The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Seahawks

I'm still a little steamed that the refs didn't flag Seattle for an illegal shift during their final offensive play of regulation.  They had a receiver in motion from left to right when the halfback began to also move.  The WR set, the RB didn't, and Seattle snapped the ball.  Even though we took the play and forced 4th down, the clock would've stopped.  It would've added 15 seconds to the clock and saved us a Time Out.   We could've ended the game then and there rather than tie and force OT.

But still - that's small potatoes compared to the win!

The Good

- Dalton, playing like an elite QB to take this game away from the Seahawks.

- Eifert showing why the Bengals drafted him, even with "stud" Gresham on the roster.

- Defense stepping up in a HUGE way in 4th and especially overtime.  I've watched a bunch of Seahawks games the past couple of years (my son is a fan) and Wilson almost always runs on people.  I don't know what Guenther put in to prevent that, but it worked.

- I've been thinking the past couple of seasons that although we see the coaching buffoonery at times from the Bengals, it really never comes from Darrin Simmons.  That was amazing that they got that tying kick off so comfortably, great job.

- Bengals in general shutting up the idiot announcers who said "a dominant performance by the Seahawks", and way too early.  Yeah, the scoreboard said that but you were *watching the game*.  Two bad plays by the Bengals were the difference, not "dominance" by the Seahawks!

The Bad

- I know we're all happy that Nuge made the two clutch kicks, but he was hooking everything; I'm still nervous about him.

- Linebacker play was painful until late in the game, and the play of the D-line likely masked the failures there.  Tez can't get back soon enough (and please coach Dawson to a point he can contribute, please!)

The Ugly

- I won't put in any uglies today because winning that way really puts a nail in a lot of questions about the resilience of this team.  Great job.

What a day... Still amazed at the comeback...

Beautiful:

5-0

4th quarter/OT..the whole team

Good:

Dalton..minus a couple throws..but that 4th quarter was masterful

Adam Jones..such a player

Huber

Nuge

Eifert

Bad:

Linebackers

Ugly:

me when it was 24-7

Refs

Seattle being a dirty team

Tate... ugh.. 

Good - Dalton showed some serious heart in the 4th quarter and OT.  In previous years

I think he probably folds.  The OL was having a hard time protecting his ass and they couldn't

run block for shit today, minus the few times Gio was able to squeak through some very small

running lanes but that was probably more Gio than the OL.  Dalton put this team on his back and

carried them/willed them to an awesome win!!  

Bad - OL play wasn't that great today.  They better tighten that shit up too because Buffalo is

up next and their front 4 is NO joke!  

Ugly - AmishBengalFan is kicking my ass in fantasy football today 102-67 as of right now

and I could give 2 shits!!  haha

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!

That doesn't sound right but ok, Rich.  Meaning us or any AFCN team? 

Any.  The AFC North was established in 2002 after the Houston Toxins brought the league to a full 32.  AFCN starts for each team since then:

2002: CLE 0-1*, PIT 0-2**, BAL 0-2, CIN 0-7 
2003: PIT 1-0, BAL 0-1**, CLE 0-2, CIN 0-3
2004: PIT 1-0**, CLE 1-0, BAL 0-1, CIN 0-1
2005: CIN 4-0**, PIT 2-0*, CLE 0-1, BAL 0-2
2006: BAL 4-0**, CIN 3-0, PIT 1-0, CLE 0-3
2007: PIT 3-0**, CIN 1-0, BAL 0-1, CLE 0-1
2008: PIT 2-0**, BAL 2-0*, CLE 0-3, CIN 0-8
2009: BAL 3-0*, PIT 1-0, CIN 0-1**, CLE 0-4
2010: PIT 3-0**, BAL 1-0*, CIN 0-1, CLE 0-3
2011: BAL 1-0**, CIN 1-0*, PIT 0-1*, CLE 0-1
2012: BAL 1-0**, CIN 0-1*, PIT 0-1, CLE 0-5
2013: CIN 0-1**, BAL 0-1, CLE 0-2, PIT 0-4
2014: CIN 3-0*, PIT 1-0 **, BAL 0-1*, CLE 0-2

2015: CIN 5-0 (ongoing), CLE 0-1, PIT 0-1, BAL 0-3

** - Division Champion
* - Wild Card

Current start-of-season streaks:
CIN 8-0 (2014-15), PIT 0-1 (2015), BAL 0-5 (2013-15), CLE 0-26 (2005-15)

Interesting observation... except for ONE team ONE time, every AFC North team that has started the season 2-0 has made the playoffs, and every AFC North team that has started 3-0 has won the division.  The exception, the 3-0 2006 Bengals, who finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs, losing the very last game of the season, Sunday Night, in OT, against Pittsburgh, at PBS.  If Marv handles the clock better on the final drive and gets a few more yards, or if Shayne straightens out his kick at the end of regulation rather than pushing it right because he was rushed, we win the game and make the playoffs.

I miss Sis.  :):wub:

Good:

CQPphf4WUAAFO-A.jpg

Bad:

Refs trying to help the Seahawks out again with that BS fair catch call.  I don't think I've ever been more upset during a game than when the BS happened.  

Jeremy Hill-Whats going on Amigo???

Good (beautiful)  This team is learning how to win in different ways, overcome adversity and play with confidence against the best. Years past they folded on a game like this, but the key now is they are a team of winners here and in college. There is no more Bengals, just an awesome come from behind win. The deep DL rotation came through again. Andy taking the team on his back with gutsy play. Sanu/Jones stepping up when they shut down AJ. Eiefert with a probowl performance...this team is loaded on offense. Nuge coming through huge in the clutch. 

Damn proud of this team today.

Bad   Still need LBs to step up, OL in the first half and 3rd QTR was weak and penalties hurt us. Still need tackling practice and the blown coverage on the long TD pass needs fixed. Tate's KO returns...Dude, just cover it for a touch-back...risking a run back when the return blocking is not there is stupid.

Ugly   Not much but the refs, missed Dalton getting mugged, Witt's holding was bogus and Jones DID NOT call a fair catch, he never does...he was calling his guys to give him room.

This win might be the one we look back on as a turning point where a good Benbals team became a great Bengals team.

Like that asshole BB said, we are on to Buffalo :-0

Ugly: Our running game and our run defense, That HAS to get fixed. Our tackling in the middle of the field is still abysmal. We can't get Tez back soon enough. Also, our o-line had an off day for sure, but game ball to Dalton for sticking it out and not folding. Great comeback, great win. Just got back from the game with my oldest son, who motherfucking dey!?!?!?!?!?

OH YEAH. Sorry to harp, but Brandon fucking Tate has got to gtfo. That shit is inexcusable. Was it 3 KO returns he should have kneed? What's wrong with that dude? Bout to burn up the good will you got from last week's catch motherfucker

IIRC, didn't he do that a couple years ago? Basically it was what the coaching staff wanted him to do. But against the 'hawks? They have pretty decent special teams. (Sorry. I mostly lurk here but I thought about this after the 2nd run ot of the endzone).

IIRC, didn't he do that a couple years ago? Basically it was what the coaching staff wanted him to do. But against the 'hawks? They have pretty decent special teams. (Sorry. I mostly lurk here but I thought about this after the 2nd run ot of the endzone).

Makes me want to blame Simmons. But he had his squad ready for that FG at the end of regulation, so....meh.

And yeah, Dennard deserves more snaps> Kirk looked very slow today

Archived