** My MLB All Star Game Trip ** - Had a blast...was on TV, etc.

GoBengals

I spent the last 8-9 days in Cincinnati, sorry to the ohio friends i didnt get a chance to see, we kept pretty busy with family visits and baseball stuff..

Crazy week.

Thursday: My sister has broncos club season tickets, they invited kids to do a football camp at the broncos dove valley facility, it is amazing, kids had a blast, a few players were there, mascot, cheerleaders, etc.. we went to that until 2, packed, up, and hit the road, drove to KC that night, got in around midnight.

Friday: Woke up, drove to STL, met up with our in laws for lunch, hit the road to Cinci, got into Mason around 6:30pm, got some sweet Cincinnati foods.

Saturday: Fanfest at the convention center. This was a blast, i made a horrible mistake on the autograph events, didnt realize when it opened, and we missed all the good ones, but the kids got to do fast pitch, base running, home run derby, shop for stuff, etc. Great afternoon. got some food after, and hit the hotel pool and rested the rest of the night.

Sunday: This was Big Red Machine autograph day at the cincy2015.com autograph event in northern kentucky convention center. Went and got a Bat and Print signed by bench, a bat and ball by Joe Morgan, and a Bat by tony perez, and my pete rose print replacement since my kids bent the other one. I was browsing through the booths, awesome booth by asportsgallery.com in west chester there, awesome guys from cincyshirts.com were there. and I met and talked to Ickey Woods, he was doing a booth for the Woods foundation for his son, signing things for donations, etc. He had the Dirty Dancing ickey woods movie size poster, i couldnt believe it, i had been looking for that poster for years in full size. So i bought two, had him sign them in gold, one for me and one for a friends... great guy, i donated $80 to his foundation. My kids got to meet 4 baseball greats and reds hall of famers, great day. Went and got some food at Larosas, and headed to the future stars all star game and celebrity softball game. The futures game was boring as all hell, the celebrity softball game was hilarious and a really good time (yes i was one of them), whole family had a blast, just good family fun.

Monday: My friend wanted to go to the Mike & Mike show broadcasting live event downtown, so we got up at 3am, went to wait in line at 4am, and had a breakfast buffet and watched mike and mike broadcast live, posted some pics below. This was also 1990 world series players day at the autograph event in NKY, went down with a friend and his wife, he got Jenny Finch to sign a photo my wife took at the celeb softball game, she got a larkin ball, and i got larkin to sign my print(photos below). All had a good time, big crowds both days, we hit the road, i needed to sleep, as it was home run Derby Night. Got a nap in and my oldest, Ian, and I went to the home run derby. Got in like about 1.5 hrs before the gates opened, he wanted to get autohaphs, the media sucked big time and set up gear near the wall where you would normally get autographs.. screwed almost everyone.. the derby was AMAZING, one of the most, if not THE most exciting event i have ever been to. Great excited crowd, hometown guy won, drama, excitement, etc.. Worth every penny, and boy did i spend SEVERAL pennies on those damn tickets.. totally worth it. we were in left field, right by the foul pole, on TV several times, screen shot below..

Tuesday: We went to breakfast as a family, went to a few shops my wife wanted to go to, and then my youngest, Carson, and I went to the all star game, lined up 1.5 hrs before the gates opened, luckily 3rd baseline gate which was under cover because it POURED rain while we were in line, as soon as the gates opened, we RAN to the third baseline, and ended up getting 1 autograph, Betences, yankees pitcher, before the media, once again, screwed everyone over with equipment in the way.. The game was great, good fans, great opening ceremony, great to see Pete out there on the field, etc. The first batter comes up, Trout, hits a home run to right field, where we are sitting, it goes under my kids chair, it hit the guy in front of us first, he turned around and grabbed it, photo of me reaching for ball below. Good game, lame outcome, but it was a blast, great to attend. 

Wednesday/Thursday: wife has photo shoots in Zanesville and Cincy, drove all over the place, only bright spot was hitting asportsgallery.com and buying some all star banners and my autograph tickets for Joey Votto event next month, we also went to Sports INvestments in Montgomery, where i bought a penny hardaway and a deion sanders(reds) autographed photos, both are very hard to find, and man i love this shop, i recomend going there and drooling over it.. some is collection not for sale and some is for sale... great store. 

Friday: Took the kids to Kings Island, then were going to go to the reds game, but weather was shit, so we went to dinner and a movie with good friends and their kids..

Saturday: tried to fit all of our shit into the car, bought 20 4 packs of skyline, frischs tartar sauce, etc, went to breakfast, and hit the road,drove to Topeka, KS. 

Sunday: drove home. got speeding ticket like 30 miles from home.

Today: tired as fuck

[attachment=1771:Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 11.23.09 AM.png]

Thats me behind the blue shirt guy, wearing a black polo, on the isle, centered in the photo.my son standing on seat next to me in grey Votto jersey

[attachment=1772:Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 11.24.19 AM.png]

Thats me in Red hat next to neon yellow dudes, reaching down for the ball.

[attachment=1774:IMG_0897.JPG]

[attachment=1775:IMG_0902.JPG]

[attachment=1777:IMG_0822.JPG]

[attachment=1778:IMG_0843.JPG]

[attachment=1779:IMG_0853.JPG]

[attachment=1776:IMG_0912.JPG]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived