2015 NFL Mock Drafts

2015 NFL Mock Draft

bengalsb_logo.gif Cincinnati Bengals: Eli Harold, DE/OLB, Virginia Virginia_logo.gif
The Bengals' pass rush was inconsistent this past year, as the team has missed Michael Johnson's presence. Perhaps they'll spend their first-round pick on a defensive end.

Pick change; previously Alvin Dupree, DE

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015_1.php

Mock draft 1.0: Mariota falls in first round

21. Cincinnati Bengals -- Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
It's time for the Bengals to think about grooming a replacement for Andrew Whitworth. Peat is a technical marvel with outstanding feet and agility.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000463500/article/mock-draft-10-mariota-falls-in-first-round

Rob
Rang

Updated: 1/26/15

T.J. Clemmings
OT | Pittsburgh

Dane
Brugler

Updated: 1/26/15

Jordan Phillips
DT | Oklahoma

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
hi-res-2f38bcf861acea9b6ea850a83f4e17f6_
USA TODAY Sports

As A.J. Green, Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu are all entering the final years of their contracts, the Cincinnati Bengals have reason to look for another wide receiver in this year’s draft. If West Virginia’s Kevin White falls outside the draft’s top 20 picks, the Bengals should strongly consider selecting him.

Coming off a breakout senior season, in which he caught 109 passes for 1,447 yards and 10 touchdowns, White is an athletic, 6’3”, 210-pound pass-catcher who wins at the catch point with great ball skills.

A skilled intermediate target and red-zone threat, White could be an upgrade opposite Green as the Bengals’ No. 2 outside receiver.

With few major needs on their roster, the Bengals should be looking to draft the best player available with the No. 21 overall pick. In this scenario, that’s White.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2343774-2015-nfl-mock-draft-super-bowl-week-projections/page/22

I just don't want an OT in the first round. I want a player that is drafted to start at his position day 1 and have an impact- not a player that has to wait his turn on the bench.

OT in any other round than 1... And maybe even two.

I just don't want an OT in the first round. I want a player that is drafted to start at his position day 1 and have an impact- not a player that has to wait his turn on the bench.

Totally agree. He could end up sitting for a few years,,,Whit ain't broken and played great last year.

I would also like to see them drafting some players with mean streaks. I think part of the problem with this team sometimes is that besides Burfict (injured) and Pacman (not a leader), there really isnt anyone with any attitude, everyone seems soft and subdued.

I want some cocky, confident, arrogant bastards with talent out there ready to kick someones ass every time the ball is snapped (penalty free preferably).

21. Cincinnati Bengals – Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State – Geno Atkins had a disappointing season, and he needs a running mate, anyway.  Goldman established himself as one of the best defenders on an impressive Florida State squad last year, and would be the perfect addition next to Atkins.

53. Cincinnati Bengals – Jalen Collins, CB, LSU

85. Cincinnati Bengals – Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (FL)

117. Cincinnati Bengals – Cedric Reed, DE, Texas

http://draftbreakdown.com/luke-easterlings-mock-draft-2-0-four-rounds/

Draft the right OT and he becomes a day 1 starter at LG and instantly upgrades the O-line, as well as providing insurance for both tackle spots as well as becoming the heir apparent.

It's not a terrible idea.

I could end up being wrong, but I suspect DGB slides a bit in the draft.

I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd or 3rd round if he fell that far. Too risky to take in the 1st in my opinion.

Totally agree. Not worth the risk in the 1st though I suspect someone will take him early 2nd.  Dudes a freak at 6'6" 220.  Now if he could stop driving around with pounds of dope in his car and tossing women down steps.

OT has to be considered.      Whit and Smith are last year players as of right now.    Whit has age and Smith has never been an easy sign.   Maybe 3rd time is a charm for Smith and he shocks and signs an extension with no drama.

OT could come in and contribute at Tackle or Guard pending the player.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

There has been speculation the Bengals could save some money by releasing starter Domata Peko. If that happens, Brown would be an excellent addition. He's not simply a space-filling defensive tackle, though. He showed at Texas he can move around well and pressure the quarterback.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2015/2/2/7961661/2015-nfl-mock-draft-marcus-mariota-jameis-winston

I don't think the Bengals "need" to take an OT early this year, but unless all the worthy ones are gone I will be shocked if they don't take one in the first 2 rounds.

