Bengals bring back Greg Little

I'm one of very few that like the move. With a full training camp under his belt and some experience with the team already everyone could benefit from it. Little has the size and just needs to work on his hands a little more.

most likely..

Dude just isn't that good and has had problems catching the ball his whole career...

most likely..

Dude just isn't that good and has had problems catching the ball his whole career...

What I don't quite understand is how he's managed to have a "whole career" when he's consistently had problems doing the one thing in his job title.

There's not exactly a huge crop of accomplished guys out there. Sounds like they were looking for a guy to play outside the hashes instead of a slot guy. He has a leg up because he knows at least a little bit of the playbook.  I imagine we are going to grab a guy on waivers after cuts have been made so this will be a short stay.

What I don't quite understand is how he's managed to have a "whole career" when he's consistently had problems doing the one thing in his job title.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ..... Teams keep thinking/hoping he will finally get it...

There's not exactly a huge crop of accomplished guys out there. Sounds like they were looking for a guy to play outside the hashes instead of a slot guy. He has a leg up because he knows at least a little bit of the playbook.  I imagine we are going to grab a guy on waivers after cuts have been made so this will be a short stay.

Agree not much out there but in my opinion James jones has proven alot more than little and should have been signed.

I'm choosing to be hopeful about Little.  Partly, that's because I don't have much choice.  But also...

1) he's hella physical in the run game, and with what will clearly be even more emphasis there this year (thank you Jeremy Hill!), it makes sense to have some meaty downfield blocking (Sanu and Marvin Jones can bring it but that's about all we have now).

2) The guy had 2000+ yards in 3 seasons in CLE. They basically swapped him out with another guy who's been known for his dropsies, Cobi Hamilton.  The team knows both guys very well and they clearly wanted Little over Cobi.

3) Little came here in October, without any real chance to grasp the playbook.  He may be Jerome Simpson, but he might also be someone like Reggie Nelson who can find new life when fully embraced by a new team.

4) He's extremely physical and athletic. I really liked him coming out, and was jealous in one or two of the games against us when he did what Trent Richardson was doing running the ball - running over us.

Obviously, he's still a long shot, and a case of the drops is easily my least favorite quality for a WR, but I'm going to hope for the best...

(do I really have a choice?)

I'm choosing to be hopeful about Little.  Partly, that's because I don't have much choice.  But also...

1) he's hella physical in the run game, and with what will clearly be even more emphasis there this year (thank you Jeremy Hill!), it makes sense to have some meaty downfield blocking (Sanu and Marvin Jones can bring it but that's about all we have now).

2) The guy had 2000+ yards in 3 seasons in CLE. They basically swapped him out with another guy who's been known for his dropsies, Cobi Hamilton.  The team knows both guys very well and they clearly wanted Little over Cobi.

3) Little came here in October, without any real chance to grasp the playbook.  He may be Jerome Simpson, but he might also be someone like Reggie Nelson who can find new life when fully embraced by a new team.

4) He's extremely physical and athletic. I really liked him coming out, and was jealous in one or two of the games against us when he did what Trent Richardson was doing running the ball - running over us.

Obviously, he's still a long shot, and a case of the drops is easily my least favorite quality for a WR, but I'm going to hope for the best...

(do I really have a choice?)

+10

I'm one of very few that like the move. With a full training camp under his belt and some experience with the team already everyone could benefit from it. Little has the size and just needs to work on his hands a little more.

Considering it's you,  we should have known that you would endore Greg Little,  Brownie..:D

But I get that he's camp fodder.   Same with Sanantonio Holmes,  fractured foot and all.   Why else would we even be looking at either of those two anyway?

Good to see you brotha.

I like the move too. I remember you and I were kind of sort of Little fans last season. I still think he has ability. Then again, I am Queen Bee of the J Gresh fan club, so I have a natural attraction to retarded people.

I think let him compete. 4th roster spot should be his easily. We don't have much talent at WR guys. Rub your rabbit feet and say your prayers that our top 3 stay healthy.

I think if he is given a real shot..
Hes on what? 5th year? Not uncommon for a breakout season. He's what? 27. He just needs reps IMO

Archived