Will these next two games change anything for you re: Marvin, Dalton?

For discussion, just wondering if these next two games could change your opinion on these two either way?

For instance, if you are pretty down on Dalton and/or Marvin and the Bengals win these next two primetime games, does that sway your opinion and you think maybe the team/coach/player has finally gotten the monkey of his/their back?

Or, if you are currently a fan who believes Marvin and Andy are just fine- but these next two games are primetime bloodbaths where the team seems ill prepared or Dalton has terrible games- would that sway your beliefs and put you more in the camp of wanting new blood?

For me- I think these both being huge games, playoff implications and both primetime- its is sort of now or never, of sorts. If they win and Andy plays well- I honestly think it is all the team needs this year or next. I think its a huge mental block and if they can pass it now- its gone "forever"ish. If they cant- I just dont see them being able to do it, basically ever (with the current history to date being factored in as well). These two games are huge games for both Marvin and Andy. I wish them the best and hope this is finally it, hope they keep the momentum from last week and exorcise dem demons!

Nothing will change anyones' minds permanently. That fickleness actually changes game to game. This season has been a microcosm of the "I love you/I hate you" syndrome.

As long as I have been a fan, that has been the only constant. "New blood" has only been changing the names in the songbook.

They're primetime games so I am sure we will lose them both.... Primetime with Marvin and Dalton = losses. So no, I haven't changed my mind about them. Win a couple primetime games and I will...

Then you have the 49ers fucking us again because they couldn't close out against KC (which would have got us int he playoffs regardless if we lost the last two).

But

I would be pleasantly surprised if they won both, or even one actually.  Deep down i'm just hoping not to get embarrassed honestly.

For the past couple years I've been of the mindset that we've gone as far as we can go with Marvin. We aren't going to win a super bowl with him is what I've resigned myself to.

Regardless of what happens, nothing will change.  Marvin and Andy will both be back next year.

Next offseason is the one that could bring changes if Marvin isn't extended and the new coach releases or trades Andy.

One more thing, I need to see SOMETHING from Sanu. AJ is gonna get locked up, but we need to get him a legitimate stud to take some pressure off of him.

If someone doesn't really step up down the stretch here, that's one of my first moves in the off-season. Or at least the draft. I wanna reach out to Randall Cobb though. At least see what he's looking for because the Packers seem like they're gonna just let him walk. He's the type of weapon we can get in on a 3 yr prove it type deal,and put us over the top. Officially open our window.

POW.

This is where the money is made. If the Marv/Andy combo can't get it done then change is needed. At a minimum, this team has to make the playoffs, win at least one game and make the next one entertaining. That's the minimum.
My expectation is to make the AFC Championship game but I'm not feeling it like i did at the beginning of the year.
Wining the division would be nice but not necessary.

I fully expect us to win the next 2 games and make a run in the playoffs. And even if we win the Super Bowl, I STILL want Marvin gone.

Half of this... even if we win the Super Bowl I want Marvin gone.

When players interrupt him during his press conference to confront a commentator, that speaks

volumes (in addition to everything else) about how they feel about him and the respect he

commands from the team.

As for the season, I think Carolina was his last coffin nail.

Should not have gone to overtime, Nugent's kick should not

have mattered.  We should have won handily in regulation.

Andy... is Andy.

Half of this... even if we win the Super Bowl I want Marvin gone.

When players interrupt him during his press conference to confront a commentator, that speaks

volumes (in addition to everything else) about how they feel about him and the respect he

commands from the team.

Ridiculous.

IMHO that incident had absolutely nothing to do with Marvin Lewis and everything to do with Jermaine Gresham.

Further, if there was any lack of respect being demonstrated is was directed at Dave Lapham.

If we win both by Andy bombing it out then I will gain respect for him. However, I don't think his numbers are going to be great because we will run a lot. So even if he plays well he won't have great numbers. Thus the is Andy a good QB talk will resume.

If we lose and Andy plays bad and it is just a direct result of his play I will have to admit I would be ready to look at other options. Not saying that I would trade him or get rid of him but that I would make it known that the QB position is up for competition.

I am a Andy supporter and expect him to play well. We will see.

As for ML if the whole team just comes out flat then I would be fine with moving on but I want to keep him here in some capacity.

Whitworth feels like if they are ever going to get over the big game jitters, tonight is it:

"This is everything wrapped into one game, Bengals' lineman Andrew Whitworth told Cincinnati.com. Make the playoffs, beat a (good) team in prime time. It doesn't define you, but this is the kind of game if we're ever going to take the next step, we have to win.

Ridiculous.

IMHO that incident had absolutely nothing to do with Marvin Lewis and everything to do with Jermaine Gresham.

Further, if there was any lack of respect being demonstrated is was directed at Dave Lapham.

Agreed. Except Gresh is the biggest douch of all, for venting in front of the cameras. Bad image.

I've long supported Marvin the GM but lost confidence in Marv the HC years ago. As many have stated, there are just too many cases of the team being unprepared and incomprehensible lack of in game adjustment.

Andy is the best option for now and the foreseeable future. So other than a QBR below 50 outing I’m satisfied that Hue’s game plan will minimize the reliance on Andy.

Forgot who said it and paraphrasing a bit, but Marvin and Andy are good enough to get you there but can’t finish the deal. Not without the defense I thought they were going to have. Don’t bring up injuries, I’m well aware the impact that has had. For that matter on OFF too. The injury bug finally caught up with the Bengals.  Therefore two wins against winning teams to finish the season would be impressive.

Not next 2, but next 3 and beyond.

Don't really care anymore about next two outside the normal hope to qualify for playoffs. The issue is can these two not stand in the way of a championship.

Back to Back division championships would be nice but if you lost a home again in the playoffs then it doesn't mean shit.

Won't really care about losing both and backing in if they make a run in the post season too.

Gresh is a whack job but a player simply does not DO that to a coach.

I wasn't aware whack jobs were so well known for showing restraint.

Look, this isn't complicated. 

Gresham emotionally shit on himself again. That's what he does. He lets his emotions get the better of him.

If you want to blame Marvin for Gresham's actions then point to the way Gresham underperforms as a football player instead of how he acts after being criticized by a member of the media.

Slightly off topic, but when will be be getting the new lets trade for Jay Cutler thread?

Feels like I waited months and months for the old one to arrive and then it was gone and forgotten faster than a popcorn fart.

Was it all a dream?

The even bigger question is will Jimmy Clausen now be added to "The List"?

Archived