Some draft thoughts with with 2 weeks to go

1. The 1st round sliders. We're starting to get an idea of who the higher rated guys are who may slide. At this time last year, Darqueze Dennard started to become a real possibility after looking like he'd be a longshot to fall to us at 24. The late-risers at other positions increased the chances that one of the top 4 CBs would make it to us and Dennard was the guy who tested the worst of the top 4. The guys who are probably in that conversation this year include:

-Randy Gregory- Testing positive for weed at the combine was a major mistake and there are some rumblings that he has been displaying a lot of immaturity in the pre-draft process. A guy who was once considered a likely top 5 pick is now a guy who may end up sliding to the teens or even the 20s. One of the true wild cards in the 1st round right now.

-Danny Shelton- The big run stuffing DTs who don't bring a lot of pass rush tend to be overrated initially but as the draft gets closer and closer, most of the risers are pass rushers, WRs, QBs, CBs, etc. and the run stoppers are the ones who the late risers end up jumping. At this point I'd be surprised if he goes top 10 and wouldn't be surprised if he makes it into the 20s. He was never expected to test well, but the 5.64 forty time confirmed that he's not a freaky athlete who's going to give you much of anything in terms of pass rush.

-Landon Collins- Collins' stock was never as high as Gregory's and Shelton's but it seemed like he always ended up going off the board in the mid-teens on most early mocks. He's regularly sliding into the 20s now due to the stock of some other guys rising late. My guess is that he ends up going between 20 and 22 with Philly, Cincy and Pitt all in the market for a Safety.

None of these guys are guaranteed to make it to 21, but I think they are the most likely candidates for a small draft day "slide" that could drop right into the Bengals' laps at #21. Any of the three would be pretty good fits and values for the Bengals. Malcom Brown and Arik Amstead are two other guys whose value has always been pretty high who may or may not make it to 21.

2. The stock of the top WRs. The pecking order amongst the top WRs is starting to become a little clearer and it's giving us a lot better idea of who the Bengals would potentially have a shot at at 21, 53 and 85. First off, there's very little hope of Amari Cooper, Kevin White or Devante Parker sliding to 21 as the stock of all three has remained very high throughout the process and there are a lot of WR-needy teams in the top 20 so we can give up this dream. Interestingly, the guy who has seemed to emerge as the consensus #4 guy has been Breshad Perriman. There were some indications that he was a dark horse 1st round candidate early on, but after his 4.2-something forty, his stock has slowly but surely climbed to the point where it's looking like he is now a 1st round lock. In fact, I'd say the odds are well over 50% that he goes in the top 20 now. Big guys who run fast, track the deep ball well and don't have a lot of character concerns are just in really high demand. Would the Bengals consider him if he does make it to 21? I doubt they'd take him even if he is there, but I do think he's the most likely 1st round option for the Bengals at WR. 

The next group of four WRs includes Dorial Green-Beckham, Jaelen Strong, Philip Dorsett and Nelson Agholor. There four guys seem like they're probably in "no-man's land" for the Bengals. All four would probably be reaches at #21 (though DGB has his supporters) and that has been something the Bengals have been loathe to do the past five seasons. Unfortunately, the stock of all four guys seems to have settled in the 25 to 45 range overall. I suspect we would jump all over any of this group should they fall to 53 and there's some chance one of the four slides just enough to end up in Bengals stripes.

So who does that leave as the more likely options? Devin Smith's stock seems to have settled in around 50th overall (give or take about 10-15 spots). There's definitely no guarantee he's there at 53. Say a 50% chance at this point. I'd guess the Bengals would be highly likely to take him if he's there and he is the WR I would bet on as most likely to be a Bengal. WRs like Sammie Coates, Tyler Lockett, Devin Funchess, Rashad Greene, Tre McBride and Justin Hardy are all interesting options in the 2nd or 3rd round and round out the top 15 of the position that should go in the first two days. Of the group, Lockett and Greene seem to fit best in terms of what the Bengals typically look for in the draft and their stated needs this offseason.

3. Offensive Line in the 1st round. This has always seemed like the most likely option, but there is still very little clarity in terms of who will be there, who the Bengals like and the pecking order at the top of the OT position. La'el Collins is probably the guy who Bengals fans agree upon the most and if he's there at 21, I think he'd probably be the guy. Ereck Flowers, Andrus Peat, T.J. Clemmings, D.J Humphries and Jake Fisher all have their supporters and detractors and it's extremely hard to tell if the Bengals like any of that group enough to take them in round 1. It's a little surprising that there isn't more of a pecking order here but it appears that beauty is in the eye of the beholder at OT this season. Smart money is probably on one of these six OTs as the first round selection.

