Michael Johnson carted from field.

MJ had 11.5 sacks in 2012 and tons of QB pressures in both '12 and '13.

The Bengals finished 3rd in sacks in 2012 and 10th in 2013.  Both of those years MJ played more snaps than any other D-lineman on the team.

He may not be a "savior", but he will provide a major upgrade to our pass rush.  Anyone who does not realize that is delusional.

People are stupid to think mj won't greatly help the d line. It means 99 can come in and help wear the o line out instead of playing all the snaps. Him being healthy means depth which is a lot more than just his talent alone.

I think you meant to say delusional.   "People are delusional....."      That seems to be the current theme going on.

As for the topic, it sucks MJ will miss time but hopefully he will heal nicely and upgrade the position that declined badly the year he was in Tampa.

If it is a MCL Sprain I imagine hell be out only a few weeks, probably starts regular season.

As far as his contribution, still think many on here overrate him, but he isnt a scrub either. What he hopefully will do is let Gillberry come off the bench more and have a better impact as a rotational guy.

I would have tried to make Fairley the big offseason get rather than MJ but MJ can come in and be the 2nd best DE we have.

I would have tried to make Fairley the big offseason get rather than MJ but MJ can come in and be the 2nd best DE we have.

Fairley has a lot of talent, but he has never played up to his potential.  Throw in the fact that he has never played a full 16 game season and has some criminal history and he becomes a big question mark.

Saw an article on PFT that he'll be out 4 weeks.  Grade 2 MCL sprain.  Let Will Clarke have MJ's reps,

he could use all the experience he can get!  I'm kind of excited to see what he can do.  He beefed up 

to a little over 290 lbs. during the off season.  He was buried behind the others last year.  I'm about 

"over" the Margus Hunt project myself! 

Fairley has a lot of talent, but he has never played up to his potential.  Throw in the fact that he has never played a full 16 game season and has some criminal history and he becomes a big question mark.

I'd argue that he is still better at his position than MJ is at his.

Archived