Fantasy Football 2015

The last 2 or 3 seasons I have played in a couple of Fantasy Leagues with folks on

this board.  If I remember correctly, Nastinati started them.  I tried to find some emails

from it from last year but I must have deleted all of them.  I checked all 3 personal email

accounts I have and nothing.  

I was just wondering if him or someone else was going to be starting any leagues.  Not a pay

league but a free one.  

Thanks

Hope so, that's the only reason I keep my yahoo account active.

The last 2 or 3 seasons I have played in a couple of Fantasy Leagues with folks on

this board.  If I remember correctly, Nastinati started them.  I tried to find some emails

from it from last year but I must have deleted all of them.  I checked all 3 personal email

accounts I have and nothing.  

I was just wondering if him or someone else was going to be starting any leagues.  Not a pay

league but a free one.  

Thanks

we just re-upped one today:

https://yho.com/nfl?l=867940&k=1e197983d24a19e7&ikey=f3aff645f482e617

I'm in... I think.  Is this the league y'all are talking about:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/867940/

With an 8pm ET (5pm PT) draft on Weds 9/2?

If so, is there ANY possibility of slipping the draft 30 minutes?  I'm happy to be Team #12 and help round out things, but I fear an autodraft full of kickers, defenses, and Browns.

I'm in... I think.  Is this the league y'all are talking about:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/867940/

With an 8pm ET (5pm PT) draft on Weds 9/2?

If so, is there ANY possibility of slipping the draft 30 minutes?  I'm happy to be Team #12 and help round out things, but I fear an autodraft full of kickers, defenses, and Browns.

yep that's us.  I'll work on getting a time that works well for everyone.

I would prefer it not be Sunday night, Monday night, or Thursday night.  With my wife's current work schedule Sunday and Monday are the only days we get to see each other and I have something going on Thursday night.

I would prefer it not be Sunday night, Monday night, or Thursday night.  With my wife's current work schedule Sunday and Monday are the only days we get to see each other and I have something going on Thursday night.

As for me, I'm drafting in another league Sunday night, but the rest of the week is open.  As long as it's after 8pm (or 8:30pm on Wednesday), I'm golden.  If it has to be 8pm on Wednesday, I can auto-pick until I get across town to Casa de Amish.

I guess Im late to the party, but where's this years league? Shouldnt last years members have gotten an auto invite? I went to the links above but theyre all filled up. Oh well, I guess if anybody drops out give me a holler.

let me get back to you.  There was another interested as well but at this point we have to add 2 to stay on an even number.

While we're peppering the Commish with questions:

Are we drafting Wednesday night at 8:30 ET or has another preferred time been settled upon.  I only ask because the site still reflects the original date/time.  Also, I know we're uncertain about the # of teams, but will the draft order be pre-generated and released before the draft or will it be revealed 15-30 minutes before we start?

Not sure I liked how tonight's draft played out.  When everyone rushed to get QBs early, I was forced to pick up value at other spots and wait to grab the #12 (and hopefully #13) QB off the board.  I'm expecting a big year from Tannehill and was zeroing in on taking him in the 9th or 10th (I forget which), but someone grabbed him as a backup a couple of picks before me.  And with everyone else left being of inferior quality, I postponed my QB selection again.  Unfortunately, I hadn't forseen anyone taking Tannehill then and was unprepared to make an alternate selection, so I rushed and took Devonta Freeman as my 5th RB.  (We only start 2, and all of my first 4 RBs have byes on different weeks).

That was a wasted pick.

I ended up with Bridgewater, who might do much better than where I got him (as the 16th overall QB taken), but my choices for backup QB (Rivers, Kaepernick) both went right before my next pick, so I delayed AGAIN and ended up with Mariota (yuck!)

But the big disappointment came near the end.  Why on earth does anyone tie-up a roster spot for a backup Defense?!?  I hadn't taken any, and was certain to get Denver (#7 on my board), San Francisco (#11) or Carolina (#13).  All three went before I could get in, so I ended up taking Detroit at the end.  Guess I'll be streaming Defenses this year - again.  Lol.

