I Honestly Don't Care Now...

...who we play in the playoffs.

Whether we beat the Stealers and have the 3 ( I don't think that Denver loses to Oakland, but, hey, the 2 would be good too...), or lose and are the 5 heading to Indy, I now believe this team can handle whichever game they draw.  I am fully committed to the identity they are forging, I think Hill is THAT good, and now that they have figured it out and how to use him and Gio, everything falls into place a little bit. With the defense coming together, the fact that Vinny Rey has stepped up (and how good was Flowers last night? wow), that they are working in Dre, that Atkins looks healthier now, that the coaches seem to have figured out which buttons to push, well, for the first time in a long time, I am feeling confident about what this team can do.

For this year...

and going foward.

I think they have the formula now.

Good times.

By the way, this is the seldom seen confident version of me as a fan. 

We got this.

I even have new-found confidence in Marvin. 

Strange days.

...who we play in the playoffs.

Whether we beat the Stealers and have the 3 ( I don't think that Denver loses to Oakland, but, hey, the 2 would be good too...), or lose and are the 5 heading to Indy, I now believe this team can handle whichever game they draw.  I am fully committed to the identity they are forging, I think Hill is THAT good, and now that they have figured it out and how to use him and Gio, everything falls into place a little bit. With the defense coming together, the fact that Vinny Rey has stepped up (and how good was Flowers last night? wow), that they are working in Dre, that Atkins looks healthier now, that the coaches seem to have figured out which buttons to push, well, for the first time in a long time, I am feeling confident about what this team can do.

For this year...

and going foward.

I think they have the formula now.

Good times.

By the way, this is the seldom seen confident version of me as a fan. 

We got this.

I even have new-found confidence in Marvin. 

Strange days.

This team will find someway to deflate that confidence next week. Don't you worry. 

Yea I'm torn too....it's tough to give up home field in rd1, but I really don't want to play chargers or ravens(not because the rat birds are good, but because teams don't win 3 games against the same team in one year very often). Despite getting smashed, I think Indy would be easier to play, but again it would be on the road....either way I'm confident...just no injuries next week against the scumbags from Pitt

For the record mods, if you all wonder why so much anger on the board, this might be why. Too much, over the years, of this.

In any event, thanks all.

For the record, I am really happy with them. And whether they win or lose next week, I think they have a real chance in the playoffs. And whether they breakthrough or not this year, I have far more confidence in them going forward into next year now.

Peace everyone.

And for the record, even though the whiny sad sack shit gets on my nerves as well, I didn't sign up to be the thought police so y'all are just going to have to find a way to deal with that in a mature manner.

And for the record, even though the whiny sad sack shit gets on my nerves as well, I didn't sign up to be the thought police so y'all are just going to have to find a way to deal with that in a mature manner.

Are you suggesting that they should take a leak and sword fight with their pee streams? That's pretty mature....

For the record mods, if you all wonder why so much anger on the board, this might be why. Too much, over the years, of this.

The reason there is so much anger, bitterness, frustration, and skepticism is because of issues issues with the team.  No one should be surprised that people vent on the forums.

Poking at other people who feel that way, dumping on the board, and dumping on the mods who are trying to make things better, are not ways to improve things.

You seem to have it out for me, maybe you should take it to PM? 

I in no way did any of that on this thread. If you want me gone, then fuckin' ban me, I guess.

I wrote a thread from the heart, and then mentioned that the immediate reply it got was one of the reasons joy is hard to find in these parts. 

If that is something that deserves your mod sanction, wow.

Well done.

Thanks for helping to derail the thread.

Can you please close this, then?

No need to take it to a PM - It wasn't specific to you.  It happens way too frequently with many posters.

Gotta say, I completely agree with Mem on this. He sure gets lectured a lot for making simple statements after obvious idiotic trolling statements by a non Bengal fan who obviously roots against our team for personal gain. We should be celebrating a great win last night yet jerks are allowed to troll endlessly and are enabled to do so. Stop with the bias. It makes you look small.

Gotta say, I completely agree with Mem on this. He sure gets lectured a lot for making simple statements after obvious idiotic trolling statements by a non Bengal fan who obviously roots against our team for personal gain. We should be celebrating a great win last night yet jerks are allowed to troll endlessly and are enabled to do so. Stop with the bias. It makes you look small.

We should be celebrating.

That said - there are a ton of people that get 'lectured' on this board - you just don't see it.

