Wild Card injury discussion

I figure we could throw a bunch of information into one thread instead of creating new ones for each player.

Here's a link with the latest update on DeAngelo Williams - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000616819/article/deangelo-williams-suffered-sprained-ankle

Pretty big deal if he's going to be limited or out.

Hoping to hear good news on the Andy Dalton situation today.

Any other injury storylines to watch out for?

whoever the steelHers put out there at RB usually does a decent job .

i'm more worried about all their WR's .

The talent gap and amount of scheme changes necessary between DeAngelo Williams and Fitzgerald Toussaint is MUCH larger than what the difference was between Le'Veon Bell and Williams. We should really be hoping to see Toussaint out there on Saturday.

I'm probably more worried about the WRs as well, but those WRs are less scary when you can run a defensive gameplan that doesn't have to focus on an RB with the ability of a Bell or Williams.

DeAngelo has put up 200+ rushing/receiving yards along with a pair of scores against the Bengals D this season in 2 games. That's nothing to scoff at.

A back up RB to DeAngelo Williams COULD do well but it would be because the Bengals played more with a Safety or extra CB on the field vs. keeping Hawk, Rey, and Rey in to chase down Williams.

That's the biggest deal with potentially Williams being out.   He's still got enough wiggle and explosion to give our LBs fits and still try to chase down the Pitt weapons underneath.

The defense will need to work on closing windows underneath and limiting YAC.   

A back up RB to DeAngelo Williams COULD do well but it would be because the Bengals played more with a Safety or extra CB on the field vs. keeping Hawk, Rey, and Rey in to chase down Williams.

That's the biggest deal with potentially Williams being out.   He's still got enough wiggle and explosion to give our LBs fits and still try to chase down the Pitt weapons underneath.

The defense will need to work on closing windows underneath and limiting YAC.   

Yep, I'd love to see the Bengals be able to run out the extra DB packages more often and dare the 3rd string RB to rack up carries.

Pittsburgh has no depth on the o-line right now. They're depleted in that category. I can't see them taking chances with those guys, so I'm going to guess we won't be seeing a lot of passing plays that require them to hold for more than 3 seconds and really can't see them pounding the ball with a 3rd string developmental player at RB.

I'll be shocked if PItt doesn't come out with a gameplan that utilizes tons of quick passes. It just makes sense to keep their beaten up line fresh that way and not have the lack of a big RB threat hurt them as much. It also sets up the occasional deep shot to guys like Bryant and Wheaton.

Thanks WRA but that is conflicting with Dalton's pre-game interview in which he said he wouldnt know until he met with his Docs today, but that he was hopeful.

Basically this came out after that pre-game interview but because he hasnt met with his docs since the interview King is speculating.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hewitt is done. Isn't that pretty much why they changed Fisher's number?

I expected that he was done for a few games, as its a MCL sprain IIRC, and that that was why Fisher's number got changed. I hadn't heard anything permanent.

Thanks WRA but that is conflicting with Dalton's pre-game interview in which he said he wouldnt know until he met with his Docs today, but that he was hopeful.

Basically this came out after that pre-game interview but because he hasnt met with his docs since the interview King is speculating.

Oops...got my hopes for nothing :russian:

DeAngelo Williams has ankle sprain, considered day to day

DeAngelo Williams, Cody WallaceAP

Stealers running back DeAngelo Williams will be considered day to day due to a sprained ankle, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweeted Monday night.

Williams was injured while being tackled by Browns defensive lineman John Hughes Sunday. He was carted to the locker room and though he soon returned to the sideline, he did not return to the game and left the stadium wearing a protective boot.

Williams had an MRI Monday, but Dulac’s report indicates it revealed no serious damage. The Stealers play at the Bengals Saturday night.

Williams, 32, has been an important and productive player for the Stealers offense this season, running for 907 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Fitzgerald Toussaint replaced Williams in Cleveland.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/04/deangelo-williams-has-ankle-sprain-considered-day-to-day/

andy isnt playing. has anyone ever worn  a cast on your hand? there is zero chance this guy can grip a football and make the throws within 5 days of getting a cast off. it would be a close call to even make it by the next round.

if it were a finger it would be a different story, the thumb takes the most abuse, pressure, and needs the most strength in gripping a football..

there is zero chance andy plays., literally absolutely none.. 

why do people keep acting like he is even remotely going to play?

Archived