PA cop killer & domestic terrorism

T-Dub

If you're not familiar with the story:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/19/pocono-mountains-killer-eric-frein-pennsylvania

I'm just posting this in order to point out how this is generally how the shooter has been described:

an anti-law enforcement survivalist who had talked of mass murder.

And how fucked up it seems to me that if this guy were a Muslim named Ahmad instead of a white (presumably) Christian named Eric, he would undoubtedly be categorized as a terrorist, & rightly so. 

Or that the last time I checked, no groups like the KKK or any other anti-government/racist/seditious militia in the US had been classified as a terrorist organization.. for some reason.

Or that, whenever these types go on a rampage, they never get into which of those groups they might belong to because they're afraid of what other powerful people they might turn up as members.

Or how if a white guy shoots up a movie theater or elementary school, committing a mass murder of innocents, we immediately turn the conversation to their mental problems and how the system has failed them, but will turn around and demonize a black teenager that's been shot down like a damned rabid dog in the street because they may have shoplifted a cigar or smoked some weed possibly.

Or how, while we'll send some convenience store owner to Gitmo if they happen to wire some cash to the wrong person, people like these fucking kooks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutaree

not only walk free, but:

After the acquittal of seven Hutaree members, property seized during a March 2010 raid was returned to the owners. Items included a wedding ring, firearms and surplus items of military equipment previously owned by Hutaree members.

Seized items that had been returned included hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition, numerous weapons and other material, but several items including illegal weapons taken as evidence had been destroyed by the Justice Department rather than returned to the acquitted Hutaree members

Or that this sort of shit is only becoming more common and more dangerous:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/20/nyregion/2-accused-of-trying-to-create-a-weapon.html

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/publications/terror-from-the-right

http://bangordailynews.com/2009/02/10/politics/report-dirty-bomb-parts-found-in-slain-mans-home/

(note the running themes of "race war" and how in their shriveled inbred brains the way to bring it about is by shooting cops, because obviously all the minorities are just itching to loot and burn and rape and pillage as soon as they get the chance. Think any of these shitheels got waterboarded?)

Or that while we're all freaking out about ISIS (like we weren't funneling money to those same goons when they were Syrian "freedom fighters" & continue to turn a blind eye to their continued funding by "allies" like Saudi Arabia, much like we did the backgrounds of the 9/11 hijackers) we can turn around and act like treasonous "Oath Keeper" types and their quasi-legal arms caches are the only thing standing between fuckin' Dubuque, Iowa and Sharia law.

Anyway, I can only surmise that it's going to take another Oklahoma City-type bombing to bring our focus on terrorism back to actual, you know, terrorism instead of it being a thinly-veiled excuse for rampant xenophobia, resource-grabbing & war profiteering, but I needed to get that off my chest.

tl;dr - There are all sorts of heavily-armed terrorist cells operating in the open in this country  but we DGAF if they're made up of guys named Mike instead of Mohammed.

White Privlidge

Yeah, certainly.  The difference in scale though between a podunk sheriff letting his pal Cletus drive home drunk while a minority family of 4 gets pulled over and searched & ignoring active, organized terrorist cells on a federal level.. just mind-boggling.

I would be both surprised and relieved to learn that a connection was even being considered & investigated.

I was inebriated when I threw that out there,  I doubt its connected but they don't have any clues so its worth taking a look at it,  I'm sure they at least take a look at it

It's so easy for the batshit to go to Batshit Online, share their moonbat theories & decide to attack the non-moonbats to teach them all a lesson.. You can't rule out coordinated attacks. Hell, they're inevitable. If not these 2 (?) dickless wonders it'll be some other group. They can't catch 'em all & apparently can't make a conviction stick unless they catch them in the act (or speaking Farsi).

FWIW, this Pennsyltucky dweeb was part of an Airsoft group called Eastern Wolves. The rest might just be harmless nerds but these reeanctment/paintball/Airsoft groups are also popular with the militia types. It's at least technically illegal to conduct private paramilitary training in this country so it provides a nice loophole. Or a weekend of shooting your friends in the ass - I don't mean to suggest that all of them are dangerous. As a nerd, history buff, gamer, and fan of the outdoors the only reason I'm not into it myself is because of some of the types of people I've run into when I've checked it out. It'd be real interesting to know what content these Serbian deathsquad aficionados may have deleted in the last few days or read their chatlogs. His friends have made comments that at least indicate prior knowledge of the guy's views. Group photos of their meets are like 200 white dudes and speaking as a very white dude those demographics would make me nervous at my own family reunion.

#dirtybomb #jihad OHAI NSA sorry just trying to get your attention, all good patriotic Americans here but if you're not too busy looking at nude selfies there are groups advocating for armed insurrection on fucking Facebook. Yeah you've probably heard of it. Just a concerned citizen, don't drone strike me bro! LOLJK PLZ THX. You let those Bundy Ranch possumfuckers set up ROADBLOCKS on public fucking roads. In the middle of nowhere. If you were looking to drone strike someone... I'm JS bros.

As has been stated before, groups like the KKK and numerous other groups are treated by government entities the same as terrorists groups. Don't remember the exact label but we as military law enforcement were given an extensive list of groups part of a watch list along with their identifiers. Even a couple of Christian groups were on there alongside Nation of Islam. Terrorists as a definition has not been defined on the world stage. As such, we as Americans throw the term around fairly loosely. My last job in the military was bringing former veterans back in the service and oddly enough also tasked with was discharging those under other conditions.

