Re-Plating Old Jerseys

During a recent fire sale/clearance at the Pro Shop, I picked up an Orange Authentic 9/Palmer (with sewn-on letters and numbers) and an Orange Replica 85/Ochocinco for about twenty bucks each.  IIRC, they were deeply discounted and were combined with a B1G1 deal.  It was at least 2 season ago, and I've not wanted to wear either of them because...well... Palmer and Ochocinco.

Anyway, I have no other Orange gear, so I decided to head to Koch's on Saturday and get both of them re-plated.

qskwpk.jpg

I have black #99 Pollack and #51 Thurman jerseys that need some help.  They sit in the closet and will remain there indefinately.  It would be nice to have a Hunt Jersey and maybe even a Spikes or Dimanche put on it.  Can this be done anywhere on the east coast besides in Cincinnati?  Could I could send them to my family in Cincy to have it done maybe?  Need to know how Much? 

Badass!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you for the nameplate swap?

Used to be $35, but this time it was $40.   It *might* be because the prices went up, though for both jerseys they're doing a little extra work:

9/Palmer - Because it's a non-replica, they have to physically remove the existing plate before putting a new one on.

85/Ochocinco - The jersey was actually re-plated once already by the ProShop... when you hold it up to the light you can see "C.JOHNSON" beneath the "OCHOCINCO" plate.  You can't slap a 2nd plate on because the backing gets too stiff, so again Koch's has to remove the existing plate before they can slap the new one on.

I don't know if it's $35 each plus $5 extra labor, or if it's just $40 per jersey and the labor is included.

I previously turned my 80/Warrick into an 80/Collinsworth and a clearance-sale $20 11/Shipley into an 11/Joplin.  The Collinsworth one is historically inaccurate since Cris never wore a "flying tiger" jersey (but Isaac Curtis never played in a post-2003 orange jersey either... I won't tell if you won't)

I have black #99 Pollack and #51 Thurman jerseys that need some help.  They sit in the closet and will remain there indefinately.  It would be nice to have a Hunt Jersey and maybe even a Spikes or Dimanche put on it.  Can this be done anywhere on the east coast besides in Cincinnati?  Could I could send them to my family in Cincy to have it done maybe?  Need to know how Much? 

Most stores can do it *IF* they're equipped with the correct Bengals font/color/etc stuff.  You'd hate to have them guess about something you've already spent $100-200 on.

I have had Koch's do all of my Jerseys... sometimes I drop in, sometimes I do it via the mail.  Top quality, and they absolutley know what it's supposed to look like - they're quite literally 3 blocks from PBS.  My total cost was $80 for the jerseys plus $14 for them to ship the completed items to me in Indiana.

I've had a number of jersey's redone at Koch's and recommend them highly.  Anytime you can catch a $20 jersey get it and have Koch rename it.  My best one is my Warrick I changed to RayDogg.

Also this makes for a great gift for a Bengals fan, get a $20 jersey and have their name put on the back, they'll love it.

I really hope you're not joking.

PS - wasn't me.  But I kind of wish it was.

No joke. I spotted it when I was line to go through security. Tried to get a picture of it on my phone but lost him in the crowd...

Best #9 I've seen yet was at the game on Sunday with "Draft Picks".  It was tape, but clever as hell.

That's a good one too...

I saw someone at the game Sunday who redid the plate on their #9 jersey to say "RACOON"...

Uhh.... I don't get it.

Speaking of possibly obscure references.... I had been thinking for a Very Long Time about getting my White 28/Dillon replated as "Leon", but now that Dillon has been out of football for a while I remember him more for what a great RB he was and less for what a dick toward the team he became.  And I'm thinking that very few folks would get the reference:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY[/media]

Trash on lawn, raccoons; was a running joke here for a short while.  Very short, which leads me to believe it may be a member of this site... 

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/68201-arizona-cardinals-quarterback-carson-palmer-isnt-showing-stripes-about-cincinnati-bengals-exit/?p=1287069

Possibly was that the kickstarter?

Slightly related to the topic of Jersies.

I was in Bmore wearing my my David Pollack jersey his rookie year and some rat's fan was walking up beind me with his kids and goes "look his jersey says Polack" while he was wearing his Ray Lewis jersey so I threw it right back at him and said "Look his jersey says Murder"

He quickly shut up, it was beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...

No way I would replate the Thurman jersey.

And continue to wear it especially to games if you have the opportunity.

Very retro and cool.

And Hunt would be very cool...

Maybe get it done as "Lurch"

Archived