Vontaze Burfict: I hate Pittsburgh

Vontaze Burfict: I hate Pittsburgh

CINCINNATI, OH - NOVEMBER 17:  Vontaze Burfict #55 of the Cincinnati Bengals celebrates during the NFL game against the Cleveland Browns at Paul Brown Stadium on November 17, 2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio.  (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)Getty Images

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict and the Stealers have gotten under one another’s skin this season.

Burfict’s celebration of a hit that injured Stealers running back Le’Veon Bell in the first meeting of the year between the teams drew the ire of the Stealers. Their reaction, including threats on social media, rankled the Bengals, leading to a pregame scrap between the teams last month and a low hit by Burfict on Ben Roethlisberger kept the temperature high after that game was over.

Based on Burfict’s response to questions about facing the Stealers to open the playoffs on Wednesday, it hasn’t gone down in the intervening weeks.

“I hate Pittsburgh,” Burfict said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s not personal. That’s just the way it is.”

Burfict’s teammates like the fire that Burfict has brought to the defense since his return from a knee injury in November and his performance in Week 17 — 12 tackles and an interception — is a reminder of what he brings to the table. Linebacker Rey Maualuga wants to see Burfict focused on that part of the game on Saturday and not on the kind of battles that led to $138,000 in fines the last time the two teams faced off.

“Obviously, emotions are going to be flying around because it’s a playoff game,” Maualuga said. “Obviously, we have to tone things down. We’re not going to create a personal foul to hurt the team. Sometimes, stuff happens because we let our emotions get the best of us. We can’t lose our composure.”

Saturday night’s game promises to be a physical one between two teams that know each other well. That may improve the chances of a costly personal foul and Maualuga’s warning about keeping composure is one that both teams should probably take to heart.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/07/vontaze-burfict-i-hate-pittsburgh/

IMO,  Burfict has gotten the short end of the stick reputation wise in the recent Steeler drama.     First, I do recognize he operates in the dark grey and black area.

But hell,  he made a clean tackle on their star player who got his season ended.   That fan base and organization that has had numerous aggressive defenders over years and injure numerous players goes into complete bitch mode afterward.   They go into complete bitch mode on clean hit on Ben from the 2nd game.

Never is anything said about their TE blatantly going after his knee in the endzone.  

This is what pisses me off about the Bengals organization willing to be a punching bag and the former players in the media don't say shit about it.   Boomer? Wilcots? Collinsworth, lol?   Call these fuckers out at least on it not being one sided.   

Totally agree on the above.  I can remember Mike and Mike discussing how the death threat was completely ignored by the NFL and went unpunished and how ridiculous that was.  After all of the fines came out later that week the discussion was about how Vontaze insinuated the fight and his dirty nonsense throughout the entire game.

IMO,  Burfict has gotten the short end of the stick reputation wise in the recent Steeler drama.     First, I do recognize he operates in the dark grey and black area.

But hell,  he made a clean tackle on their star player who got his season ended.   That fan base and organization that has had numerous aggressive defenders over years and injure numerous players goes into complete bitch mode afterward.   They go into complete bitch mode on clean hit on Ben from the 2nd game.

Never is anything said about their TE blatantly going after his knee in the endzone.  

This is what pisses me off about the Bengals organization willing to be a punching bag and the former players in the media don't say shit about it.   Boomer? Wilcots? Collinsworth, lol?   Call these fuckers out at least on it not being one sided.   

I lIke Wilcots, the other two can fuck off.

That sandwich that they put on the French Fries is like the most overrated thing in American food.

I have a friend that grew up in Pitsburgh that would agree with you, he said it's a touristy thing. Not that they have a lot of tourists.

Well said. That last Bengal Steeler game was chippy to say the least, but nothing can touch how dirty Mitchell's hit on Eifert to the head was. That has to be an immediate ejection. I started a thread on here the next day about how disappointed I was that Marvin didn't make a big deal out of that, right then and there. I'm really not one for the what if game, but there is a good chance Bengals are sitting at home with a bye this week if they hadn't lost Tyler for some critical games. Seeing the league fine these millionaires pisses me off. Who cares if Mitchell has to go home and dig $17,000 worth of spare change out of his couch cushions? How about a 4 game suspension for intentionally injuring, and risking a man's health?

I love Burfict!

Me too.  I'll probably be watching the game at  a little bar at my daughters BD dinner.   undoubtedly there will be Pissburp fans there ( they are everywhere when they are winning).   If anyone gives me shit about Burfict and what a dirty scumbag he is, I'm going to agree wholeheartedly...."yes, I completely agree, and I couldn't be happier.   Bengals have been taking that dirty shit from the Stealers for better part of 4+  decades, I'm finally glad to have a Bengals player with the balls to give them some of the their own medicine.  Thank you VB, may we have some more?"

Well said. That last Bengal Steeler game was chippy to say the least, but nothing can touch how dirty Mitchell's hit on Eifert to the head was. That has to be an immediate ejection. I started a thread on here the next day about how disappointed I was that Marvin didn't make a big deal out of that, right then and there. I'm really not one for the what if game, but there is a good chance Bengals are sitting at home with a bye this week if they hadn't lost Tyler for some critical games. Seeing the league fine these millionaires pisses me off. Who cares if Mitchell has to go home and dig $17,000 worth of spare change out of his couch cushions? How about a 4 game suspension for intentionally injuring, and risking a man's health?

As a fan, that is not a game you want to see the NFL play.  Intent is far too subjective, in my opinion.  No matter how you feel about it, one could easily say there was intent on Burfict as well.  Its just far too subjective to play those games, FAR.

Me too.  I'll probably be watching the game at  a little bar at my daughters BD dinner.   undoubtedly there will be Pissburp fans there ( they are everywhere when they are winning).   If anyone gives me shit about Burfict and what a dirty scumbag he is, I'm going to agree wholeheartedly...."yes, I completely agree, and I couldn't be happier.   Bengals have been taking that dirty shit from the Stealers for better part of 4+  decades, I'm finally glad to have a Bengals player with the balls to give them some of the their own medicine.  Thank you VB, may we have some more?"

Im happy to atleast see someone acknowledge it.  Good on ya for that.  Not saying its a good or bad thing either.  Just acknowledgement.  

I wish the rest of the Bengals had his attitude.    Imagine Maualuga or AJ Green with the passion of Burfict. 

yep, like i said, acknowledging that he is grimy is neither good nor bad.  It certainly wouldnt hurt to have a few more Taze's lurking around on the field for the black and orange. 

Imagine the entire Bengals 53-man roster with the passion of Burfict.......

I think Pacman definitely has the passion of Burfict.  If you don't believe me, ask Amari Cooper...

Hopefully he can have some good punt returns and a pick 6 this game.  We really missed when we played those bastards in December.

Archived