WR

Doral Green-Beckham

Jaelen Strong

Devin Funchess

Devin Smith

Tyler Lockett

Can McKinney or perry man cover?

McKinney from Nfl.com draft profile

Potential liability against the pass. Looks stiff when asked to cover in space and gives away too much separation to routes in his area in zone coverage.

Perryman from the same

Lacks coverage traits and is a liability in man coverage

Gotta go Maxx Williams if he's there. We need a TE. I don't think all of our eggs are in the Tyler Eifert basket

He might be the best value pick. Seems to be a Heath Miller type--always open and catches everything thrown to him. He was Minnesota's go-to on offense. But I know the Bengals want primarily a blocker, so who knows?

Paul Dawson is my top guy. We need a linebacker. I would also not be surprised if its Eric Rowe.  Marvin had a private workout with him.  DGB would probably get me very excited as well but I don't think he's making it to 53.

Marvin: "Tell me about this guy."

Scout: "Big, fast, runs like the wind, great football instincts. Will improve whichever team drafts him as soon as the card is turned in."

Marvin: "Is he in an iron lung?"

Scout: "What? No."

Marvin: "Is he dying?"

Scout: "...what the fuck, coach, no, he's a healthy living human being."

Marvin: "Cross him off. Don't want him. Find me a guy where a safe just fell on his head. That's the kind of player we need - the one who might help, someday. Maybe get an HBO Real Sports profile out of it. Bonus points if he has tuberculosis. Shoo. Get on out of here, find my guy."

Something interesting to note is that Hobson has mentioned a couple times in recent days that the decision the Bengals face in the 2nd round might come down to an instant impact TE vs. a really speedy WR. 

Basically, if you want a legit all-around TE talent, there are only a couple in this draft and they aren't going to make it to 85. However, the same is kind of the case in terms of legit instant impact deep threats at WR. I think he said explicitly that those guys are usually scooped up by end of 2nd. 

And that analysis makes a lot of sense to me. To put names to it, you're probably talking about Maxx Williams/Clive Walford vs. Tyler Lockett/Devin Smith. 

I'm leaning towards WR being both the bigger need and the better value if guys like Lockett and/or Smith are still there at 53.

Scout: "Big, fast, runs like the wind, great football instincts. Will improve whichever team drafts him as soon as the card is turned in."

Marvin: "Cross him off. Don't want him. Find me a guy where a safe just fell on his head. That's the kind of player we need - the one who might help, someday. Maybe get an HBO Real Sports profile out of it. Bonus points if he has tuberculosis. Shoo. Get on out of here, find my guy."

This is awesome!

that's funny as hell. What sucks is that it's kinda true.

Marvin:  Does the guy have any chance of playing this year?

Scout: What?  Of course.

Marvin:  Don't want him.

Archived