I also don't see a WR before round 3 because I think there are other greater needs.  But I would not object if it was a guy just too good to pass up.  I don't see them going DGB though.  Some GM will gamble on him higher than we will.  Would not surprise me at all if he went 32.

Pass rushing DE is the biggest need, but at 21 I just don't know if that guy will be there.  Most of the pass rushers graded in that range appear to fit better as 3-4 OLBs.  A pass rushing DT to pair with Geno would be fine with me. 

He is quite a bit bigger than Henry.  Same red flags though.

Yeah.  Chris Henry was a bit of a one trick pony.  DGB has the tools to be a Top 5 talent in the league.  If the Bengals go defense at 21, I'd love to see them trade back up into the first or early second and take him.  The whole Chris Henry thing probably lingers a little too closely, though.  

Draft the right OT and he becomes a day 1 starter at LG and instantly upgrades the O-line, as well as providing insurance for both tackle spots as well as becoming the heir apparent.

It's not a terrible idea.

Well, it's usually presented as a bad idea, as in the all-too-familiar... "this team needs to start developing a replacement for Andrew Whitworth now"...rant that completely ignores how Whitworth just had his best season, and his relationship with the Bengals couldn't be better or stronger.

Myself, I expect Whitworth to continue playing at a very high level for several more years before retiring as a Bengal.

On the opposite side is Andre Smith, a player I expect the Bengals to be able to retain for as long as they want OR worst case scenario have to replace with a plug-and-play ORT drafted after Smith departs.

Thus, my interest in OT has been mostly rooted in a backup swing tackle who could be selected in the mid rounds.

Or if you prefer, draft the backup now. Get the starter later.

That said, if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly you're now talking about allowing Boling to depart in FA and then backfilling at OLG with a tackle prospect who could be an elite guard ala Zach Martin and the Cowboys. 

I kinda like that.

Whit was drafted in the 2nd round in 2006.    Levi and Willie had extensions before the 2006 season.     Whit played a ton at Left Tackle and Left guard.   That pick drew some critism as not being a "need" pick and came up gold. 

There is too much unsettled on the line for future seasons today to mark tackle off the prospect list at 21.    It's not just because we need to find Whit's replacement it's this:

1. Whit had an all-pro year following knee issues and he's on the last year of his contract

2. Swing tackle is currently looking to be filled by an aging Winston

3. Andre Smith - last year of his contract and has never been an easy contract

Non tackle but factors:  Boling FA currently.   Zeitler done after 2016.

Enough unsettled that you can't push off the position group until the mid-rounds 2015 or 2016 unless they get something done in free agency or extensions.

Whit was drafted in the 2nd round in 2006.    Levi and Willie had extensions before the 2006 season.     Whit played a ton at Left Tackle and Left guard.   That pick drew some critism as not being a "need" pick and came up gold. 

There is too much unsettled on the line for future seasons today to mark tackle off the prospect list at 21.    It's not just because we need to find Whit's replacement it's this:

1. Whit had an all-pro year following knee issues and he's on the last year of his contract
2. Swing tackle is currently looking to be filled by an aging Winston
3. Andre Smith - last year of his contract and has never been an easy contract

Non tackle but factors:  Boling FA currently.   Zeitler done after 2016.

Enough unsettled that you can't push off the position group until the mid-rounds 2015 or 2016 unless they get something done in free agency or extensions.

Everything you said is valid.

However, this is a team that is a couple players away from a Super Bowl. There are a limited number of ways to find those horses.

The way I see it, the Bengals need a right end, and at least one linebacker that can start and have an impact on Day 1. They also need a receiver, and a rotational DT. From a "total roster" standpoint, they need a backup tight end, (probably) a corner, and a tackle.

Fast forward to 2016, and if the Bengals haven't addressed the tackle position, that's probably at the top of the list. I said in another thread, if you they want their potential 2016 starter in place now, they've probably got to get him at 21.

Free agency this year isn't really an option because you can't go sign a guy to a fat ass contract and then sit him for a year. If the Bengals plan to burn the 21st pick on that tackle, it increases the burden for the free agent period in addressing those more immediate needs.

In my mind, the right short term love is to kick the can down the road for one more year. Bring Eric Winston back as the swing tackle. Hell, he's more capable of going back and forth than a rookie would be anyway - at least in 2015.

It would be hard to get upset about a first round tackle, but if it's at the expense of a 1b type receiver or a pass rusher, it's not a step toward a championship in 2015. And the Bengals are close. Close enough that two or three players at the right spots are the difference.

Archived