Gio iced again as Hill looms on deck; Green works again

Gio could be out for a while, 3-4 weeks. Heard he has a really serious sternum bruise and a nasty bruise with his hip...basically dude is beat the fuck up and needs to rest. Thanks Hue!!! :33:

Sternum bruise = Cracked clavicle by any chance... :ninja:  

Now, what if he was out for the year?  That would suck bigtime.  That's what happens when you use a 5'8" guy as the bellcow.   

:lol:

Already posted this in another thread but

youngfrank72.jpeg

Bengals actually have really good doctors, ATs, etc..  Their medical staff isn't the problem IMO.  What Marvin does with their information as far as making it public is another story.  You hear Marvin say that a guy has a foot sprain/injury, it's reported by Coley Harvey, tweeted by @douchebag, retweeted by others, seen on the forums at Go-Bengals.com.  Weeks go by, he's supposed to start practicing but doesn't and you wonder what's up....what's wrong with the medical/training staff....why can't they get him right?  All the while, dude has had a broken foot the whole time.  NFL coaches play these games all the time.  Lying is part of their job.  

Bengals actually have really good doctors, ATs, etc..  Their medical staff isn't the problem IMO.  What Marvin does with their information as far as making it public is another story.  You hear Marvin say that a guy has a foot sprain/injury, it's reported by Coley Harvey, tweeted by @douchebag, retweeted by others, seen on the forums at Go-Bengals.com.  Weeks go by, he's supposed to start practicing but doesn't and you wonder what's up....what's wrong with the medical/training staff....why can't they get him right?  All the while, dude has had a broken foot the whole time.  NFL coaches play these games all the time.  Lying is part of their job.  

Good point & explains how you come out of a bye week seemingly worse off than before.

How bad would Gruden fry if this was his doing?

Hue deserves all the criticism we can dish out.

It is unbelievable to think you can run a little 5'8" RB up the middle time, after time, after time again into 300+lb bodies and not get him hurt.

Hill is your bruiser, run him up the middle. Gio is best in space, so get him the ball with space to move.. IDK if Hill is just plain stupid or what, but if you can't trust him to even run up the middle then why did you take him in the 2nd round?

I know I am speaking a little prematurely here (with Hill not starting a game yet or getting virtually any carries/catches so far) but it is very aggravating that this coaching staff always keeps dynamic players on the bench and playing less effective players instead. I know Gio is a pretty damn effective RB, but he shouldn't have been taking virtually every single carry- Hill should have been taking his fair share too. Especially with all the WRs hurt and Hue basically lying about this being a power running offense then trotting out a tiny RB on every play (including short yardage and goal line rushes)

I hope Hill crushes it just so this staff can't keep him on the bench anymore.

I am agreeing with you with this along with what others have said. This same situation happened with Jerome Simpson. I don't understand what seems to be a reluctance on the part of the coaching staff to play a rookie at a skill position, although in Simpson's case he may have just been that stupid. They've drafted TWO running backs with two consecutive second round picks. Great. You look at them and they are built differently, yes? Gio is a small guy that excels in space and Hill is more of a bruiser. That's pretty much a given. Both can catch the ball out of the backfield.

I get that there's some kind of a "rookie wall" that players hit in their first year transitioning from college to the NFL, but when you have a guy that's not showing that inclination, then you ride that horse. Hill has been severely underused in this offense to date.

Why in the world, especially at the RB position, and ESPECIALLY when you expend TWO second round picks at the position in back to back years, would you hesitate to use your weapons? Hill proved he was a stud in the preseason, has proved he's a stud pretty much whenever he gets the ball...why not feed that? 

He's going to get his touches now by default due to Gio being hurt but it never should have come to that. 

Hue deserves all the criticism we can dish out.

It is unbelievable to think you can run a little 5'8" RB up the middle time, after time, after time again into 300+lb bodies and not get him hurt.

Hill is your bruiser, run him up the middle. Gio is best in space, so get him the ball with space to move.. IDK if Hill is just plain stupid or what, but if you can't trust him to even run up the middle then why did you take him in the 2nd round?

I agree that they shouldn't be running Gio up the middle so much, but none of his injuries have come from running up the middle.  

His clavicle and rib/shoulder injuries came on pass plays.  The hip injury came on an off-tackle run. He runs into bigger bodies in the middle, but he actually doesn't take as big of hits in the middle as defenders don't have much of a running start at him.

The way Hue is playing Gio, the poor SOB is going to be done in 2 years at best. He was getting killed time and time again against Indy and yet Hue kept going to Gio over and over and over again.

I'm just a poor uneducated Englishman (in the ways of the NFL at least) but what in the name of Sweet Baby Jesus was Hue trying to do there? To me it was just mind boggling.

At least Jeremy Hill will finally get to show what he can do but it shouldn't have taken Gio getting banged up for it to happen.

I just don't get it. Please help me out here.

Will Burkhead get a chance against JAX do you think? Or will it be all Hill and Peerman? (not saying that would necessarily be a bad thing).

The way Hue is playing Gio, the poor SOB is going to be done in 2 years at best. He was getting killed time and time again against Indy and yet Hue kept going to Gio over and over and over again.

I'm just a poor uneducated Englishman (in the ways of the NFL at least) but what in the name of Sweet Baby Jesus was Hue trying to do there? To me it was just mind boggling.

At least Jeremy Hill will finally get to show what he can do but it shouldn't have taken Gio getting banged up for it to happen.

I just don't get it. Please help me out here.

Will Burkhead get a chance against JAX do you think? Or will it be all Hill and Peerman? (not saying that would necessarily be a bad thing).

I fully expect to see Peerman and Burkhead because Hill seems to get tired easily.  He's always raising his hand to come out after he's run a few plays.

Hue's reliance on Gio can be mostly attributed to injuries. Hue/AD trust Gio, Mo, and occasionally Gresham. Hill is going to do well with the reps in Gio's stead. Perhaps, as others have mentioned, this will lead to a shift in the rest of the season percentages towards greater equality.

To dream:
M, Jones Sanu. Eifert. Green.
Gio/Hill

Archived