Lindsey Graham: 'There's a 9/11 coming'

Go Skins

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/15/politics/lindsey-graham-u-s-troops-9-11/index.html

Washington (CNN)  GOP presidential candidate Sen. Lindsey Graham warned Sunday that "there is a 9/11 coming" if the United States does not play a leading role in a ground war against ISIS.

In an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" Graham said he hopes France will invoke a NATO provision that would draw its allies into a war against ISIS.

"They should. The world should be at war with ISIL," the South Carolina senator said.

"I'm trying to protect America from another 9/11, and without American boots on the ground in Syria and Iraq, we're gonna get hit here at home," Graham said. "And if you don't understand that, you're not ready to be commander-in-chief in my view."

After what happened in Paris you don't think ISIS will try something here?  Especially with the refugees Obama wants to let in?

Want to and having a creditable threat....

Do you honestly think we dont have intelligence systems in place to prevent these things?

Further dont you think that any refugees we let in would be subject to a thorough background check?

After what happened in Paris you don't think ISIS will try something here?  Especially with the refugees Obama wants to let in?

I would rather endure another terrorist attack - which is likely to happen eventually regardless of immigration policy - than turn into a police state full of scared bigots.  The French themselves are actually increasing the number of refugees they're taking in.  Meanwhile we're over here pissing ourselves and talking about Obama like he's some all-powerful Emperor that can simply decide these things at whim.

Man, I like you, but that's some delusional shit.  My guess is you're more likely to have some crazy, young white guy "non-terrorist, lone wolf' to worry about than some suicide bomber terrorist.

You guys can't even entertain the idea that allowing a flow of refugees from the ISIS affected areas MAY let in some people that want to blow shit up? I think that's pretty naive. Also, Jaime, you mention intel and whatnot. You know damn well that human intel on people is always the most reliable sort and that we are severely lacking in that area. Satellites, drones, bombers and all that are great...until they're not. I'm not a fan of Graham AT ALL, but to discard the notion that it wouldn't be easy to infiltrate this country with suicide attackers is ridiculous. 

I agree with Kenneth that the likelihood of it being domestic based attackers is the more obvious scenario but that's no reason to not be diligent.

I don't want a police state but we are treading a very fine line here as well. I don't have any answers. All I know is that it's scary and I do agree with Graham on one thing...it's going to hit us here.

Whether or not you believe it's an actual outside threat coming at us or a perpetuated threat on the part of our government "creating" these threats to peel away our rights little by little is another story.

You guys can't even entertain the idea that allowing a flow of refugees from the ISIS affected areas MAY let in some people that want to blow shit up? I think that's pretty naive. Also, Jaime, you mention intel and whatnot. You know damn well that human intel on people is always the most reliable sort and that we are severely lacking in that area. Satellites, drones, bombers and all that are great...until they're not. I'm not a fan of Graham AT ALL, but to discard the notion that it wouldn't be easy to infiltrate this country with suicide attackers is ridiculous. 

I agree with Kenneth that the likelihood of it being domestic based attackers is the more obvious scenario but that's no reason to not be diligent.

I don't want a police state but we are treading a very fine line here as well. I don't have any answers. All I know is that it's scary and I do agree with Graham on one thing...it's going to hit us here.

Whether or not you believe it's an actual outside threat coming at us or a perpetuated threat on the part of our government "creating" these threats to peel away our rights little by little is another story.

They are being diligent.  It takes 18 to 24 months for a refugee to go thru the clearance program to get in the U.S.  Republicans are acting like they just pull up in a boat, and Obama says come on in, want a tour of the White House?  How about a couple of assault weapons and a suicide belt?  It's really stupid.

Remember, no matter what else you do.....to be afraid.  Fear anything and everything you can.  Everything is going to hurt you or kill you so let the politicians take away rights because it's good for us.  

And if you want to stop taking in refugees, stop destroying their countries.  Trust me, no Syrian wants to endure what the have to endure to simply be able to live their lives with a roof over their head.   I guarantee you they'd rather be in Damascus or Aleppo, living in their native land surrounded by family and friends.  But they can't because missiles destroyed their home.  They have to fight ISIS at home, and bigots everywhere else.  Feel horribly for Syrians.  

Mentalities like Jason and Bunghole make me sick and is counter to what humanity is.  Driven by media manufactured fear.  Disgusting views towards people who are being put into this position as a result of policy that 'people' like these 2 probably have supported as it involved killing of brown people.  Now that same policy is yielding the results it is and bigots want to turn their backs like they had no responsibility in any of this.  Fucking cowards.   

Media controls the minds.  That's a scary reality.  

Khat-

WTF man? I never once said "fuck the refugees, don't let them in here!". All I said was that there's nothing wrong with being cautious about allowing people from an ISIS ravaged area into our country. Groups like ISIS have a proven ability to be able to blend in with the populace and then pull some stuff like what they did in Paris.

I just don't want a repeat of what happened there to happen here. If that makes me a coward, then I'm cool with that.

Are you also as concerned about selling guns to white males so they won't shoot up a school, church or movie theatre?  Let's not sell guns to white males anymore because there may be a chance that one of them commits mass murder with it.   

People are saying "we should be more careful about who we let in".  First, more careful than what?  What's the reference point?  France?  It's long ago been established that the Paris shooters weren't refugees.  So again, what's the reference point? Second, don't you think there's a pretty extensive procedure involved considering it takes 18-24 months for approval?  2 years isn't 'being careful enough'?   If it's not, that's on the competence of those doing the checking.  

And lastly, if the world didn't want refugees, they shouldn't have destroyed Syria.  Any idea what it looks like today after being ravaged with bombs?   Of course not, we don't concern ourselves with the repercussions of our actions.   

Are you also as concerned about selling guns to white males so they won't shoot up a school, church or movie theatre?  Let's not sell guns to white males anymore because there may be a chance that one of them commits mass murder with it.   

People are saying "we should be more careful about who we let in".  First, more careful than what?  What's the reference point?  France?  It's long ago been established that the Paris shooters weren't refugees.  So again, what's the reference point? Second, don't you think there's a pretty extensive procedure involved considering it takes 18-24 months for approval?  2 years isn't 'being careful enough'?   If it's not, that's on the competence of those doing the checking.  

And lastly, if the world didn't want refugees, they shouldn't have destroyed Syria.  Any idea what it looks like today after being ravaged with bombs?   Of course not, we don't concern ourselves with the repercussions of our actions.   

I am concerned about anyone of ANY color, creed, religion buying guns if they're fucking CRAZY. Of course, that's a difficult mountain to climb to prove.

The reference point should probably be "more careful than we are with illegal immigrants that regularly cross our border every day" (many of whom also have nefarious intentions, but again...I don't offer or have any solutions because there are none, at least, none that are simple.

And lastly...didn't Syria kinda destroy itself before "the world" got involved and destroyed it further? IIRC the Syrian civil war started and was one of the main reasons ISIS moved into the power vacuum. 

Archived