aerial numbers might not have been phenomenal (26 of 42 passing for 255 yards), but the 42 yards he provided on the ground -- along with some big throws -- kept the Chiefs in the game against the Broncos. No. 11 isn't perfect, but when you look at what he's playing with, you realize the quality of his work.

RANK

HOU.png

2-0 TEXANS

Pretty sure Texans coach Bill O'Brien realizes the best way to win is to get Arian Foster going. Foster had yet another solid outing against the Raiders, toting the rock 28 times for 138 yards and a touchdown, and adding two catches. So much for the bad back. What a damn good player he is when his body is right. 

And major props to the Houston Texans, who have already matched last year's win total. Of course, all of their losses in 2013 came after Week 2.

RANK

WAS.png

1-1 REDSKINS

It's rare that a team has a better shot of winning when the backup quarterback comes in. We haven't seen that since Doug Flutie was the understudy for Rob Johnson (who, by the way, is one of the many who have played quarterback for Washington since Y2K). So I guess you know where I'm headed with this. Can you blame me? Kirk Cousins' day against the Jaguars, with Robert Griffin IIIout: 22 of 33 passing for 250 yards and two touchdowns. Yep.

RANK

STL.png

1-1 RAMS

Strange football game to play in, strange football game to win. Bilbo had a better chance at taking Smaug than Austin Davis had of winning this one, and yet, the kid delivered. Next up: the Cowboys.Let's hope the Rams tackle DeMarco Murray this time around.

RANK

TB.png

0-2 BUCCANEERS

What a terrible ending to an un-entertaining game. Do those two negatives make Sunday's loss to the Rams a positive for Lovie Smith's Bucs? No. Like, not at all. No team in pro football had a set-up like Tampa Bay, which should have had an easy go of it, starting the season with two home games against backup quarterbacks -- and yet the Bucs are 0-2, having fallen prey to the likes ofDerek Anderson and Austin Davis. And while we understand the spirit of the 10-second runoff rule, it sure seemed like the Bucs were punished for Mike Evans getting hurt. #sucks

RANK

NYG.png

0-2 GIANTS

Lost opportunity for the Giants, facing a Drew Stanton-led Cardinals team in front of the home crowd in MetLife. This deal has 5-11 written all over it. Of course, we've said that kind of thing about Tom Coughlin-coached teams before. Perhaps we should wait ... like a week or so.

RANK

JAC.png

0-2 JAGUARS

Hmm. Uh ... Looking for something to type that is nice. Ah, to hell with it. When do we get to seeBlake Bortles? (Quarterback strategy aside, to blame Sunday's loss on Chad Henne would be seriously misguided.)

RANK

OAK.png

0-2 RAIDERS

Do the Raiders know Sunday's matchup started at 1:25 p.m. Pacific, not Eastern? Ugh. The promise shown in Week 1 went the way of the dodo bird awfully quickly against the Texans -- in Oakland, no less. Still, I love the way rookie Derek Carr is out there competing. Frankly, I find myself rooting for him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000395698/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-3-chargers-soar-seahawks-tumble

Week Two power rankings
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT

1.  Seattle Seahawks (No. 1 last week; 1-1):  They lost in San Diego.  I guess that means they now suck.  And they’ll suck just enough to win the Super Bowl again.

2. Denver Broncos (No. 2; 2-0):  With the No. 1 team on the docket for Week Three, the opportunity is there to not lose by 35 points.

3. New England Patriots (No. 4; 1-1):  Cries of “the Pats are done” became “the Pats done kicked Minnesota’s ass” on Sunday.

4. Green Bay Packers (No. 3; 1-1):  They lose a spot for flirting for too long with a lesser team, but the Packers are still a top-five franchise.

5. Cincinnati Bengals (No. 6; 2-0):  Maybe when James Harrison said “ain’t no fun when the rabbit got the gun,” he was referring to the Bengals turning tables in the AFC North.

6. Carolina Panthers (No. 9; 2-0):  In a year when everyone thought they’d fade, the Panthers apparently are tightening their grip on the NFC South.

7. Philadelphia Eagles (No. 11; 2-0):  Undefeated despite playing at an average level at best, if this team ever finds the gas pedal, they could be the biggest threat to a Seattle repeat.

8. Arizona Cardinals (No. 12; 2-0):  It’s hard to remember this team is 2-0, probably because they should have lost both of their games.

9. San Francisco 49ers (No. 5; 1-1):  Who’s got it better than us?  Anyone who opened a brand new stadium by winning the first game there.

10. Baltimore Ravens (No. 14; 1-1):  The Ravens took refuge last week in football.  The Steelers wish they hadn’t.

11. New Orleans Saints (No. 7; 0-2):  Does anyone really think this team won’t have a seat at the postseason table?

12. San Diego Chargers (No. 17; 1-1):  For those who say the Chargers created the recipe for beating the Seahawks, it helps to have access to ingredients like Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates, and Keenan Allen.

13. Chicago Bears (No. 19; 1-1):  The Bears provide Exhibit A for the idea that no one really knows what’s going to happen in any given game, in any given week.

