2014 Blackout Thread

And since the Rats play the Stains, and the Stains actually won last week, so I have no doubt 10TV will once again screw over those in Columbus and those of us north of Columbus and not show the Bengals. It's not going to be possible for me to drive almost 3 hours one-way on Sunday this week. Hopefully later in the season but not this week.

And Cincinnati actually thought they would have a chance to have an NBA team when the Clippers debacle was going on lmao

Yeah, pretty sad.

I know everyone has opinions on why the games aren't selling out but it sucks that the Bengals had so much support even during some of the bad Palmer/Ocho years and can't get it now that we have an all around badass team.

Screw it, I am going to seat geek and picking up a pair.  Damn, they have some really cheap seats.  Section 309 for $52 bucks.

Heck, might ever buy them from Bengals and do my part.

Why don't they keep reducing the price of tickets until they're all sold?  Does the NFL allow that?  I see the Reds giving all sorts of promotions to move tickets throughout the season.

No, I don't think they are allowed to.

And since the Rats play the Stains, and the Stains actually won last week, so I have no doubt 10TV will once again screw over those in Columbus and those of us north of Columbus and not show the Bengals. It's not going to be possible for me to drive almost 3 hours one-way on Sunday this week. Hopefully later in the season but not this week.

I'm in Columbus and will probably have to go to a sports bar. Not the end of the world.

Why don't they keep reducing the price of tickets until they're all sold?  Does the NFL allow that?  I see the Reds giving all sorts of promotions to move tickets throughout the season.

Roger Goodell doesn't allow this. The Bengals already have one of the cheapest tickets in the NFL.

It isn't lack of support. It is people with the lack of money to afford to attend.

If its blackout in Cincy I don't think you'll be able to see it in Columbus! I think I am right but I hope I am wrong :(

No, Columbus is outside the Cincinnati blackout range. Dayton gets blacked out when Cincy does but we saw the blacked out preseaon games at the time they were being played instead of on tape delay. Bengals will probably be blacked out in Columbus due to the local CBS affiliate choosing the Browns game but Sunday Ticket viewers can watch the Bengals.

It isn't lack of support. It is people with the lack of money to afford to attend.

Honestly, I used to believe in people were struggling but bullshit! People in Cincy aren't struggling that bad but are cheap asses that don't want to pay for the entertainment. Let's call it what it is. 

Honestly, I used to believe in people were struggling but bullshit! People in Cincy aren't struggling that bad but are cheap asses that don't want to pay for the entertainment. Let's call it what it is. 

I know a ton of people that either had to get new jobs or started families and can't afford to go anymore. Many of them would have been lifers but they either haven't gotten the raises or had to find new jobs and aren't where they expected to be financially. A lot of the companies in Cincinnati pay pretty garbage and don't do shit for raises anymore.

I know a ton of people that either had to get new jobs or started families and can't afford to go anymore. Many of them would have been lifers but they either haven't gotten the raises or had to find new jobs and aren't where they expected to be financially. A lot of the companies in Cincinnati pay pretty garbage and don't do shit for raises anymore.

Are you telling me Cleveland or Indy or Jacksonville hell even Detroit isn't struggling but Cincy is?

I may never go to another game,   I love  staying home in the comfort of my couch with easy access to food, drink and bathrooms,   I turned down free seats last season 3 or 4 times so I can stay home and watch Red Zone

If I go to a game I end up spending in excess of $150 by the time its all said and done and I get so plastered I never remember the game anyway lol

The city of Cincinnati is ran by idiots.

That I agree with. 

I may never go to another game,   I love  staying home in the comfort of my couch with easy access to food, drink and bathrooms,   I turned down free seats last season 3 or 4 times so I can stay home and watch Red Zone

If I go to a game I end up spending in excess of $150 by the time its all said and done and I get so plastered I never remember the game anyway lol

That I can understand because I love watching the games from home anymore with friends. I wouldn't mind going to one or 2 games a year but thats about it. 

Archived