Dalton making a difference for kids at Cook Children's

Dalton making a difference for kids at Cook Children's

Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton and his wife donated a big locker full of electronic toys for patients at Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth.

Joe Trahan, WFAA 11:08 p.m. CDT March 30, 2015
635633513797382436-0330-dalton-cooks02.j

(Photo: WFAA)

FORT WORTH — Former TCU quarterback Andy Dalton — now with the Cincinnati Bengals — is scoring big points with young patients at Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth.

They call it "Andy & Jordan's Hub." Imagine a huge locker that's an instant smile-maker, and a treasure chest full of electronic devices, video games, and movies. The Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation donated the second one of its kind Monday, and the kids can't get enough.

"I think the big thing we want to do is just give them that sense of normalcy while they're here doing these treatments," Dalton said during a photo-op when he was sharing all the new gear his foundation provided.

The Daltons make their off-season home in Fort Worth. When he was at TCU, Andy would visit kids at Cook's, so its a natural for him to help. But as for why his foundation chose to help sick kids in the first place, well, there's more to that story.

635633513789738485-0330-dalton-cooks01.j

Andy and Jordan Dalton visit with a patient at Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth. (Photo: WFAA)

When Dalton was at TCU, he began keeping in touch via text with the granddaughter of one of his coaches, Greg Winder.

Presley Boydstun was diagnosed with leukemia in 2009. Dalton would keep tabs and send inspirational notes. Winder later told Dalton what his input had meant.

"'You have no idea how much you're impacting her,'" Dalton said his coach told him.

"Even now, just checking in on here and keeping up with here on Facebook and seeing pictures, it's kind of an incredible relationship," said Andy's wife Jordan. "We realized those little things made such a difference."

LINK: Presley Boydstun Fan Club

Presley is now cancer-free, and the Daltons are determined to help even more kids. The foundation's next project is aimed at raising funds to help families in need to offset medical expenses.

Dalton said he'll be back in Cincinnati in a few weeks working on improving the Bengals 0-and-4 playoff record since he's been there. But that can wait he's got more important work to do now.

"We're trying to put smiles on these kids' faces," Dalton said.

And you can't beat that.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/outreach/2015/03/30/dalton-making-a-difference-for-kids-at-cook-childrens/70703026/

Hard to diss or make fun of a player, from the team I am a fan of, when he's out doing charity work for those less fortunate.
Good job Andy!

Nah. Its pretty easy actually. Sure as fuck hope they didn't bring Andy there to make those poor kids feel better. I'd pull my own plug

Unless it's Jermaine Gresham....then you can do all of that.....amirite?  

Lol
Nah, if a thread was pertaining to him doing some charity work I wouldn't even do that to Gresham. What these players do to help others less fortunate off the field has nothing to do with their performances on the field imo.

Archived