For starters, Boomer likes the back-up plan

No. I went too far. But the answer to the first question is no, unfortunately. That's a problem that people can't have a discussion about it, it is always an argument. Either one or both parties ends up being called racist. I'm sorry. Let's move on.

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, the albino.  Just kidding.

All good here.  My comment about help wasn't well written and I can see how it could have been misunderstood.  I'm sorry about that.

Done. 

Who knows man, it's just based on a nickname that I assume comes from him playing for 'Bama.  I didn't make it up & in all honesty it probably would've been forgotten a long time ago if a few people didn't get their feels damaged by it, & particularly if those same people weren't known for blasting other players with much worse stuff long past the expiration date for it being funny or even making any sense at all. Or for generally trolling the shit out of the place regarding whatever axe they happen to feel like grinding at the moment.

If you're asking how calling dude McC00ter amounts to racism you'll have to direct that question at the people making the comparison. IMO it's a bit of a stretch, to put it nicely. If you want to get any deeper than that, pull on a pair of waders & make a post in the J&D forum.

I didn't say anything about Cooter. I asked what makes him a redneck. :)  

Which after looking back you did not start, but did use. 

This made me laugh. Was he talking to Hobson?

The Curse of Bo? The Bengals haven’t won a play-off game since knocking out one of the game’s great running backs. In one Wild Card Game they lost their quarterback on the second play and it looks like they’re not going to have him at all in another one.

“No,’ Esiason said. “What’s wrong with you?

It was January 6, 1991. ... That was the last time the Bengals won a playoff game. January...6...1991.

It's the longest such drought in the history of the NFL, and the Bengals are asking a man named AJ McCarron to end it.

Who is AJ McCarron? His cockiness has been chronicled, but in speaking with scouts and team executives about McCarron this week, all of whom followed him closely during the draft process, it sounds like he was cockier than generally known. These officials spoke highly of McCarron but also said his arrogance was the reason he fell in the draft.

But interestingly, each of the three personnel men interviewed said they always believed that if McCarron went to the right system, with the right coach, he'd be successful in the NFL.

"It's not shocking he's prospering now," one scout who followed McCarron's college career and interviewed him during the draft process said. "Marvin [Lewis] is good handling players, and that team has some good veteran leadership."

hi-res-35541096a10b42d5d7bf2f0def904388_

Frank Victores/Associated Press

Scouts liked McCarron's mobility, his arm and his smarts. What they didn't like was how he came off in interviews, particularly during the combine. All of the personnel men interviewed said, without equivocation, that perceived cockiness is why McCarron went in the fifth round in 2014, instead of where many projected, in the second or third.

Yet this also needs to made clear: These personnel men believe McCarron has a good chance of beating Pittsburgh. Why? Because of his confidence.

The irony of a league busting down McCarron in the draft for excessive cockiness and now saying that cockiness is an asset should not be lost on anyone.

The personnel men look at McCarron now and see a player far more comfortable in the offense than he was a few weeks ago. They also believe the creativity of offensive coordinator Hue Jackson will continue to protect McCarron.

McCarron has been solid in all three of his starts since Andy Daltonwent down with a broken thumb in Week 14:

Date Result Cmp-Att Cmp% Yards TD Int Rating
Dec. 20 Bengals 24, 49ers 14 15-of-21 71.43 192 1 0 115.6
Dec. 28 Broncos 20, Bengals 17 22-of-35 62.86 200 1 0 87.8
Jan. 3 Bengals 24, Ravens 16 17-of-27 62.96 160 2 0 103.9

Pro-Football-Reference.com

He has made smart decisions with the football and provides just enough mobility to give pass-rushers headaches. This was the McCarron teams believed could be productive in the NFL, the McCarron who seemed like an early-round pick until his mouth got in the way.

He is, by far, no easy layup for the Stealers.

It will be interesting to see how McCarron responds to the startling intensity of an NFL playoff game. There's almost nothing like it, especially when there's a rivalry and bad blood in play.

On Wednesday, the NFL sent out a video reminding teams about sportsmanship and how players represent the league. The video was sent to all playoff teams, but there's little question the true targets were the feisty Bengals and Stealers, to try to make sure there's no repeat of the pregame scrum that happened in the first meeting.

"I hate Pittsburgh," Vontaze Burfict told reporters this week. "It's not personal. That's just the way it is."

This is the maelstrom McCarron walks into. That cockiness? He's going to need it.

I believe in ya AJ.