The Fightin' Amish look like this:

QB: Bridgewater (11), Mariota (14)
RB: Anderson/CJ (1), Forsett (2), Ivory (7), Blount (8), Freeman (10)
WR: Hopkins (3), Watkins (5), Jackson/V (6), Smith/To (9), Randle (13)
TE: Olsen (4)
PK: Crosby (12)
DEF: Lions (15)

The Analysis of my team at FootballGuys.com pretty much confirms what I'm thinking.... QB is a weak spot for me:

In a competitive league, almost every team has a weakness. It's almost impossible to build a team that is strong at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and wide receiver). As you probably suspect, we perceive your weakness to be at the quarterback position. Of all the deficiencies to have though, this is usually the easiest one to mask.

So although this team isn't perfect (few are), it should still be a strong contender.

Bottom line:
* With great inseason management, we think you have about a 85 percent chance of making the playoffs.
* With good inseason management, we think you have about a 75 percent chance of making the playoffs. <--- this is where I feel I am
* With average inseason management, we think you have a 64 percent chance of making the playoffs.

QB Summary:

We have Teddy Bridgewater rated #14 among quarterbacks, so we're not even sold on him as a fantasy starter in your league. And we're not sure that Marcus Mariota (our #24-rated QB) is likely to provide much help.

However, these two have a pretty nice combined schedule and a good-looking playoff schedule too. If you simply played the one with the better matchup each week, this is the schedule you'd face:  SF | CLE | SD | DEN | BUF | KC | ATL | CHI | NO | OAK | GB | OAK | JAX | NYJ | CHI | NYG

(That merged schedule is why I took Mariota over Dalton or Flacco... I don't care which QB starts, I just want them to get me average production against sub-average defenses on a weekly basis.  In the eight weeks from Week 8 to Playoff Week 1, I have 4 games where one of my QBs is playing Chicago or Oakland.  And 2 of the other 4 are against Jacksonville or the Jets.  Nice playoff kick potential there!)

RB Summary:

Nice work here. We like both your starting running backs, as our projections indicate that they give you a combined 2.5 point-per-game advantage over an average opponent in this league. Our projections have C.J. Anderson ranked at #3 and Justin Forsett ranked at #10.

Your bench also looks good. We love Chris Ivory as a third running back. Since you're strong at the position, you probably don't absolutely need to roster more than three players here. Of your remaining guys, we like LeGarrette Blount the best.

WR Summary:

Your starting receivers should, as a unit, be adequate but not great. In particular we like Sammy Watkins as a second WR. DeAndre Hopkins is our ninth ranked WR, Watkins is #16, and we have Vincent Jackson 19th.  Your bench looks good and should help offset the unexciting starting unit. Torrey Smith looks great as a fourth receiver. Rueben Randle will also be among the best WR5s in the league.

TE Summary:

As you are well aware, Greg Olsen is an elite tight end. We have him ranked third overall at the position. He's about 1.2 points per game better than an average starting TE in this league. Given your league rules and the presence of Olsen, your decision to roll with just one tight end is a reasonable one.

Fortunately, I was able to arrange my TE, PK and DEF to have different bye weeks, so when I decide to remove Freeman from the roster, I will use that spot to stream backups at those three positions.  I don't want to expose Olsen (BYE/5) to the wire, Crosby (Bye/7) should be a top-5 kicker so unless he has early issues I won't expose him to the wire either, and the Lions (Bye/9) seem to be expendable right now but I have the luxury of waiting to see if that's the case.  If they are, then I don't even need to use a streaming backup slot for them, I'll just drop them and add a team that does NOT have a week 9 bye and use the slot that gets freed up to add depth at another position (you know, in case of injuries) or to stash a 3rd QB on my QBBC Wheel Of Mystery!

Archived