Gresham Quotes

No shit. Most important FA this offseason. If they don't just fucking resign him, since we obviously have goddamn money, they don't care about winning. You don't go around looking to replace guys who really don't need to be replaced. Jermaine knows what the fuck is up and so does his agent. They're not going to ask for ridiculous money. I'm pretty confident the deal gets done.

If not LOL. Lets go draft another TE guys. Good plan. Hayes will coach him up.

We can't get an all pro. Gresham is one of the better TEs in the league. I wish we could say that about our QB.

Gresh will either get seriously underpaid relative to the market or he won't be playing here.  

That said, given that he's shut down his twitter account it may be that the team has engaged in some kind of major psychological intervention.

He hasn't been a good player here lately and I don't think the coaching staff or his teammates trust him.

We can do better. 

Maybe cheaper, but not better.

Jermaine Gresham's never achieved the star status the Bengals hoped for when he was drafted, but he's still pretty friggin' good.

He's top half of the league as a receiver, and an even better blocker. Guys like that don't grow on trees.

My problem with Gresh remains that you simply can't gameplan around him. Especially when those games are big. He's just too independable in crunch-time.  

He gets good stats, but I'd pay him more like a backup TE if I thought of keeping him around. Someone else will cough up more...

I don't think we're gonna lowball him though. Sure, we'll ask for a hometown discount. Dude said he wants to be here. Then be a man of your word. Shit, you've still got time to earn a big time contract either here or somewhere else after this one wraps up. He just shouldn't be expecting it now.

I'll be less hammered at the bars while watching the games this year if gresham isn't resigned.

In the "take a shot whenever Gresham screws up" game, he was good for at least one shot per game, and sometimes 3 or 4. That is, when his vagina didn't hurt bad enough for him to sit out the games.

Not kidding about the above, but honestly he has value and some talent obviously. I just think each side needs a clean break. We would probably
Be excited with him if he was a 4th rounder instead of a 1st.

We would probably Be excited with him if he was a 4th rounder instead of a 1st.

That's where we hometown fans always screw it up. If Ryan Hewitt had put up Gresham's numbers, we'd pounding the drum to keep him at all costs. But because we perceive him to have "underachieved", we're ready to run him out of town, consequences be damned.

That's where we hometown fans always screw it up. If Ryan Hewitt had put up Gresham's numbers, we'd pounding the drum to keep him at all costs. But because we perceive him to have "underachieved", we're ready to run him out of town, consequences be damned.

Numbers aside, my eyes and my brain see the mental mistakes, bad turnovers, up and down effort, and poor body language. I'll pass.

Yeah but I didn't see that his 1st 3 years in the league. I think they just aren't motivating him properly.

He looked motivated like no other in that Denver game and look at the game he had?

You know why he had that type of game? Dude was involved in the game plan. You can only have a beastly pass catching te blocking so much. Get his ass involved, design 2-3 plays just for him, getting 10-12 yds dragging defenders. That's what makes him happy. It would be like us drafting Green and not designing any plays for him. It's wasted talent. I think Hue has realized this and it's how a guy like Gresham is motivated. I think the opportunities will be better once efiert is back in the field also.

Gresh will either get seriously underpaid relative to the market or he won't be playing here.  

I'm hearing the Bengals last neeting with Gresham and his agent did not go well.

Rumor has it the Bengals chief negotiator during the meeting was a creepy old fisherman who kept repeating..."I've got you a dollar." 

That said, given that he's shut down his twitter account it may be that the team has engaged in some kind of major psychological intervention.

I can guarantee his agent made him shut it down. He;s a free agent and any team who gets a glimpse of Gresham's thoughts would quickly realize they have a headache/lunatic on their hands.

Archived