** The NEXT 50 lbs.... ** anti-fatass part 2

GoBengals

mostly for selfish motivational reasons, i wanted to start a different thread, as the conversation is different..

lost 50 lbs.... looking at losing the next 50 lbs...

then when i get to that point.. it will be the "last 50 lbs".... that would get me down to 211..  at 6'2" im ok with that...

Congrats. What has worked the best?

sounds ridiculous but......not eating a fuckload of food... and walking.. its been that simple... the mental urges for lots of food and late eating is the hard part...

Wow.  So close.

What are you going to do to celebrate when you drop below 300?

didnt really think about it.. i was looking more at loss milestones vs total weight ones.. since thats 61 lbs lost, didnt think about it...

i'll probably just eat a bunch of ice cream and cake and rub crisco on my nipples, pass out watching marc maron "thinky pain" on netflix so even the cat is ashamed of me and sleeps in another room?

or go buy new pants.... 50/50... 

sidenote: its crazy how big my old pants are.. even just that small amount of weight lost.. im keeping a pair to see how they look once im down to a more ideal weight...

Im terrible at eating late because I like to work out late because no one is there. One of the hurdles for me for sure. 

Congrats and keep going!

yea i want to eat late and have for years because i work until 8-9pm sometimes.. that was/is a tough part of it..

I hope with your loss of weight doesn't come your loss of jolliness . :ninja:

Jmwy ...great job Ryan. Keep up the determination.

my jolliness is based on carb intake.. no carbs = no jolly...

sad times

• 1 month later...

Ha.  You'll get back down to 309 fairly easily...the newly accumulated weight/fat melts off pretty easily.  Get re-focused and handle yo bidness!!  Keep us updated.  I'm currently doing a 2 wk sugar detox diet with the owner and daughter of a local gourmet cookie company....little ironic.

Hey Go!

First, keep it up!

Secondly, break down what you're doing workout-wise?

Changing your diet is an important first step, but you got to burn some calories as well. So what are you doing? You've been at this thing for a while now, so you're clearly motivated, but you maybe at a point where you need to re-motivate yourself. And one way to do this is by changing your workout... so lay it out!

Ha.  You'll get back down to 309 fairly easily...the newly accumulated weight/fat melts off pretty easily.  Get re-focused and handle yo bidness!!  Keep us updated.  I'm currently doing a 2 wk sugar detox diet with the owner and daughter of a local gourmet cookie company....little ironic.

that is pretty ironic... cookies are amazing... ANYWAY. you are correct the new weight is easy to get rid of.. hopefully get there by April 1st. i have to stop breaking down a few times a week and grabbing fast food. working my ass off since i was gone and no one did anything while i was gone.. so i said fuck it a afew times and grabbed whatever..

Hey Go!

First, keep it up!

Secondly, break down what you're doing workout-wise?

Changing your diet is an important first step, but you got to burn some calories as well. So what are you doing? You've been at this thing for a while now, so you're clearly motivated, but you maybe at a point where you need to re-motivate yourself. And one way to do this is by changing your workout... so lay it out!

i walk. and frankly, at over 300 lbs, it doesnt take MUCH more to burn calories.. before vacation i was jogging a half lap, walking a lap, jobbing a half lap, walking a lap.. so whenever i get back to the fieldhouse, probably tonight or tomorrow, i will see where i stand on the jogging front.. hoping to sway the jogging more than walking.. but i do what i can..

that is pretty ironic... cookies are amazing... ANYWAY. you are correct the new weight is easy to get rid of.. hopefully get there by April 1st. i have to stop breaking down a few times a week and grabbing fast food. working my ass off since i was gone and no one did anything while i was gone.. so i said fuck it a afew times and grabbed whatever..

i walk. and frankly, at over 300 lbs, it doesnt take MUCH more to burn calories.. before vacation i was jogging a half lap, walking a lap, jobbing a half lap, walking a lap.. so whenever i get back to the fieldhouse, probably tonight or tomorrow, i will see where i stand on the jogging front.. hoping to sway the jogging more than walking.. but i do what i can..

Understandable.  But here's the thing, you don't want to lose the weight SO fast either, so I think the pace you're going is perfectly fine.  Even with the vacations and slip ups at work when it gets busy/stressful.  And with fast food, even that's ok to a certain extent if you're making choices that limit the 'damage' the fast food does.  Like Chipotle burrito bowl with brown rice, hell even white rice.....chicken, black beans, avoid sour cream and cheese, or have very light cheese and add whatever to make it as tasty as possible.  Actually, that's about the only fast food that limits damage done by 'food'.  Ha. 

i'll probably just eat a bunch of ice cream and cake and rub crisco on my nipples, pass out watching marc maron "thinky pain" on netflix so even the cat is ashamed of me and sleeps in another room?

:lmao:

Good shit though, this & (a desire to backpack into places nobody else tends to fish) is inspiring. Well, that and ass. Let's be honest.

On a related note; how NOT to lose 50lbs ::  (SFW)

http://i.imgur.com/VheBT0k.webm

Great job so far, Go. Really glad that the weight is coming off for you. I'm so fucking out of shape it's not even funny. The other day I found some pics from 10 years ago that just about broke my heart. I can't believe I was in that shape. This pic I'm about 240, just about where I want to be.

MULLY

MULLY.jpg

If your having issues with late night sweet cravings, quest bars have been holding me over.  190 calories with loads of protein.  Not much sugar.  I'm sure Khat can expand further on whether they're truly good for you or not.

Also read something the other day about how a guy drinks two glasses of water before he eats anything.  Then eats all his veggies, then his proteins and then his carbs and says it holds him over pretty well.  I've tried it, but I may not have enough veggies on my plate at night and it hasn't completely curbed my sweet cravings.

Have you tried Siggi's Yogurt?  It's an Icelandic style yogurt that has a ton of protein but very little sugar.  It really sticks with you and staunches hunger very well.  Be forewarned however, that the first time you try it you'll be like "What the fuck did I just put in my mouth?" because it seems very tart compared to regular yogurt.  However, once you get used to the flavor, you'll never be able to go back to processed, sugary yogurts. 

Archived