Everytime a horse won the KY Derby and Preakness people would flock to Steve Cauthen about Triple Crown stories.   Finally American Pharoah won it.   

Bengals in the playoffs people flock to Boomer and bunch other late 80 bengals for playoff glory stories.    It's time.

Everytime a horse won the KY Derby and Preakness people would flock to Steve Cauthen about Triple Crown stories.   Finally American Pharoah won it.   

Bengals in the playoffs people flock to Boomer and bunch other late 80 bengals for playoff glory stories.    It's time.

It is time.  Couple keys to this game for me are to expose the lack of depth the Stealers have on the defensive line.  The way to do it is by continuing with what the Bengals have been doing for a couple weeks now.....Whitworth, Smith, Fisher, and Ceddy(four fucking tackles on the field) and batter them with Hill.  If they can do that, AJ Mac just has to make enough efficient plays when they are there.  I am looking for about 215-230yds and 1-2 TD's out of him while going somewhere in the neighborhood of 20/21comp-29/30att.  It may be a shoot out, but i really believe he has to keep his attempts around 30. 

What double standard are you referring to?  What I find offensive is closet racists looking for the slightest excuse to spout their bullshit.

The ignorance to equate someone adopting a (usually comically over-exaggerated) Appalachian/Southern cultural identity as somehow equivalent to the genetic crapshoot that is a man's race also deserves mention as not necessarily offensive so much as.. Well, it does illustrate the mindset behind such comments, if still a little bit sad for being so predictable.

Maybe next we can explore such burning questions as

HAO CUM THAR AINT NO WHITE HISTRY MUNTH?!

Stereotypes are stereotypes whether they're based on skin color, regional accent, eye shape, or attire.

And I find it offensive that I get called a 'closet racist' for pointing out the obvious.  I guess you think that only WHITE PEOPLE can be racist.

I think I need a break from this site for a while.  Someone else can take over gameday thread and news articles.

Andy never truly understood the impact of turnovers on winning. Our defense had always bailed him out. He'd fumble or throw a pick and this fabulous defense would shut teams out of end zone. AJ has made up his mind. No turn overs after that first start debacle. I for one believe him. That's why this'll be our first playoff win in 25 years. Protect the ball and we go deep into playoffs this time .Turn it over and we are one and done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy never truly understood the impact of turnovers on winning. Our defense had always bailed him out. He'd fumble or throw a pick and this fabulous defense would shut teams out of end zone. AJ has made up his mind. No turn overs after that first start debacle. I for one believe him. That's why this'll be our first playoff win in 25 years. Protect the ball and we go deep into playoffs this time .Turn it over and we are one and done

Didn't Andy go 6 games before throwing a pick? AJ's last turnover was the nail in the coffin in the Denver game, and that was an unforced fumble. He didn't even have the ground to blame like Dalton diving that one time. He simply didn't catch a perfect snap... Bias is blinding.

Didn't Andy go 6 games before throwing a pick? AJ's last turnover was the nail in the coffin in the Denver game, and that was an unforced fumble. He didn't even have the ground to blame like Dalton diving that one time. He simply didn't catch a perfect snap... Bias is blinding.

I shoot a pretty decent game of pool. I can't tell you how many guys I've beaten that have run the table but choked when it came to sinking the 8 ball. Even when the 8 ball was a duck. I believe AJ sinks that metaphorical 8ball Saturday

I shoot a pretty decent game of pool. I can't tell you how many guys I've beaten that have run the table but choked when it came to sinking the 8 ball. Even when the 8 ball was a duck. I believe AJ sinks that metaphorical 8ball Saturday

I certainly hope so.. Not only would it be cool to get a win.. But It would be nice if AJ does well so that when we trade him maybe we can get a 1st round pick. 

The problem in tomorrow's game will be how we let a 3rd string RB look like Barry Sanders.

I expect to see the Steelers run a little bit on us because now that Williams is out, we will focus on limiting the downfield attack even more. The more plays they have to run to score the better.

I expect to see the Stealers run a little bit on us because now that Williams is out, we will focus on limiting the downfield attack even more. The more plays they have to run to score the better.

I am seeing the rain isn't likely to hit until 10pm or so. I have a feeling they are going to come out slinging. If the run, it will only be a cameo.

We heard you the first time.. I'm just hoping he doesn't choke the game away like he did in Denver.

Choke away the Denver game? You mean the Denver game where he faced the #1 defense in NFL on his second NFL start and took it into overtime? That's the game you're referring to?

Archived