Pats Broncos

You play for the #1 seed until you cant get the #1 seed.

The Pats just lost their #1 player in Gronk for likely a few weeks and are beat up. Nothing is certain yet.

Right. We don't need help to get the 2 seed, but we need help to get the 1 seed, so why not root for a team that can help with that?

Not a Pats fan but what a royal screw job.

Honestly, I know there was a general meltdown over the Houston/Arizona games outcome but if we stay healthy I don't care who we play. E can beat anyone, home or away

I coudn't stay up. What happened, if you don't mind reviewing? Was trying to get a report on the radio this morning, but Mike and Mike would only talk about Kobe.

You don't want the 1 seed because we might have to play the stealers? That's crazy talk. The thing I don't like about the scenario is that the stealers are in it at all.

I agree.  The other team that gives me the willies is the Texans.  They seem to be a nemasis for us and this year was simply a continuation, one of the reasons I felt uncomfortable going in to that game.  They made us look stupid in the playoffs once, I think we had lot to them earlier the same season.  But the Squeels are nothing but a bunch of cheap shot bitches starting with the coach. 

I agree.  The other team that gives me the willies is the Texans.  They seem to be a nemasis for us and this year was simply a continuation, one of the reasons I felt uncomfortable going in to that game.  They made us look stupid in the playoffs once, I think we had lot to them earlier the same season.  But the Squeels are nothing but a bunch of cheap shot bitches starting with the coach. 

True. 

Crazy talk wanting to avoid playing the team that has absolutely owned Marvin Lewis-coached teams at PBS?

Do you want to let them win the division so we can play them on their turf in the playoffs?

No seeding is set yet.  I'm all for trying to get the 1 as long as it is possible.

Do you want to let them win the division so we can play them on their turf in the playoffs?

No seeding is set yet.  I'm all for trying to get the 1 as long as it is possible.

Or maybe we can get the 1 seed and defer home field if we play the stealers.

Like you, I'm all for trying to get the #1 for as long as it is possible.  I just answered the "Broncos or Stealers in the divisional round at PBS?" question in an honest manner.  Since we have no way of knowing that situation will even exist, we're discussing a hypothetical.  An no, I'm no more a fan of playing them at the pig pen than at PBS.  Just don't want to play them any more than is necessary.  I get sick enough seeing them as it is.

We're 8-18 against them under Marvin and were 2-8 against them in the last ten and 4-13 in the last 17 entering this season.  In other words, our track record against them hasn't exactly been stellar.  Oh, and we're 5-20 against them in Cincinnati since 1991.  I'm having trouble seeing how anyone can laugh that off as no big deal and not be concerned.

Like you, I'm all for trying to get the #1 for as long as it is possible.  I just answered the "Broncos or Stealers in the divisional round at PBS?" question in an honest manner.  Since we have no way of knowing that situation will even exist, we're discussing a hypothetical.  An no, I'm no more a fan of playing them at the pig pen than at PBS.  Just don't want to play them any more than is necessary.

That I can understand.  But I would rather play them at home than the Pats in New England (unless maybe they are still Gronk-less).

Or before

There will be enough of the bastards there on the 13th to make my stomach turn. They probably bought theirs way in advance. 

At least playoffs are a crap shoot as to where/when that we have a reasonable opportunity to shut them out on attendance in January. Or at least to reduce the appearance of them being there.  

Aw, hell, go ahead.  I've been rooting for Stealer injuries ever since Kimo, or maybe going all way back to Keith Gary in '82.  I have no remorse.  Then again, I may have unwittingly ended Ki Jana's career or gotten Krumrie's leg broken in XXIII.

I've been rooting for plane crashes... 

Stealers in the playoffs is my first choice.      Can't change the past and since Paul Brown died the rivalry has been Steeler dominance.     But you can't rewrite new chapters in a rivalry without opportunity and beating them in the playoffs would be a heck of a score for the Bengals.

Reality is we are in the best regular season run in franchise history while nobody up there is going to remember these Steeler teams.   You are going to want the legacies of these current Bengals to have some memorable wins over the Stealers because they will be talked about favorably for a long time in this town.  Especially if they advance/win a Superbowl.

Archived