4. The stock of the top LBs seems to have settled in round 2. Some may disagree but it seems like the top true LBers (not the edge rushers) are all expected to fall to the 2nd or 3rd round. Eric Kendricks, Shaq Thompson, and Bernardrick McKinney all look like to go in the 40-60 overall range. You have to figure that all three of them are on the Bengals' short list at #53 if available. 

1. The 1st round sliders. We're starting to get an idea of who the higher rated guys are who may slide. At this time last year, Darqueze Dennard started to become a real possibility after looking like he'd be a longshot to fall to us at 24. The late-risers at other positions increased the chances that one of the top 4 CBs would make it to us and Dennard was the guy who tested the worst of the top 4. The guys who are probably in that conversation this year include:

-Randy Gregory- Testing positive for weed at the combine was a major mistake and there are some rumblings that he has been displaying a lot of immaturity in the pre-draft process. A guy who was once considered a likely top 5 pick is now a guy who may end up sliding to the teens or even the 20s. One of the true wild cards in the 1st round right now.

-Danny Shelton- The big run stuffing DTs who don't bring a lot of pass rush tend to be overrated initially but as the draft gets closer and closer, most of the risers are pass rushers, WRs, QBs, CBs, etc. and the run stoppers are the ones who the late risers end up jumping. At this point I'd be surprised if he goes top 10 and wouldn't be surprised if he makes it into the 20s. He was never expected to test well, but the 5.64 forty time confirmed that he's not a freaky athlete who's going to give you much of anything in terms of pass rush.

-Landon Collins- Collins' stock was never as high as Gregory's and Shelton's but it seemed like he always ended up going off the board in the mid-teens on most early mocks. He's regularly sliding into the 20s now due to the stock of some other guys rising late. My guess is that he ends up going between 20 and 22 with Philly, Cincy and Pitt all in the market for a Safety.

None of these guys are guaranteed to make it to 21, but I think they are the most likely candidates for a small draft day "slide" that could drop right into the Bengals' laps at #21. Any of the three would be pretty good fits and values for the Bengals. Malcom Brown and Arik Amstead are two other guys whose value has always been pretty high who may or may not make it to 21.

2. The stock of the top WRs. The pecking order amongst the top WRs is starting to become a little clearer and it's giving us a lot better idea of who the Bengals would potentially have a shot at at 21, 53 and 85. First off, there's very little hope of Amari Cooper, Kevin White or Devante Parker sliding to 21 as the stock of all three has remained very high throughout the process and there are a lot of WR-needy teams in the top 20 so we can give up this dream. Interestingly, the guy who has seemed to emerge as the consensus #4 guy has been Breshad Perriman. There were some indications that he was a dark horse 1st round candidate early on, but after his 4.2-something forty, his stock has slowly but surely climbed to the point where it's looking like he is now a 1st round lock. In fact, I'd say the odds are well over 50% that he goes in the top 20 now. Big guys who run fast, track the deep ball well and don't have a lot of character concerns are just in really high demand. Would the Bengals consider him if he does make it to 21? I doubt they'd take him even if he is there, but I do think he's the most likely 1st round option for the Bengals at WR. 

The next group of four WRs includes Dorial Green-Beckham, Jaelen Strong, Philip Dorsett and Nelson Agholor. There four guys seem like they're probably in "no-man's land" for the Bengals. All four would probably be reaches at #21 (though DGB has his supporters) and that has been something the Bengals have been loathe to do the past five seasons. Unfortunately, the stock of all four guys seems to have settled in the 25 to 45 range overall. I suspect we would jump all over any of this group should they fall to 53 and there's some chance one of the four slides just enough to end up in Bengals stripes.

So who does that leave as the more likely options? Devin Smith's stock seems to have settled in around 50th overall (give or take about 10-15 spots). There's definitely no guarantee he's there at 53. Say a 50% chance at this point. I'd guess the Bengals would be highly likely to take him if he's there and he is the WR I would bet on as most likely to be a Bengal. WRs like Sammie Coates, Tyler Lockett, Devin Funchess, Rashad Greene, Tre McBride and Justin Hardy are all interesting options in the 2nd or 3rd round and round out the top 15 of the position that should go in the first two days. Of the group, Lockett and Greene seem to fit best in terms of what the Bengals typically look for in the draft and their stated needs this offseason.