My statement stands - it goes out to many posters.

I am not going to go all back through the thread and comment on every post especially the ones I have on ignore, but I am not whining, it's the truth. One of the best things about this place is having a great, hilarious group of people who understand what it's like to be a Bengal fan to laugh with about the fiascos they put us through and how often they look good and then somehow fall flat on their faces the next week. Ignoring that reality doesn't make it disappear, 

This team will find someway to deflate that confidence next week. Don't you worry. 

I really wish you would at least try to use a little tact.  You don't have to barf out whatever is rolling around in your head at every turn.  Mem put into words what a lot of us were thinking, myself included, after a huge win, both physically and psychologically.  For the first time in years, I actually feel like this team, Marvin in particular, might have finally found the right combination/buttons to push to get this team over the hump.  We know that there's a chance the team might shit the bed on Sunday, but can you at least let folks enjoy a great win for a few days?  What you did was the equivalent of telling a recovering anorexic "Gee, you're putting on a lot of weight!".

Try some empathy, and try not being willfully recalcitrant at every turn... 

I really wish you would at least try to use a little tact.  You don't have to barf out whatever is rolling around in your head at every turn.  Mem put into words what a lot of us were thinking, myself included, after a huge win, both physically and psychologically.  For the first time in years, I actually feel like this team, Marvin in particular, might have finally found the right combination/buttons to push to get this team over the hump.  We know that there's a chance the team might shit the bed on Sunday, but can you at least let folks enjoy a great win for a few days?  What you did was the equivalent of telling a recovering anorexic "Gee, you're putting on a lot of weight!".

Try some empathy, and try not being willfully recalcitrant at every turn... 

Come on. You really believe that? Why? They just melted 2 games ago against the Stealers. I feel like people post this "For the first time in years, I actually feel like this team, Marvin in particular, might have finally found the right combination/buttons to push to get this team over the hump" 3-4 times a season. We just barely beat a Denver team that clearly wasn't right and had to overcome bonehead plays to do so.

I really want to believe that but what really changed? We beat a Denver team that is struggling in a driving rain storm?

Your anorexic comment was funny. I have no sympathy for Membengal. I don't need to try to have empathy for a situation I am also in.

You must be awesome to have around at parties. 

What I find funny is that many on here seem Pollyanna to me. I had a great time last night watching the game with 4 buddies at a bar. None of them pretended that the Bengals were any better than they are and we laughed about the awfulness of Dalton and Marvin and were excited when we won and Hill went off. The community experience is what makes it great. 

What I find funny is that many on here seem Pollyanna to me. I had a great time last night watching the game with 4 buddies at a bar. None of them pretended that the Bengals were any better than they are and we laughed about the awfulness of Dalton and Marvin and were excited when we won and Hill went off. The community experience is what makes it great. 

naw. Last night had that "turning the corner" feel to it. Whether it ends up being the game that defined them turning that corner remains to be seen but man it feels like it.

Come on. You really believe that? Why? They just melted 2 games ago against the Stealers. I feel like people post this "For the first time in years, I actually feel like this team, Marvin in particular, might have finally found the right combination/buttons to push to get this team over the hump" 3-4 times a season. We just barely beat a Denver team that clearly wasn't right and had to overcome bonehead plays to do so.

I really want to believe that but what really changed? We beat a Denver team that is struggling in a driving rain storm?

Your anorexic comment was funny. I have no sympathy for Membengal. I don't need to try to have empathy for a situation I am also in.

Yes I do believe that, because it's a lot more fun than being cynical and defeatist.  Plus, as Jamie mentioned, last night simply had a different feel to it.  And there's a difference between sympathy and empathy.  Please note my word choice.

So just to sum up, your answer to my question is "No" and you are going to continue to be willfully obstinate and contrary just for the sake of doing so?  I just need to make sure we're clear, because due to your lack of empathy you fail to see how your interactions affect the board as a whole, not just Mem... 

naw. Last night had that "turning the corner" feel to it. Whether it ends up being the game that defined them turning that corner remains to be seen but man it feels like it.

Week 3 people were talking about this being the best Bengals team ever. 

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/71298-three-nfl-teams-have-started-3-0-but-whos-the-best/

I love the positivity. Don't confuse my statement for anything more than just a fear of having to say "Here we go again". I know my Bengals. I hope they kill the Steelers as much as anyone. 

Archived