Devon Still Behind on Child Support?

When Gloria Allred starts talking, my BS meter blows up.  Every time.
 If you were to talk to my ex-wife, I'm sure she could tell you one helluva tale.

Again, I'll bet dollars to donuts that there is no court order for support.  All the signs point to that...  There's no figure referenced in the story or the baby mama's statement.  The first step was to write a letter to the league.  That's blackmail-ish.  If she had an issue with court ordered support, the authorities could handle that shit with the quickness.  

My wild guess is that Devon Still has been stroking her a check periodically for what he feels is an adequate amount.  Now, mama wants more.  If that's not the case, he's not only a dead beat dad, he's a complete idiot AAAANNNNDDDD he's represented by complete idiots.  I think the former is much more likely.

I am willing to bet Allred didn't release the amount to the media because it was so inflated after only being behind 4 months that public opinion would turn against them and wonder why she was "on the brink of homelessness" after only 4 months

[quote name="Big Alice" post="1402412" timestamp="1417013565"]

I've got a pretty good feeling there is no court order in place for support. If there was, there'd be a dollar amount attached to this story. Assuming that's the case, Devon Still hasn't "refused to pay child support".

I'll be interested to see what the real deal is. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.[/quote

]

Bingo. I don't believe this any how any way.

My guess? He was making a lot more money before he got cut by the Bengals. After he got cut, and re-signed, his salary was much lower. He may be in the courts trying to get his monthly child support costs reduced.

Just a wild guess though, I didn't look up any of his contract figures.

My guess? He was making a lot more money before he got cut by the Bengals. After he got cut, and re-signed, his salary was much lower. He may be in the courts trying to get his monthly child support costs reduced.

Just a wild guess though, I didn't look up any of his contract figures.

Very plausable. I'd also be curious as to when the settlement was decided, was it before or after he got cut? Was there a reduction after he was? Lots we just dont know.

Here's the deal... You only get his ex's side of,the story... There could be a plethora of reasons he is not paying.... She could be a horrible mother who wastes all the money he sends... It could be anything. My experience with this kind of thing is the truth lies somewhere in the middle...

If I had to guess, look at the timing of when he "stopped" paying. About the same time all this went national... Methinks someone wants more money and Devon said no.... And now she is going to smear him and embellish her side of the story.

I am positive he has court ordered child support and at his salary is quite substantial.... He has had an NFL salary plus his original signing bonus for three seasons and Leah is four. The fact that Leah's mom is on the "brink of homelessness" because he hasn't paid for four months tells me she probably hasn't worked the entire time she has been collecting child support and has blown through a lot of money......

But again that is all assumptions... No one knows the entire story and I am sure it lies somewhere in the middle.

I am willing to bet if she doesn't work and with what he makes that he is paying between 5000 to 10000 dollars a month because of the difference in their salaries.... Probably more.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Archived