Practice Squad

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/9/6/9268985/cincinnati-bengals-2015-practice-squad-announced 

Don't know how reliable this is from another website.  Not sure if this violates something either.  Looks like we kept everyone (for the most part) if true.

Bengals.com has the same list, so its official.  Shocked nobody picked up a couple of those guys, but very happy we were able to keep them.  Nice squad.

Bengals.com has the same list, so its official.  Shocked nobody picked up a couple of those guys, but very happy we were able to keep them.  Nice squad.

I was a little worried that Williams and Watson might not make it to the P.S.  Good news so far if they

all make it there.  I don't think anything can be declared "official" though until 4 p.m. Monday if I'm not

mistaken.  

Michael Bennett was a small surprise to me.  I really thought that after last year's WR injury debacle that we'd keep him in the stable.  What I don't know is if that knee was causing him any pain or swelling.

With the mess at WR in Chicago, perhaps his agent could steer him there.

Off topic, but when did it done that the Practice Squad was increased from 8 to 10?   Glad that a lot of people we like are on the squad, even ones that have shown a little something something in the preseason.     

That happened last August.  I think they also changed the eligibility criteria a bit.

It usually happens either right after waivers (ala DeDe Dorsey), or when injuries wreck some position elsewhere.  My guess is that right after the draft, when teams are competing to sign all the UDFA's, they research theses guys and then keep them on radar.  Terrell Watson, for instance, after running up a zillion records for college yardage at Asuza-Pacific, was definitely on more UDFA target boards than just ours.

True.  But a PS player can be plucked onto a 53 man roster at any time.

Yeah, but it doesn't happen much at all. I don't think anyone on our PS is really a good candidate to step in right away and help another team except for Troy Hill and James Wilder Jr.

I believe, under the new CBA, if Team A claims a player from Team B's Practice Squad, that player must be activated an placed on the 53-man roster for the immediately following game.  This was to prevent teams from poaching players from each other's Squads and to allow teams to go ahead and share playbook and offensive/defensive signals and calls with their Practice Squad players with confidence that the info wouldn't be raided by another team.

Somehow, I suspect the Patriots were behind this as well.

Archived