For Fun - Would you take Manning?

Still no word on Peyton and the Broncos, but that should change soon
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 3, 2015, 1:25 PM EST
8d955d4c18fa0d6a7cd8b238b824182b.jpeg?w=Getty Images

Three weeks ago, Peyton Manning was reportedly planning to announce within the next week that he would return to the Broncos. Except the next week came and went, and another week came and went, and there was silence from Manning.

So does that mean Manning still might decide to retire?

Actually, probably not. As Mike Klis of the Denver Post said on PFT Live (and as other reporters have noted as well), from all indications Manning and the Broncos have both decided that he will be Denver’s quarterback this year. There are still issues to address — including Manning passing a physical and perhaps restructuring his contract — but everyone seems to agree that Manning will be back, and that an announcement is coming soon.

The biggest question seems to be whether Manning is willing to take a pay cut. If the Broncos are able to convince Manning that taking less than the $19 million he’s owed will make the team better suited to re-sign soon-to-be free agents Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas, that might be an idea Manning is amenable to. Manning would probably give up millions if he believed it would make him more likely to win his second Super Bowl, and giving up millions to keep both Thomases might be a sound investment for Manning in the long run.

So there are still issues to work out before Manning’s return for 2015 becomes official. But those issues should be resolved soon.

Just for the sake of argument, if things didn't work out for him there this year, would you take him here?

I know it's insane, but if you think about it for one second I can't think of anybody better to have here WHILE WE STILL HAVE ANDY. Point being, Dalton could learn from the best, and when Peyton breaks in half by the end of the season, Andy would have gathered some valuable wisdom (and humility).

(and if you can't tell, I'm having a blast spending our phantom millions that won't get spent!)

Manning still has 2 more good years in him.  He was hurt near the end of last season and still managed a 101 rating, 39TDs, 4727 yards with 15 ints.

Give him our offense WITH Jeremy Hill and Gio and turn him loose.  Resign Gresham as well and Andre Johnson for a season.

I would love to see him come here. 

BTW, his lifetime playoff rating is 88.5 which aint bad in reality, Brady's is 89.0.

Was he hurt or was he old?

Then again what the fuck does it matter? The franchise hasn't visited the division round of playoffs since 1990 season so adding Manning in the grand scheme of things isn't going to hurt 1 damn thing and would create a buzz this stale franchise needs.

Hell yes!

Was he hurt or was he old?

Then again what the fuck does it matter? The franchise hasn't visited the division round of playoffs since 1990 season so adding Manning in the grand scheme of things isn't going to hurt 1 damn thing and would create a buzz this stale franchise needs.

Hell yes!

He was hurt, you don't just lose it in one week.   He is one year older than Brady.

Can you even fucking imagine ticket sales if Manning were signed here?  I don't think it is all that crazy IF Denver is deciding to move on.  Manning will cost them $21.5 mil this year but the cap hit would only be $5 mil.  Denver, however, is not in cap trouble so this should be interesting.

If they part ways, the cold hard fact is we are one of very few teams that might already be talented enough to make a legit Super Bowl run and have cap space.

I wouldn't. Dalton is in his prime right now.

I would take the old guy who has been All-Pro 2 of the last 3 years and has had a passing rating over 100 all three years.   If Mike Brown is starting to think of his legacy,  well this is one fucking move that REGARDLESS of how it works out, will change the perception of him forever.  It would be a balls out bold move and I would love him for swinging for the fences.  Dalton in his prime is an 80 something QB...yay.

I would take the old guy who has been All-Pro 2 of the last 3 years and has had a passing rating over 100 all three years.   If Mike Brown is starting to think of his legacy,  well this is one fucking move that REGARDLESS of how it works out, will change the perception of him forever.  It would be a balls out bold move and I would love him for swinging for the fences.  Dalton in his prime is an 80 something QB...yay.

You do know I wasn't sincere...

It might damage Andy's confidence. So, no.

You mean to tell me Dalton can get even worse?

You don't recognize the sarcasm from Socalbened, the Hater King from the West?

You know, while the odds of this are incredibly low, this makes a hell of a lot of sense.  

You would have to release Dalton though, right?

Who gives a shit. Give Manning free reign. And draft liken2 dudes and hope that by the time Manning is done one of them had figured the shit out

Archived