Andy Dalton named to Pro Bowl

Just keep in mind we have moved down from Drew Brees and Peyton Manning comparisons and now are focusing on Eli, lol.

Which by the way Eli Manning is the better QB.  

What year did Peyton Manning win his first playoff game?

Matt Ryan?

Aaron Rodgers?

Tony Romo?

Drew Brees?

I've said it a million times. There's not a physical tool that Drew Brees possesses that Andy Dalton doesn't. Is it possible that Andy Dalton will one day have the same achieve the same "greatness". Yes. Is it likely? Probably not. Drew Brees is a sure fire Hall of Famer. The only other "young" quarterback out there that's "likely" to join that club.

Like or not, Andy Dalton is nearly half way to breaking every career passing record in history Bengals. He's already got the single season passing yardage and touchdown marks.

He's also gotten the Bengals into the postseason four straight times. No other Bengals ever got them there twice in a row. Hell, in 8 seasons as the starter, Boomer Esiason only got them there twice - TOTAL.

I don't need to ask "What more do you want the guy to do?". I know. I agree.

But you've got to recognize that THESE are the days of milk and honey for this franchise. This is the best four year run they've ever been on. Enjoy the ride and hope that it culminates in a Super Bowl title.

What part is untrue. If Dalton gets credit for the Bengals going 4 strait years to the playoffs does Dalton get credit for the Bengals going 1 and 4 in the 5 prime time games this year? His stats were not good in those games too.

The part where you said "he was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE in EVERY primetime game this year"

definition of absolutely: without exception; completely; wholly; entirely

definition of horrible: shockingly dreadful

definition of every: all possible; the greatest possible degree of

His QB ratings for his primetime games this year:

vs Pats 117.4
vs Clev 2.0
vs Den 93.1
vs Pitt 83.7
vs Indy 63.4

He was what you said in your statement once.

definition of once: a single time

They kind of missed the point didnt they?

They are comparing Eli to Andy now.

You and scharm are comparing Andy now to elis career. Yes Eli has had a better career but that's not what we are comparing.

Eli had a slightly better year last year but he also had a QB rating under 70 in 2013. There is definitely an argument to say that Dalton is the better qb right now. Not better full career but better right now.

Hopefully being the last QB selected will light a fire inside of Andy to prove that he's better than his peers and fans think that he is. I truly think in order for Andy to improve he needs to play with an edge and stop being so nice/goofy. He needs to channel his inner asshole and show that he can be the Alpha male.

Skill wise, you can improve, but only to the degree that you are physically capable of doing so.  There is a definitive cap.  Personality wise, well that's just something you are born with.  Unfortunately for Andy Dalton, he doesnt seem to have the ability to channel his inner asshole.  If his physical ability wasnt so limited, he would be able to lead more through his play.  Unfortunately, he would seem to have drawn the short end of the stick when it comes to both.  In real life, im sure he is one helluva guy and will be very successful outside of the game of football. 

Infatuation is an interesting word.

Nobody defends Andy Dalton with anywhere near the passion that his detractors tear him down.

Dude, I've told you this in every conceivable way... If the Bengals had a chance to bring in a GREAT quarterback, I'd be all for it. Instead of pretending like that's likely, or even remotely possible, I prefer to pull for the guy rather than piss and moan about what I'd prefer him to be.

The fact that you're enamored with every half ass quarterback that nobody else wants is kinda funny to me.

Austin Davis, come on down!

Brian Hoyer, we'll treat you right in Cincinnati!

Mark Fucking Sanchez, we'll pretend you haven't sucked your entire career!

I dont think Mark Sanchez is a good QB, but Mark Sanchez has made it to the AFCC

You and scharm are comparing Andy now to elis career. Yes Eli has had a better career but that's not what we are comparing.

Eli had a slightly better year last year but he also had a QB rating under 70 in 2013. There is definitely an argument to say that Dalton is the better qb right now. Not better full career but better right now.

Ok I'll play. With every other player remaining the same on both teams. And taking being the fan of the team out of it. Would you rather have Eli on the Bengals or Andy on the Giants?

I'm taking the 2 time Superbowl MVP and you can have whatever bullshit arguement you can think of to justify Dalton. 

Jay Cutler
Eli Manning
Brian Hoyer
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Blake Bortles
Zach Mettenberger
E.J. Manuel
Ryan Tannehill
Geno Smith
Alex Smith
Derek Carr
Shaun Hill
RGIII
Josh McCown
Teddy Bridgewater

It's a wash with Colin Kaepernick, Cam Newton, and Eli Manning.

And I'd take him over Nick Foles and Carson Palmer with another rebuilt knee.

Go ahead and scream bloody murder about some of the guys on that list. I'm ready.

