Ex-Patriot Wilfork

While there is literally zero chance we sign both of these guys, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Let's say rey costs like 3m against the cap. Even by Hobson that leaves like 12m.

Sign hardy to a deal for like 7m a year and wilfork for like 6m. Cut peko since you don't need him and vince. Restructure hall if you need a few more. That should give you enough for fasano.

Let boling walk and draft Collins in the first. In the second try to get a SLB. Wr in the third maybe.

That would give you a front 7 of
Dunlap-atkins-wilfork-hardy
Burfict-rey-2nd rounder

Also potentially upgrades the offensive line and gets you a future tackle.

More depth At tight end and wr.

Boom championship

Wilfork would be a really nice addition. Will be curious how much money he is looking for and if he'd consider playing here if he had similar offers from a team considered more of a legit contender to win it all.

Why does everyone think Wilfork is looking to go to a contender?  He already has 2 rings.  He isn't Karl Malone going to the LA Lakers desperate for a ring.   HE WANTS TO GET PAID.

Why does everyone think Wilfork is looking to go to a contender?  He already has 2 rings.  He isn't Karl Malone going to the LA Lakers desperate for a ring.   HE WANTS TO GET PAID.

He's also an older guy who has made almost $100M already. If one offer is clearly the highest, I think he'll take it. I agree he's not going to take a discount just to try to win.

If he has a few offers that are all pretty similar, then other factors obviously come into play though.

Is the team a contender? Near his home in NE or where he grew up in Florida? Does he know the coaches well? 

It's worth considering in terms of the Bengals. I doubt we blow him away with an offer way above all the competition, so if we were to have a legit shot he'd probably have to choose us over similar contract offers in the same ballpark based upon secondary factors...

He's also an older guy who has made almost $100M already. If one offer is clearly the highest, I think he'll take it. I agree he's not going to take a discount just to try to win.

If he has a few offers that are all pretty similar, then other factors obviously come into play though.

Is the team a contender? Near his home in NE or where he grew up in Florida? Does he know the coaches well? 

It's worth considering in terms of the Bengals. I doubt we blow him away with an offer way above all the competition, so if we were to have a legit shot he'd probably have to choose us over similar contract offers in the same ballpark based upon secondary factors...

Yeah, I am sure under similar money he would probably choose Seattle over Jacksonville regardless of the proximity to home.   He would like to be on a good team, everyone does but that won't be factor #1 me thinks.

I think they're going to keep both 1 techniques in place this off-season.  If they sign/draft a guy its going to be to take Still's spot as backup 3 technique.  Not that I agree with that but just reading the tea leaves with Peko staying on the roster and Thompson being in the final year of his contract.  Wilfork probably not a fit at 3 technique.

I'd sign the player that would make the biggest impact within the Bengals scheme. It's ok to be aggressive in FA especially if it means taking the next step. Nothing wrong with the concept of building and replenishing through the draft but I believe this is the year to go all in. When this team starts winning playoff games I'll be convinced they can "stay the course." Time to go for it. 2016 could be a transition year if they don't win now.

I'd sign the player that would make the biggest impact within the Bengals scheme. It's ok to be aggressive in FA especially if it means taking the next step. Nothing wrong with the concept of building and replenishing through the draft but I believe this is the year to go all in. When this team starts winning playoff games I'll be convinced they can "stay the course." Time to go for it. 2016 could be a transition year if they don't win now.

Good to see you Jeff.

Let's say rey costs like 3m against the cap. Even by Hobson that leaves like 12m.

Sign hardy to a deal for like 7m a year and wilfork for like 6m. Cut peko since you don't need him and vince. Restructure hall if you need a few more. That should give you enough for fasano.

Let boling walk and draft Collins in the first. In the second try to get a SLB. Wr in the third maybe.

That would give you a front 7 of
Dunlap-atkins-wilfork-hardy
Burfict-rey-2nd rounder

Also potentially upgrades the offensive line and gets you a future tackle.

More depth At tight end and wr.

Boom championship

Yep, in the AFC Championship Game the next 3+ years!

I'd take either him or BJ Raji and while I love Peko for what he brought and his leadership and just being an all around good dude, if you can upgrade the spot do it, if not I'd let Thompson take over as the starter this year and let Peko play in reserve.

I'd take either him or BJ Raji and while I love Peko for what he brought and his leadership and just being an all around good dude, if you can upgrade the spot do it, if not I'd let Thompson take over as the starter this year and let Peko play in reserve.

I believe that's their plan.

Archived