Mike Brown's wife gives tickets to officers

Mike Brown's wife gives tickets to officers
September, 19, 2014
Sep 19
12:35
PM ET
By Coley Harvey | ESPN.com

CINCINNATI -- Nancy Brown, the wife of Cincinnati Bengals team president Mike Brown, gave tickets to area first-responders earlier this week in an act of goodwill that she has attempted before.

The Cincinnati Business Courier first reported Friday morning that a woman who identified herself only as "Mrs. Brown" stopped by a firehouse and police station in nearby Clermont County's Miami Township, to give away 24 tickets to Sunday's game at Paul Brown Stadium against the Tennessee Titans. The publication said she didn't provide advance notice of the giveaway. She just did it because she felt like it.

ESPN.com is able to confirm that the mysterious Mrs. Brown is indeed Nancy Brown.

A team spokesman said this isn't the first time she has given away tickets to local policemen and firemen. It's an act she has repeated -- on her own and without seeking attention -- on random occasions in the past. Her efforts aren't affiliated with the team, which also was trying to stave off its first blackout since 2012 the same day Nancy Brown arrived at the police and fire stations.

The Bengals announced Thursday that they had passed the ticket threshold required by the league to televise the game locally. The announcement came as a bit of a surprise after manager of ticket sales Andrew Brown tweeted earlier this week.

Andrew Brown @BengalTicketGuy Follow

(2/3) If u live w/in 75 miles of Cincy & want to view #TENvsCIN I would advise u to order tix. The game is not expected to air on local TV.

According to the Cincinnati Business Courier, Nancy Brown told the fire chief of the station she visited that she planned to visit others to thank first responders for their service. The Miami Township Fire Department received 16 tickets, while the smaller police department received eight, the Business Courier reported.

Nancy Brown regularly attends Bengals-related events around Cincinnati. She sometimes tailgates with fans before home games. She also will represent her husband at team events he's unable to attend. Just earlier this month she attended a local screening of "Forgotten Four," a documentary about the first African Americans to play in the NFL after World War II. Mike Brown's father, former Browns coach and Bengals founder Paul Brown, played a key role in re-integrating the league in 1946.

Didn't she used to come down to the tailgates and meet a bunch of the people before the game?

The Bengals are going all out to try to bring this community back to PBS. Good to see things like this happening.

She came down to Lot D in the corner quite frequently before the parking lot shuffle took place. She has even gave us tickets to a game before. Real people are hard to find and she is the real deal.

We have nothing to be ashamed of as far as the number of character problems on the team since 2011. But ,hey for those who cannot let go of the past

take a look at the rest of the AFCN in the same period and tell me... "Who has the real character issues?"

She came down to Lot D in the corner quite frequently before the parking lot shuffle took place. She has even gave us tickets to a game before. Real people are hard to find and she is the real deal.

She is indeed. She was on the group trip Amish and I were on to Charlotte in 2010. She rode the bus even. Very engaging and genuinely nice person. And even though she insisted you call her "Nancy", pure respect made you say "Mrs. Brown".

She is indeed. She was on the group trip Amish and I were on to Charlotte in 2010. She rode the bus even. Very engaging and genuinely nice person. And even though she insisted you call her "Nancy", pure respect made you say "Mrs. Brown".

eim4b7.jpg

LT, Nancy, ABF, and ABF's big fat belly.

Yep.  And I spy some dude named WD24K in your photo.

Yes sir.  That it is.  He has gone by a few different names over the years and is known here on this board as IckeyShuffler to those who are interested.

I remember her bringing cookies around Lot D during the dark decade.

Do you remember what kind of cookies ?  ...and were they home-made ?

I may have been drunk, but I think they were homemade 

Yes sir.  That it is.  He has gone by a few different names over the years and is known here on this board as IckeyShuffler to those who are interested.

Do you remember what kind of cookies ?  ...and were they home-made ?

Archived