Story time. We'd get all kinds of people through our doors. One day we had a guy transferring out of the military. Seemed to be an ok guy and appeared to be very respectful. Fooled me until I opened up his file and started looking at his tattoos. Fucking racist KKK Nazi skinhead. Ok, my next step was to bring in my boss who just happened to be an African-American. Oops. I forgot to tell him what this guy was in for. Imagine his surprise when he walks up to this pos smiling and attempted to shake his hand welcoming him there. Oh boy. Damn near set of WW3. One looks from boss told me he was not amused. He told me to handle it in a not so pleasant manner. When receiving racists like this we typically isolated them in their own room with a floor monitor governing their every action. A day or so later we received what I'll refer to as, the first guys counterpart. I started having issues processing this one in. So, I called boss again. Except this time I gave him the 411 on this guy. Dude nearly created WW4 once boss arrived. Calling him an uncle Tom, etc.... Once this nutjob was processed, boss looks over at me and smiles. One sentence came out of his mouth. You know what to do. I housed this guy in the same room as the previous ass wipe. I did ask for an increase in monitors but assured them that LE was only a minute or two away should something happen. However, sometimes phones and radios don't always work the way they should. Fun times. After a few days of constant war, the two guys were transferred to a more secure guarded facility. Boss never let me forget the initial issue but he never held it against me and always laughed when referring to the problem.

"Treated the same as a terrorist organization" sounds great, but are they really? Are their assets frozen? Passports revoked, no-fly list? Is it illegal to even be a member? No, I don't recall al Qaeda running for our elections or holding rallies at our county courthouses. Yes the word "terrorism" has lost much meaning but there is an official Federal list of designated terrorist organizations. Being named on that list carries very real, harsh punishment. You & I saying "well we know they're really terrorists" does not.

My understanding is that there is not a single domestic terror group on that list. In fact, from what I've read, DHS doesn't have a domestic terror directive or task force.* Of course a lot of that would be covert but with the way these groups operate in the open whatever we're doing is failing as a deterrent. IDK if it's from fear of another Waco or Ruby Ridge being a rallying call for the whole pack of crazies but we're going to have to confront this shit as a society. The only choice is whether it's on our terms or theirs.

* edited to add that AG Holder just formed a DTTF in June. Of this year. Better late than never, I suppose. Still say get back to me when we're ready to make the Klan illegal. If that's not a domestic terrorist group, what is?

http://jurist.org/paperchase/2014/06/holder-revives-domestic-terrorism-task-force.php

On that note, cops have found IEDs, er I mean "pipe bombs" *cough*WhiteGuy* in their search area. Not sure if discarded or disarmed. They look crude but CNN mentioned tripwires, so not powder fuses like a firecracker. Where'd he learn that?

I'm having a hard time believing this kid is doing this all of his own volition. Not to excuse him at all but I am thinking accomplices.

• 3 weeks later...

This was terrorism:

New York City police officials are describing Thursday's attack on four NYPD officers by a hatchet-wielding man as an act of terror. Police Commissioner Bill Bratton and Deputy Commission John Miller made the assessment in response to questions at a Friday news conference. Police also said that the attacker, 32-year-old Zale Herbert Thompson of Queens, was "self-radicalized."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/24/us/new-york-police-attacked/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

But shooting and actually killing cops apparently is not.

Let's see; what's different about these two cases?

:45:

Actually, you do know they didn't charge Nidal Hassan in terrorism at the massive Ft Hood terror shooting (it clearly was) and the latest OK muslim beheader (also terrorism) was not charged with terrorism either. Both were Islamic fanatics.

So the public can think one thing or another regarding what is terrorism but the government will classify as it sees fit, even if they are seemingly impossibly wrong- but you saying it would be considered terrorism if the dude was named Akbar or whatever but itsnt because he is white, and Jaime claiming its White Privilege clearly shows you are both biased and dont pay attention to actual events that happen within the country that dont fit your narrative of passionately hating white people.

I've read a few sources claiming that the whole thing was personal and Frein was after the cop he shot in particular over a family/marital dispute.  Could be bullshit but it's interesting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2769945/EXCLUSIVE-Did-survivalist-cop-killer-deliberately-target-one-troopers-shot-Police-reveal-quizzed-suspect-s-sister-law-love-triangle-surviving-officer.html

Dailymail is generally crap but it's worth a read if you're not too busy "passionately hating white people" :29:

Actually, you do know they didn't charge Nidal Hassan in terrorism at the massive Ft Hood terror shooting (it clearly was) and the latest OK muslim beheader (also terrorism) was not charged with terrorism either. Both were Islamic fanatics.

So the public can think one thing or another regarding what is terrorism but the government will classify as it sees fit, even if they are seemingly impossibly wrong- but you saying it would be considered terrorism if the dude was named Akbar or whatever but itsnt because he is white, and Jaime claiming its White Privilege clearly shows you are both biased and dont pay attention to actual events that happen within the country that dont fit your narrative of passionately hating white people.

really so the conservitive leaning world wasnt calling those terrorism? they werent screaming for terrorism charges? that didnt happen?

and the ARE now calling this terrorism?

huh....my mistake

lol

Archived