3. Offensive Line in the 1st round. This has always seemed like the most likely option, but there is still very little clarity in terms of who will be there, who the Bengals like and the pecking order at the top of the OT position. La'el Collins is probably the guy who Bengals fans agree upon the most and if he's there at 21, I think he'd probably be the guy. Ereck Flowers, Andrus Peat, T.J. Clemmings, D.J Humphries and Jake Fisher all have their supporters and detractors and it's extremely hard to tell if the Bengals like any of that group enough to take them in round 1. It's a little surprising that there isn't more of a pecking order here but it appears that beauty is in the eye of the beholder at OT this season. Smart money is probably on one of these six OTs as the first round selection.

4. The stock of the top LBs seems to have settled in round 2. Some may disagree but it seems like the top true LBers (not the edge rushers) are all expected to fall to the 2nd or 3rd round. Eric Kendricks, Shaq Thompson, and Bernardrick McKinney all look like to go in the 40-60 overall range. You have to figure that all three of them are on the Bengals' short list at #53 if available. 

I agree with your assessment here. You are spot on. I do hope that somehow we can end up with Dorsett but he may be gone. I think there is a realistic chance that we get DJ Humphries in Round 1 but we have too see how the Eound plays out. Any one of the O Linemaen that you mentioned would be a good fit for us I believe.

1. I don't think Shelton gets past 19. The Bengals almost took a safety a couple years ago when they appeared to have an immediate need, but have only done it once. Personally I would take La'el, Flowersarrow-10x10.png, Peat and Clemmings ahead of Landon, but if those guys are gone he would be on the short list.

2. I agree. In my last mock I originally had Devin Smith at 53. But what does he bring that Moore doesn't? If Dorsett or Agholor are somehow there at 53 I'd run faster than them to the podium (yeah, right, :lol: ) but I doubt it. Lockett is a guy I really like, but I think 53 might be too early and 85 too late. Trade backarrow-10x10.png in 2? Take Stephone Anthony?

3. I think their top 2 are La'el and Flowers. I would have Peat next. I like Clemmings and Humphries too, but 21 might be high for them.

4. The LBs I really like in 2, assuming the WR doesn't fit, are Harold, Thompson, and Anthony (Harold and Thompson probably won't last that long). I wouldn't take any of the 4-3 LBs in this draft at 21. Perryman and Kwon Alexander in 3 and Davis Tull in 4 are guys I like.

1. I don't think Shelton gets past 19. The Bengals almost took a safety a couple years ago when they appeared to have an immediate need, but have only done it once. Personally I would take La'el, Flowersarrow-10x10.png, Peat and Clemmings ahead of Landon, but if those guys are gone he would be on the short list.

2. I agree. In my last mock I originally had Devin Smith at 53. But what does he bring that Moore doesn't? If Dorsett or Agholor are somehow there at 53 I'd run faster than them to the podium (yeah, right, :lol: ) but I doubt it. Lockett is a guy I really like, but I think 53 might be too early and 85 too late. Trade backarrow-10x10.png in 2? Take Stephone Anthony?

3. I think their top 2 are La'el and Flowers. I would have Peat next. I like Clemmings and Humphries too, but 21 might be high for them.

4. The LBs I really like in 2, assuming the WR doesn't fit, are Harold, Thompson, and Anthony (Harold and Thompson probably won't last that long). I wouldn't take any of the 4-3 LBs in this draft at 21. Perryman and Kwon Alexander in 3 and Davis Tull in 4 are guys I like.

One is a fringe NFL talent who had to settle for a minimum contract with no guaranteed money who fell to 5th or 6th WR on a terrible Raiders team. If drafted in the 5th round by any other team with legit NFL talent at WR, he probably never would have seen the field like he did early in his career. Not a single NFL team out of 32 was willing to give him even a modest signing bonus just a few weeks ago...

The other is a top 50 prospect in the draft who nearly every team in the NFL would love to have. If he was a FA right now, teams would be battling it out to give him a big contract. There's really not much of a comparison in my opinion and it would be similar to asking why take Danny Shelton when you have Pat Sims. 

