Trade Hunt to Miami?

The coaches love this guy, ...it would have to be a high draft pick to get a deal done.  If no offer is made, ...then we'll cut someone else.

Also, ...I think Miami will have to make the offer because our coaches wouldn't consider making this trade.

It's Stacy Andrews all over again.

Margus Hunt has never done anything on the football field that would warrant a 7th round pick, let alone a 2nd rounder. There are better street free agents the Dolphins could pick up and not have to compensate us for it.

Margus Hunt has never done anything on the football field that would warrant a 7th round pick, let alone a 2nd rounder. There are better street free agents the Dolphins could pick up and not have to compensate us for it.

...and yet, ...our coaches love him, ...?...

Hunt has no trade value at this point, so the Bengals might as well hold on to him one more year in the hope that he FINALLY turns his ridiculous athletic ability into production on the field.  I don't think it is very likely at this point, but as long as he is on a Bengals roster I will root for him.

The coaches love this guy, ...it would have to be a high draft pick to get a deal done.  If no offer is made, ...then we'll cut someone else.

Also, ...I think Miami will have to make the offer because our coaches wouldn't consider making this trade.

It's Stacy Andrews all over again.

If the coaches loved him, they would activate him on game day.  They love his potential, but they clearly don't love the player he is today.

I also disagree with the Stacy Andrews comparison.  Andrews had 32 starts under his belt by the time he was Hunt's age and played well enough to attract a fat contract offer in free agency.  Hunt can't even perform well enough to get the team to activate him on game day, much less start or get a team to give up real value to acquire his services.

Archived