14. Atlanta Falcons (No. 10; 1-1):  Who scored more points this week, Roddy White’s fantasy team or his reality team?

15. Indianapolis Colts (No. 8; 0-2):  The AFC South is the Colts’ division to lose.  And they are.

16. Pittsburgh Steelers (No. 13; 1-1):  Mike Tomlin needed to trip a bunch of guys other than Jacoby Jones for the Steelers to have a chance in Baltimore last Thursday.

17. Detroit Lions (No. 15; 1-1):  Apparently, Donkey Kong Suh couldn’t get his flaming barrels through airport security.

18. Buffalo Bills (No. 26; 2-0):  The organization’s best week since January 1994 could become the best two weeks since January 1994.

19. Houston Texans (No. 24; 2-0):  Beating a mediocre franchise quarterback one week and a worse-than-mediocre franchise the next hardly means the Texans have fixed all their problems.

20. New York Jets (No. 16; 1-1):  An ill-timed timeout has helped obscure the fact that the Jets blew a huge lead.

21. Cleveland Browns (No. 31; 1-1):  If this team is still in the hunt after Josh Gordon comes back, things could get very interesting in December.

22. Washington (No. 25; 1-1):  With a defense capable of generating 10 sacks, maybe Joe Theismann could play quarterback for this team and win.

23. Dallas Cowboys (No. 27; 1-1):  After years of saying they’ll run the ball more, they finally did.  Maybe they should keep doing that.

24. Miami Dolphins (No. 20; 1-1):  Another win over the Patriots chased by another 19-point loss to the Bills.

25. St. Louis Rams (No. 28; 1-1):  Just think of how good this team could be if it had a quarterback.

26. Tennessee Titans (No. 21; 1-1):  At least no one pulled an Albert Haynesworth during the Cowboys’ return to Nashville for the first time since Andre Gurode’s forehead was shredded.

27. Minnesota Vikings (No. 18; 1-1):  For a franchise that has provided its fans with 50-plus years of disappointment, embarrassment, humiliation, and heartbreak, Monday was the lowest point yet.

28. Kansas City Chiefs (No. 22; 0-2):  “At least we’re not the Raiders” may be the best they can say this year.

31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (No. 29; 0-2):  “At least Greg Schiano’s not the coach” may be the best they can say this year.

30. New York Giants (No. 23; 0-2):  Seven years ago, the Giants reversed an 0-2 start with a Super Bowl win.  Seven years ago, the Giants had a lot more talent.

31. Jacksonville Jaguars (No. 30; 0-2):  Maybe Blake Bortles isn’t playing because they’re concerned the bubble wrap would screw up his throwing motion.

32. Oakland Raiders (No. 32; 0-2):  The Raiders aren’t as bad as I thought they’d be.  Somehow, they’re worse.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/16/week-two-power-rankings-5/

With three polls in, here is their adjusted combined weighted average (ACWA):

1: Denver [6]

2: Cincinnati [16]

3: Seattle [20]

4: Philadelphia [25]

5: Carolina [31]

6: New England [40]

7: Arizona [41]

8: Green Bay [45]

9: San Francisco [53]

10: San Diego [71]

11: Indianapolis [76]

12: Baltimore [81]

13: Chicago [83]

14: Buffalo [87]

15: Detroit [94]

16: Houston [98]

ACWA is computed by comparing the placement of each specific team in each poll against the average placement for that team in all polls.  The absolute value of each difference is then averaged across the league to determine how accurate each poll is when compared to all other polls.  The least-accurate poll is then given a weight of 1, the next-best poll is given a weight of 2, and so on.  Each team's ACWA is the weighted average of their poll placement across all polls, factoring in each poll's weight.

Example:

Buffalo placed 18, 14, and 9 in the three polls.  That average is 13-2/3.  The error for Buffalo is

1st Poll = 18 - 13-2/3 = 4-1/3

2nd Poll = 14 - 13-2/3 = 1/3

3rd Pol = 13-2/3 - 9 = 4-2/3

The average placement error for each poll was:

1st Poll = 1.9375 (---, Weight = 2_

2nd Poll = 1.5625 (Most accurate, Weight = 3)

3rd Poll = 2.4167 (Least accurate, Weight = 1)

The ACWA figures for each team are shown in [brackets] above.  Lower is better.  A perfect score is 6.  Only those teams appearing in all 3 polls are included.

The dumbest two things :

Jeremy Hill better than Gio. Hill is good. Gio is laugh-out-loud-at-how-fun-he-is-to-watch-good

Apparently beating the Giants, who are abysmal, makes the Cards awesome, but beating two other shitty teams (including RG3 who everyone loves :ninja:) makes the Texans terrible.

The dumbest two things :
Jeremy Hill better than Gio. Hill is good. Gio is laugh-out-loud-at-how-fun-he-is-to-watch-good
Apparently beating the Giants, who are abysmal, makes the Cards awesome, but beating two other shitty teams (including RG3 who everyone loves :ninja:) makes the Texans terrible.

I think he meant Hill could be a better pure up the middle type back. Not exactly sure what he means by just saying "runner" though. I don't think there's many in the league who are dynamic at their position like Gio is, though.

Archived