One is a fringe NFL talent who had to settle for a minimum contract with no guaranteed moneyarrow-10x10.png who fell to 5th or 6th WR on a terrible Raiders team. If drafted in the 5th round by any other team with legit NFL talent at WR, he probably never would have seen the field like he did early in his careerarrow-10x10.png. Not a singlearrow-10x10.png NFL team out of 32 was willing to give him even a modest signing bonusarrow-10x10.png just a few weeks ago...

The other is a top 50 prospect in the draft who nearly every team in the NFL would love to have. If he was a FA right now, teams would be battling it out to give him a big contract. There's really not much of a comparison in my opinion and it would be similar to asking why take Danny Shelton when you have Pat Sims. 

Yes, Smith is a better prospect.  Now.  Based mostly on a good senior year, and a very good post season.  Coming into lastarrow-10x10.png year, and even mid way through, Devin was a 5th round guy or later.   It strikes me that their gamesarrow-10x10.png are fairly similar.  Am I wrong?  Is Devin different enough, or better enough, to warrant a 2nd round pick?

And this is coming from a big OSU and Devin Smith fan.

I agree on Shelton.  I've been seeing various reports talking about how he's falling down the boards due to being mainly a two down guy.  I think he would be perfect for us.  

In regards to Nelson, some smoke has been made about him and Philly.  He may not reach in the first round.

I think Perriman could be a sleeper for us.  Has that one of a kind deep speed.  I'm not sure he reaches us though.  With how well the WR's did last year, I think a premium will be bestowed upon them and could end up seeing Perriman going top 15.  I also think Gordon and Gurley will go before our pick.  Lots of interest in both these past few days being reported by multiple teams.  

Bottom line, a very nice player is going to fall to us just like the past few years.

Yes, Smith is a better prospect.  Now.  Based mostly on a good senior year, and a very good post season.  Coming into lastarrow-10x10.png year, and even mid way through, Devin was a 5th round guy or later.   It strikes me that their gamesarrow-10x10.png are fairly similar.  Am I wrong?  Is Devin different enough, or better enough, to warrant a 2nd round pick?

yes, to all the above. i will be very surprised if moore even makes this squad, and if he does so, he'll need an injury situation to make the active 53.

damn, come on now...get real about this!

If you think Smith is going to be a bust and be almost out of the league after 4 seasons like Moore is, then that's a different conversation. Obviously he's not worth #53 if you think that's how his career will play out.

I think Smith is going to be a Mike Wallace type player who will never be a 90 catch player but who will force defenses to respect his speed and draw extra safety attention. It depends upon where he lands and how good a deep ball his QB throws as to whether he ends up putting up big numbers or not. But I would think that when it comes time for Devin's 2nd contract, he'll be commanding $6-7M a year or something and not minimum salary. 

I agree on Shelton.  I've been seeing various reports talking about how he's falling down the boards due to being mainly a two down guy.  I think he would be perfect for us.  

In regards to Nelson, some smoke has been made about him and Philly.  He may not reach in the first round.

I think Perriman could be a sleeper for us.  Has that one of a kind deep speed.  I'm not sure he reaches us though.  With how well the WR's did last year, I think a premium will be bestowed upon them and could end up seeing Perriman going top 15.  I also think Gordon and Gurley will go before our pick.  Lots of interest in both these past few days being reported by multiple teams.  

Bottom line, a very nice player is going to fall to us just like the past few years.

I agree with you on the WRs and you're probably right that 5 or 6 of them (maybe 7?) end up going in the 1st round. My gut feeling (and something that Hobson has said explicitly) is that the Bengals won't go that direction unless one of the top 3 or 4 is there. My guess is that Perriman is the 4th who is in the "maybe" category for the Bengals. Not near the top of their list, but probably in the top 21 on their overall big board and at least in the conversation.

I think San Diego takes a RB at 17 (Gurley?). Not sure I see another team in the top 20 that will go RB, but it's not far fetched. 

The Bengals are pretty well situated to grab a guy who slides a little bit when some of these "late risers" sneak into the top 20. Perriman, Gurley, the CB from Wake Forest, and some others are on the list of guys potentially rising into that top 20 and pushing a top talent to the Bengals.