I would take him over Cutler, he's an asshole. Also, would take him over McCown(journeyman, he is who he is), Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick.  As for RGIII(i love how everyone refers to Dalton having 40 wins, but nobody realizes that RGIII won 10 games, had a huge injury basically crippling his offseason and has a defense routinely giving up almost 30 a game, i guess the same excuses dont apply?),and Mettenberger, there would need to be a discussion for sure.  I would not take him over Tannehill, Manning(two time superbowl winner), Hoyer(average, just like Dalton), Bortles(please, he's a rookie on a talent deprived team),  Alex Smith(average/slightly above average, again, similar to Dalton physically), Derek Carr(so far and away more physically gifted and savvy w/ fire than Dalton its laughable), Teddy Bridgewater(also a rookie, more physcially gifted and showed promise).  Funny, on this list, there are three rookies.  Congrats.  Way to think "outside of the box."   

Oh yeah, i would take Dalton over EJ Manuel. 

What year did Peyton Manning win his first playoff game?

Matt Ryan?

Aaron Rodgers?

Tony Romo?

Drew Brees?

I've said it a million times. There's not a physical tool that Drew Brees possesses that Andy Dalton doesn't. Is it possible that Andy Dalton will one day have the same achieve the same "greatness". Yes. Is it likely? Probably not. Drew Brees is a sure fire Hall of Famer. The only other "young" quarterback out there that's "likely" to join that club.

Like or not, Andy Dalton is nearly half way to breaking every career passing record in history Bengals. He's already got the single season passing yardage and touchdown marks.

He's also gotten the Bengals into the postseason four straight times. No other Bengals ever got them there twice in a row. Hell, in 8 seasons as the starter, Boomer Esiason only got them there twice - TOTAL.

I don't need to ask "What more do you want the guy to do?". I know. I agree.

But you've got to recognize that THESE are the days of milk and honey for this franchise. This is the best four year run they've ever been on. Enjoy the ride and hope that it culminates in a Super Bowl title.

No one ever says Datlon is great, supposedly but there sure are enough of these half ass comparisons on this board that suggest otherwise.

I do recognize the winning this franchise has done and also recognize with better QB play we wouldn't be stuck with our 4-peat playoff t-shirts.   If you want to be happy with just that so be it.  

There is definitely an argument to say that Dalton is the better qb right now. Not better full career but better right now.

A part of that arguement would be that other NFL coaches & players must think so because he was higher on the alternate list for Pro Bowl QBs than Eli was. Unless someone wants to argue that the fans had a 1/3 of that vote. But lets be realistic here, judging by the level of hate some of the Bengal fans have for him and the negative media (professional & social) I find it difficult to believe he would have trumped Eli in the fan portion of the vote.

They've even got jackets with Carson Palmer's balls embroidered on the back.

Not true.  Carons Palmer wasnt playing well during his end of days w/ this team.  I also dont blame him one bit for leaving.  It was not a quality time for this organization.  Sorry, it wasnt. 

A part of that arguement would be that other NFL coaches & players must think so because he was higher on the alternate list for Pro Bowl QBs than Eli was. Unless someone wants to argue that the fans had a 1/3 of that vote. But lets be realistic here, judging by the level of hate some of the Bengal fans have for him and the negative media (professional & social) I find it difficult to believe he would have trumped Eli in the fan portion of the vote.

Get your 4-Peat  and 7th Alternate Pro Bowl t-shirts here......

Exactly. My guess would be that the fan vote for Andy was least influenced factor in his 13 rating.

Not true.  Carons Palmer wasnt playing during his end of days w/ this team.  I also dont blame him one bit for leaving.  It was not a quality time for this organization.  Sorry, it wasnt. 

Didn't he leave because he was having an affair, and his family peaced out of town and refused to return? 

Hoyer has beaten Dalton everytime they've played head to head.    Alot of that has to do with Dalton being horrible in those games.

Be careful.

If you want to use Andy Dalton's head to head record as a baseline, then he's one of the best in the business...

He's undefeated against Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Eli Manning.

And he's 1-1 against Tom Brady, and 4-4 against Joe Flacco.

In fact the only quarterbacks that has really beaten him up is Ben Roethlisberger.

Thanks for your input.

Be careful.

If you want to use Andy Dalton's head to head record as a baseline, then he's one of the best in the business...

He's undefeated against Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Eli Manning.

And he's 1-1 against Tom Brady, and 4-4 against Joe Flacco.

In fact the only quarterbacks that has really beaten him up is Ben Roethlisberger.

Thanks for your input.

But the team won those games not Dalton.

But Hoyer won the games against us not his team.

Just letting you know how it works.

Dalton better than Eli?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Based on what?  Delusions IMO.  

Wait until next offseason when this same conversation is happening with something else as an excuse to buy Dalton another year until judgement can be made.  Wait til year 6!  (Started at wait til year 3).  Good grief.  

Eli Manning has 2 Superbowl rings and 2 SB MVPs to go with them and we're actually giving credence to the thought that Dalton is better than Manning?  Eli Manning had 30 TDs this year vs 14 INTs, threw for almost 4500 yds and had 92 rating.  Eli is a better QB in every aspect, just that he's 34 and Dalton's 27.  I'd take Eli over him any day.  

Archived