The Jungle

By the way, the folks at PBS actually played that Richard Cheese song one time - ONCE - following a victory against the Jets.  I remember it clearly as strutting away from the stadium on the plaza level enroute to Lot D.

They should play it after EVERY home win, IMO.   :)

You're serious ?  You'd think I'd remember something weird like that.

You're serious ?  You'd think I'd remember something weird like that.

Absolutely. I was stunned because I *immediately* recognized the opening piano riff and I stopped anyone who would listen to me to listen to the song.  I can still recall exactly where I was standing - just outside of Gate E, still on the plaza level, next to the escalator "gap".  When I recognized the song, I whirled to peer at the north scoreboard to see if there was any video accompanying the music... there was not.  But I could probably fix to within 10 or 15 feet the exact spot I was standing on when it happened, the memory is that vivid.

We won that game... it might've been 11/11/2011 against the Giants (not the Jets).  If it was the Jets, it would've been 10/21/2007, but I'm pretty certain it was more recent than that.  The memory of the date and specific opponent, unfortunately, isn't nearly as strong as the memory THAT the Bengals entertainment bubbas did indeed play Richard Cheese.

And as stated above, I would *LOVE* it if playing that after victories became a tradition.  :)

Absolutely. I was stunned because I *immediately* recognized the opening piano riff and I stopped anyone who would listen to me to listen to the song.  I can still recall exactly where I was standing - just outside of Gate E, still on the plaza level, next to the escalator "gap".  When I recognized the song, I whirled to peer at the north scoreboard to see if there was any video accompanying the music... there was not.  But I could probably fix to within 10 or 15 feet the exact spot I was standing on when it happened, the memory is that vivid.

We won that game... it might've been 11/11/2011 against the Giants (not the Jets).  If it was the Jets, it would've been 10/21/2007, but I'm pretty certain it was more recent than that.  The memory of the date and specific opponent, unfortunately, isn't nearly as strong as the memory THAT the Bengals entertainment bubbas did indeed play Richard Cheese.

And as stated above, I would *LOVE* it if playing that after victories became a tradition.  :)

Thanks. That was so odd, I had to ask. I really don't think there's any tradition that the team has after a win. I do realize some people gather directly afterwards to celebrate or commiserate. Other than that, nothing. I would like to see a team organized tradition.

Archived