2014/2015 Prospect Watch

Jason

Brandon Scherf (Sp?) from Iowa would be ideal. I know he is rated pretty highly but seems like the type of guy that isn't an athletic freak that sometimes falls a little bit on draft day. Might be available in the late first. Typical well coached, tough Iowa OL. Little bit better athlete than most of the recent ones though. Going to be a 10 year starter for somebody.

Corey Robinson is a huge guy for South Carolina. Seems to fit what we look for sometimes because he's just a massive, powerful guy. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I don't think Taylor Decker from Ohio St. is going to leave early, but I like him a lot. Tall, athletic guy with good toughness. I think he probably goes back to school and ends up a top 20 pick in 2016.

I've been checking out some 2015 Mocks here lately.  I didn't write down which website the picks came from but

I did write down the schools they attend.  These guys were mocked to go to us in the 1st round.

La'el Collins OT (LSU)  He was chosen to go to us by 3 different mocks.

Hroniss Grasu C (Oregon)  Why someone had us picking a Center in the 1st round is beyond me!

Sammie Coates WR (Auburn)

Cameron Erving OT (FSU)  He was also chosen to go to us by 3 different mocks.

Benardrick McKinney ILB (Mississippi St.)

Ty Montgomery WR (Stanford)

Mario Edwards DT (FSU)

Ty Sambrailo OT (Colorado State)

Derron Smith S (Fresno State)  This one was another head scratcher to me.  Don't see us taking a safety in the 1st round.

That was just some of the mocks I looked at after Sunday's game.  I'll have to check out some more.

I think we should be looking at the Linebacker position more than anything.  Then OT and DT.

Of course BPA is the way to go though.  We definitely needs LB's though, MLB and SLB.

Archived