3-0 and it feels good

Let's hope we don't tinker too much during the bye.

Need to get guys healthy.

Need to work out how to get the D to pick up some of the slack when Vontaze isn't on the field.

Have to stick to the run a little earlier when we have the lead. We're still a tiny bit pass happy, especially with Gio and Hill working so well.

But we're playing brilliantly. Let's not overthink it and change things that are working. The way we are going only we can beat ourselves.

I'm upset that Andy has an INT under his stats now due to Gio's butterfingers, but a win is a win. Very chill atmosphere at PBS today. There were empty seats everywhere. WE were sitting a few rows down on the open east side. Good seats. But we were kinda chillin and spread out and relaxed. People around us were gettin into it high fiving. Fun game. This team is ferocious. We're going to be so dirty when we get our guys back

Going into the bye:

Bengals are 3-0.  There are no other undefeated teams in the AFC.

Bengals have scored 80 points (26-2/3 points per game average), 2nd in the conference to only the Colts (95 points, 31-2/3 ppg).

Bengals have allowed 33 points (11 ppg), best in the conference.  Two AFC team (PIT and NYJ) have only played 2 games, but they have both allowed more points in those two games than the Bengals have in 3.

Wow.

Although I am tempering my expectations with 5 of the last 7 games on the road, I must admit that they are playing well in all 3 phases of football.  It is unusual for a Bengals fan to see consistent mistake free football like we are seeing this year.  The defense is starting to look a lot like the Seahawks and the offensive gameplans have been truly put together well so far.  I see better than I hear...and I like what I see.

I especially feel like Hue Jackson has really tapped into some of the talent we have with using Sanu more and just plain smashin' the football down opponents throats...because we can.  Sanu has always been consistent so why wouldn't you want to get him more involved?  It is scary how good they still are when missing some of the talent due to injuries.  The Bengals have arrived...let the media and haters hate.  

I'm getting the same feeling as 1981.   I remember Playboy picked us to go the the Super Bowl, I remember the exact quote, "Cincinnati is a team that has been on the verge of greatness for a few years".   Yes, I did actually read the articles.....too.

I like this start, beating two good teams that would be undefeated themselves if not for the Bengals.  Doing it also without all of our weapons is even sweeter.  

Jones...out entirely.

Burfict missing equivalent of 2 games

Green missing a game.

Eifert missing 2 3/4 games.

Thompson out a 1 1/2 games.

Atkins and Hall not finished rehabbing and expected to get better as the season progresses.

The first 3 all expected back full force in 2 wks and Last 2 that much more rehabbed.  Eifert and Thompson back for midseason.

What's not to like about our long term?

NE in their house will help separate contender vs pretended.    We've been this excited before only to see either injury or just plain screwing the pooch for no good reason.   NOW is the time to take that next step.

Archived