I agree with you on the WRs and you're probably right that 5 or 6 of them (maybe 7?) end up going in the 1st round. My gut feeling (and something that Hobson has said explicitly) is that the Bengals won't go that direction unless one of the top 3 or 4 is there. My guess is that Perriman is the 4th who is in the "maybe" category for the Bengals. Not near the top of their list, but probably in the top 21 on their overall big board and at least in the conversation.

I think San Diego takes a RB at 17 (Gurley?). Not sure I see another team in the top 20 that will go RB, but it's not far fetched. 

The Bengals are pretty well situated to grab a guy who slides a little bit when some of these "late risers" sneak into the top 20. Perriman, Gurley, the CB from Wake Forest, and some others are on the list of guys potentially rising into that top 20 and pushing a top talent to the Bengals.

I saw Miami has been sniffing around Gurley.  ATL I believe had some interest as well.  I think Gurley goes early teens and someone like the Cowboys jump up and snatch Gordon.  Just my gut feeling.

Something else interesting is that the Bengals had a visit with Nebraska's running back who is probably a round 2 or 3 guy.  Could they possibly be thinking about making Gio a slot receiver?  Not likely, but something to ponder I guess.

If you think Smith is going to be a bust and be almost out of the league after 4 seasons like Moore is, then that's a different conversation. Obviously he's not worth #53 if you think that's how his career will play out.

I think Smith is going to be a Mike Wallace type player who will never be a 90 catch player but who will force defenses to respect his speed and draw extra safety attention. It depends upon where he lands and how good a deep ball his QB throws as to whether he ends up putting up big numbers or not. But I would think that when it comes time for Devin's 2nd contract, he'll be commanding $6-7M a year or something and not minimum salary. 

my opinion is devin smith is the closest thing to a player this team lost, due to unusual circumstances, and accordingly got it's knees chopped out from under them when it happened...namely, one cool cat who i loved named slim.

we have a much better WR in AJ green, who's consistently getting blanketed, than the guy who slim took pressure off of... chad johnson.

go back in time and remember what slim did to opposing defenses...how big of a factor he was on plays, even when he wasn't being thrown the ball to.

get me some devin smith. he has those same "slim type" capabilities to even out the coverages. and if you don't respect his abilities to make a play on the deep ball, yeah, we've seen some of that beauty in the past too and how it affects games!

Again, I'm not saying Smith is not a better prospect. But keep in mind, a lot of people see Devin as a 1 trick pony. Prior to this year Devin had a lot of drops. And Moore had solid years under Hue. Who has been Moore's QB the last 3 years?

My other point is, with Moore on the roster would Devin make more sense, or Lockett, who brings a different skill set. I'm not saying don't take a WR because of Moore, but take a guy who brings something different to the table.

Again, I'm not saying Smith is not a better prospect. But keep in mind, a lot of people see Devin as a 1 trick pony. Prior to this year Devin had a lot of drops. And Moore had solid years under Hue. Who has been Moore's QB the last 3 years?

and at some point prior to this year, you used to shit and piss your pants on a regular basis. so how about we judge devin smith's drops on the same basis we assume you still shit your pants?

and at some point prior to this year, you used to shit and piss your pants on a regular basis. so how about we judge devin smith's drops on the same basis we assume you still shit your pants?

me too.. That's why I had to quit drinking so much..

:ph34r:

My other point is, with Moore on the roster would Devin make more sense, or Lockett, who brings a different skill set. I'm not saying don't take a WR because of Moore, but take a guy who brings something different to the table.

you have finally entered a realm of more logical discussion. congratulations for finally getting there. 

i see it like this... devin smith brings more mismatch advantages, and accordingly is seen as a higher prospect than lockett, mainly due to his physicality, size, and speed difference and his ability to win on the deep ball. he's unique that way in this draft. when you base your decision making between the two upon moore, it muddies the conversation, because i quite honestly don't see him as a factor in the conversation between the two. moore's at best a #6 WR, who i doubt will even make the team due to fact that his poor hands have created a bad resume for himself. both devon smith and tyler locket should garner more respect for their speed. they both play at a mid 4.3 level, despite what they timed in drills.

so don't be so all over the board in discussing this stuff, ok? i'd hope like hell the coaching staff isn't being that irrational in their considerations!

edit:  if my disagreements with jason's topic here leads to the wrong impression, please dismiss that assumption. despite his consistently more conservative evaluations than mine, i value his pre draft prognostications perhaps as highly as any offered from this board... and he's developed that through time!

