HOA to Chad Johnson: Pay Your Dues or We’ll Get Your Home!

EXCLUSIVE — HOA to Chad Johnson: Pay Your Dues or We’ll Get Your Home!

May 18, 2015

by 

montreal_johnson.jpg

Chad Johnson, facing foreclosure in Davie (Montreal Alouettes photo)

flag-exclusive1.pngFORT LAUDERDALE — The Canadian dollar losing ground against the U.S. currency doesn’t bode well for former Miami Dolphins receiver Chad Johnson.

The ball catcher formerly known as Ochocinco, who’s toiling in the ball parks for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League, could lose his $1.3 million home in Davie if his development’s HOA has its way.

Records show Johnson, 37, bought a place in the Long Lake Ranches section of the cowboy town in 2005.

However, the same records show he hasn’t been paying his dues on a regular basis.

This time around, the HOA claims Johnson hasn’t been paying the $390-a-month dues since July. He’s behind by $3,503.

Interest is accruing at 18 percent a year, and the HOA filed a foreclosure action last week.

By the way, the average salary in the CFL, which starts play next month, is $85,000 a season.

http://www.gossipextra.com/2015/05/18/chad-johnson-montreal-aloutettes-foreclosure-davie-4806/

Pretty sure it depends on the HOA agreement. I have heard of this kind of thing happening.

I'm sure you're right but that sounds pretty extreme.

Probably depends on how much the HOA dues are.

I live in a condo and know the association has placed a lien on at

least one person's condo for not paying the dues.

Archived