Bye Week Hypothetical: Replacing the Coordinators

Mike Brown will be 80 this August so he will decide (or maybe already has) to officially retire to spend more time with the grand kids (and probably be given the title of Life President)

Marvin will 'move upstairs' to become GM

Hue will become Head Coach and The Dynasty begins.

Write it down.

As has been said, it's a bit too early for PG to be going anywhere just yet so you would just need a new OC.

I'm guessing the Bengals would go down the road of Zampese or Urban which would be pretty much in line with how they've been doing things the last few years.*

*None of this may actually happen.

My guess is Marvin's title will be "Director of Football Operations" or some such.

I probably should have said Marvin to move upstairs 'in some capacity'.

I just have a feeling that Hue is going to be the next HC and that it may have been in the pipe line for some time.

I agree.  Hue's year of coaching on defense is also good evidence for that

I do find it annoying that when we get a good coordinator the talking heads just can't stop talking about how they should move on, like it is our duty to lose good coaches.

Weston, I am sorry you thought that personal, didn't mean it that way. I find you to be a rather negative/pessimistic poster over the years - and this seemed like another example of that - seeing a downside in the longterm to the bengals playing well.  I think this board too often in the past has wallowed in the negative - and react strongly to that. If you felt personally singled out, I apologize. 

Weston, I am sorry you thought that personal, didn't mean it that way. I find you to be a rather negative/pessimistic poster over the years - and this seemed like another example of that - seeing a downside in the longterm to the bengals playing well.  I think this board too often in the past has wallowed in the negative - and react strongly to that. If you felt personally singled out, I apologize. 

Its not negative. It just is. The opposite side could just as easily be looked at as Pollyanna.

I agree.  Hue's year of coaching on defense is also good evidence for that

I do find it annoying that when we get a good coordinator the talking heads just can't stop talking about how they should move on, like it is our duty to lose good coaches.

That happens everywhere. I don't think many people talked about Brat for head coach options though LOL. OR Bresnahan.

+1

FWIW I think the board as a whole and Weston in specific has been much less negative and combative and the board generally has a much improved atmosphere of late.  This has a draw back of less pages in some threads as much of the mud slinging and flame wars are now gone.  The plus side to this is that I have been seeing many posters coming out of the woodwork and feeling more free to participate in the conversation because there is less fear of being flamed.

In all I think things have made a turnaround for the better, and I really appreciate you and everyone else's efforts in this.

+1

FWIW I think the board as a whole and Weston in specific has been much less negative and combative and the board generally has a much improved atmosphere of late.  This has a draw back of less pages in some threads as much of the mud slinging and flame wars are now gone.  The plus side to this is that I have been seeing many posters coming out of the woodwork and feeling more free to participate in the conversation because there is less fear of being flamed.

In all I think things have made a turnaround for the better, and I really appreciate you and everyone else's efforts in this.

As I once told you, when there is stuff to criticize people do, right now there is very little to be critical about (the only minor issue I can think of is YPG in running game) so we can praise them, they are easily one of the top 3 teams in my mind.

As I once told you, when there is stuff to criticize people do, right now there is very little to be critical about (the only minor issue I can think of is YPG in running game) so we can praise them, they are easily one of the top 3 teams in my mind.

I also think there has been a total shift in people being patient with other people's opinions. We had a ton of black and white thinking before and now it seems that someone says something and people are genuinely willing to explore the gray or let people parse out their ideas or thoughts. You don't have to agree with everyone, that would be boring. You should show everyone respect.

I remember when people said I was trolling for saying we should look into Kirk Cousins. It was absurd. Here is an idea, what do you think of it was met with, you step out of this tiny box of thinking you get shunned. No more. And I think it's way better. More voices, means more people with different ways of looking at things are chiming in which, means things are seen from all different directions. It's a good thing for certain.  

Mike Brown will be 80 this August so he will decide (or maybe already has) to officially retire to spend more time with the grand kids (and probably be given the title of Life President)
Marvin will 'move upstairs' to become GM
Hue will become Head Coach and The Dynasty begins.

Write it down.

That's the way I'd love to see it, what are the chances?

His 5 turnovers in tonights game were certainly impressive.

I know, he was awful last night. But acting like it wasn't worth the discussion and was trolling was the issue. 

And he had a passer rating over 100 the last two games. You can't cherry pick this one game and suddenly call him horrible. 

And he had a passer rating over 100 the last two games. You can't cherry pick this one game and suddenly call him horrible. 

I don't call him anything, mostly because I've never wanted him on my team.

As for his inconsistent passer rating, throwing for over 400 yards one week and then tossing 4 interceptions the next makes me want to point fingers at Cousin's offensive coordinator.

And speaking of Jay Gruden, Washington fans are already grumbling about how he's wasting the talents of Alfred Morris.

I know, he was awful last night. But acting like it wasn't worth the discussion and was trolling was the issue. 

Loving how MW is creating threads entitled "Replacing the Coordinators" during one of our most promising seasons ever, and then, within the very same thread, accuses others of trolling. Priceless.

But hey, let's file it all under "hypothetical" or "just for discussion" and then we can get away with asinine shit and wasted threat space like talking about whether these 4 or 5 guys who can't even find a roster spot should replace Andy Dalton or who our next coordinators should be.  Cherry picking? LMAO.

Alternatively, heads could be extricated from asses and Bengals fans could enjoy Bengals successes -- while true trolls would be kicked to the curb. Alas, that's never going to happen here, is it...?

Archived