If Antonio Brown plays = He flopped for the call

Point blank.   Pac Man claims AB gave him a wink when walking off on the Dan Patrick show.

No way he should be out of concussion protocol for this week's game unless he was acting. 

Saw a tweet yesterday that he's expected to play.  I tried to recap Pacman's interview with the following:

1. Munchak should be ejected for pulling Nelson’s hair; it all started then; coaches are held to a higher standard

2. Porter chirping at Burfict all game

3. Porter stayed on the field after Brown walked off the field

4. Pacman asked if Brown was ok, Brown winked at Pacman as he walked out, Brown faked it and deserves a Grammy award (kind of funny DP corrected him for Oscar and Pacman said give him both)

5. Stealers were kicking Burfict in the piles all game; center blatantly kicked him and they were flagged once

6. Porter stayed on the field, ref said Pacman was flagged for bumping into him

7. "I know if I asked you if you’re ok and you wink at me there’s a damn good chance he’s ok"

8. Refs let the game get out of control; hit on Gio was way worse than Brown’s

9. Pacman doubts those comments are true from players in the locker room about accountability for Lewis not controlling the team

10. Should the Bengals bring back Marvin Lewis?  “Of course.  If he’s not here I’m not sure how many other guys will want to be.  Great coach.”

Yeah he keeps hammering it home.         IMO,  this rivalry really started really heating up again in 2010.    There was a fight on the field after that game.  

Then a whole bunch of stuff on both sides has escalated.      

Saw a tweet yesterday that he's expected to play.  I tried to recap Pacman's interview with the following:

1. Munchak should be ejected for pulling Nelson’s hair; it all started then; coaches are held to a higher standard

2. Porter chirping at Burfict all game

3. Porter stayed on the field after Brown walked off the field

4. Pacman asked if Brown was ok, Brown winked at Pacman as he walked out, Brown faked it and deserves a Grammy award (kind of funny DP corrected him for Oscar and Pacman said give him both)

5. Stealers were kicking Burfict in the piles all game; center blatantly kicked him and they were flagged once

6. Porter stayed on the field, ref said Pacman was flagged for bumping into him

7. "I know if I asked you if you’re ok and you wink at me there’s a damn good chance he’s ok"

8. Refs let the game get out of control; hit on Gio was way worse than Brown’s

9. Pacman doubts those comments are true from players in the locker room about accountability for Lewis not controlling the team

10. Should the Bengals bring back Marvin Lewis?  “Of course.  If he’s not here I’m not sure how many other guys will want to be.  Great coach.”

At least someone is telling it how it is.

I'm just really fucking tired of all of it with these 2 teams. I don't enjoy the game because I'm always waiting for the next shoe to drop. 

They are dirty, chippy, shitty games and it was guaranteed that whomever survived this one would not be healthy enough to advance in the playoffs anyway so what's the fucking point anymore. 

I watched most of the 2 games yesterday and didn't really see any headhunting, just 4 teams playing hard. 

Fucking tired of it.

Point blank.   Pac Man claims AB gave him a wink when walking off on the Dan Patrick show.

No way he should be out of concussion protocol for this week's game unless he was acting. 

Jen's Seattle concussion lasted 30 minutes. The stealers are just really good at shakng off concussions.

I'm just really fucking tired of all of it with these 2 teams. I don't enjoy the game because I'm always waiting for the next shoe to drop. 

They are dirty, chippy, shitty games and it was guaranteed that whomever survived this one would not be healthy enough to advance in the playoffs anyway so what's the fucking point anymore. 

I watched most of the 2 games yesterday and didn't really see any headhunting, just 4 teams playing hard. 

Fucking tired of it.

Thats where I am at, I will probably skip watching the steeler games next year, its always a toss-up who wins and its always dirty and out of control. Just not fun football to watch

Thats where I am at, I will probably skip watching the steeler games next year, its always a toss-up who wins and its always dirty and out of control. Just not fun football to watch

I get your point, but for years it was simply the Bengals being bullied by the Stealers. We have now started to fight back and now its dirty and out of control? 

Ben is going to be shitting in diapers within the next ten years due to all the blows he's taken to the head. Of course, Bradshaw has been shitting in diapers for the past decade and people just think it's cute so maybe it will be a good thing for his career after football.

I get your point, but for years it was simply the Bengals being bullied by the Stealers. We have now started to fight back and now its dirty and out of control? 

This. For many years fans have accused stealers of kicking the Bengals in the nuts and Cincy not fighting back?!I like it.

Complete opposite for me.   The only thing I don't like is not winning the game.       These games have great drama and storylines.  

Oh I dont blame the bengals, I blame the Stealers and refs for letting it get out of contrl, but I just dont enjoy watching the games against them because its not fun football, so I won't

Exactly.     Bengal fans need to man up.    Unfortunately there is a good portion of Cincinnati that are poisoned and it's easier for them to stand on the opposite viewpoint.

Trust me.   The Steeler fanbase embrace the style of football and back ALL of their dirty players and plays.  

Harder for the Bengals to do because we don't have the big fanbase or the championship history. 

He flopped. Was there ever even a doubt?

Haven't you heard how the media is describing the hit? How vicious it was? Phil Simm acted like he thought Brown might die. 

It looked like a typical collision. The Gio hit looked bad. The Brown hit didn't.

You are going to see a lot of players stay down on the slightest contact. 

Haven't you heard how the media is describing the hit? How vicious it was? Phil Simm acted like he thought Brown might die. 

It looked like a typical collision. The Gio hit looked bad. The Brown hit didn't.

TV announcers have been fooled for years in basketball.    Only now in this day and age with HD, slow-mo, various angles can the players now be found to be faking.

Last year UL vs UK,  Chris Jones faked an elbow to the jaw and walked around the court holding his mouth and jaw then replay show no contact at all. 

Football needs to catch up because their rule book has gone the way of Basketball and players are going to sell penalties and coaches are going to lobby more for them. 

It took Baskeball commentators /talking heads YEARS maybe even decades to start demonizing flopping.   In the end, college basketball has a real threat to it's popularity.    Now they have real focus on correcting some the wrongs that have transpired.

Totally agree.

As the thread title suggests, if he plays at Denver, he flopped. Who in the media will have the balls to suggest that if he plays? And who will laugh off Burdock suspension talks when they realize the hit wasn't that bad? Or they could tell by looking at the hit instead of the aftermath.

As the thread title suggests, if he plays at Denver, he flopped. Who in the media will have the balls to suggest that if he plays? And who will laugh off Burdock suspension talks when they realize the hit wasn't that bad? Or they could tell by looking at the hit instead of the aftermath.

Dan Patrick has already called the shot.   Just said AB sold the call.  

Great for the Stealers.     Here is the problem for the NFL.   Public Opinion towards their league and sport is heading down the path of "blood sport".      The reaction to the hit was completely influenced by AB's actions.    It won't increase the popularity of the sport for sure.   

Archived