If Shelton is there at #21, I hope we snag him!  The 5.46 40 yard dash doesn't mean squat

really.  I mean, how many times does a NT/DT have to run 40 yards?  

I know Marvin has stated that this years 1st round pick won't necessarily play at all this

year but if Shelton fell to #21 he'd be HARD to pass up!  He would be a plug and play

defender for sure.  He could take Peko's spot without a doubt and save us 3+ million

to put towards next year's FA's.  

Last years #21 pick got a 4 year contract for $8.338 million with $4.384 million guaranteed.

I don't know how much it'll go up this year but even if it's 20%, that's $10,005,600 for 4 years

with $5,260,000 guaranteed.  

That's one of our weak spots, (in my opinion) someone beside Geno, besides Linebacker on

defense and in my opinion, there isn't a true 4-3 LB that's worthy of the #21 pick.  

I can see going with the "best available Tackle" though with Whitworth and Smith being FA's

next year.  

If Shelton is there at #21, I hope we snag him!  The 5.46 40 yard dash doesn't mean squat

really.  I mean, how many times does a NT/DT have to run 40 yards?  

I know Marvin has stated that this years 1st round pick won't necessarily play at all this

year but if Shelton fell to #21 he'd be HARD to pass up!  He would be a plug and play

defender for sure.  He could take Peko's spot without a doubt and save us 3+ million

to put towards next year's FA's.  

Last years #21 pick got a 4 year contract for $8.338 million with $4.384 million guaranteed.

I don't know how much it'll go up this year but even if it's 20%, that's $10,005,600 for 4 years

with $5,260,000 guaranteed.  

That's one of our weak spots, (in my opinion) someone beside Geno, besides Linebacker on

defense and in my opinion, there isn't a true 4-3 LB that's worthy of the #21 pick.  

I can see going with the "best available Tackle" though with Whitworth and Smith being FA's

next year.  

I'd be pretty happy if Shelton was the pick and definitely could see us grabbing him at 21.

Pointed out the 5.6 as one of the reasons that I think he is sliding a little bit in terms of perceived value. Most of the DTs who have gone top 20 in recent years ran 5.0 or better (guys like Dontari Poe, Aaron Donald, etc.) and because of that speed/burst added something to the mix as interior pass rushers. Shelton has a little more limited skill set like Vince Wilfork. You might remember that Wilfork was mocked to go in the top 10-15 but ended up sliding to pick #21 back in the 2004 draft. (We had #17 originally but traded down and ended up at #26 and took Chris Perry. :suicide:  )

you have finally entered a realm of more logical discussion. congratulations for finally getting there. 

i see it like this... devin smith brings more mismatch advantages, and accordingly is seen as a higher prospect than lockett, mainly due to his physicality, size, and speed difference and his ability to win on the deep ball. he's unique that way in this draft. when you base your decision making between the two upon moore, it muddies the conversation, because i quite honestly don't see him as a factor in the conversation between the two. moore's at best a #6 WR, who i doubt will even make the team due to fact that his poor hands have created a bad resume for himself. both devon smith and tyler locket should garner more respect for their speed. they both play at a mid 4.3 level, despite what they timed in drills.

so don't be so all over the board in discussing this stuff, ok? i'd hope like hell the coaching staff isn't being that irrational in their considerations!

edit:  if my disagreements with jason's topic here leads to the wrong impression, please dismiss that assumption. despite his consistently more conservative evaluations than mine, i value his pre draft prognostications perhaps as highly as any offered from this board... and he's developed that through time!

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get Devin Smith.  I just wonder if the Bengals would do it.  Moore isn't the only guy on the team with a similar skill set.  A guy like Lockett brings a different skill set.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get Devin Smith.  I just wonder if the Bengals would do it.  Moore isn't the only guy on the team with a similar skill set.  A guy like Lockett brings a different skill set.

I think you are being way too general here. Just because a guy runs a 4.4 and is 6 feet tall doesn't mean he has same skill set. Check out this as one example of some of the little things Smith does that separates him in a big way from the guys you're talking about:

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2015/04/16/rsp-film-room-no-41-wr-devin-smith/

Hey happyrid - what about TE assessment?  Curious about your opinions on this but we have a need.  Probably later round selection but what are your thoughts on the candidates based on Bengals TE blocking needs?  I don't know squat about the TE pool.

Archived