* Burfict is the BEST, and they hate him for it *

1793eae4-d037-4d97-a3db-84534b537b07_zps

Burfict is the Monster we should Love 

by BlackJesus

January 12, 2016

- Those arguing that Vontaze Burfict should be cut are insane. He is the BEST LB in the entire NFL. I would even go further and argue he is actually the best player on defense in the entire NFL, and that he is clearly the most physically talented player on the entire Bengals team (AJ, Atkins etc included). He is a heat-seeking missile in the shape of a man. A ball of fire with a helmet on and the heart of the entire Bengals defense. He is exactly the kind of player that the Bengals never had during the dark decade, and is exactly the type of player the Ravens and Steelers covet so much and have won multiple Super Bowls with. If you wanted to create an NFL LB in a lab, the ideal would be Burfict.

- Make no mistake, the bullshit 3 game suspension isn’t even connected to the Antonio Brown Ginobli flop on a hit Burfict shouldn’t have even been flagged for. If the Stealers didn’t get down into FG range, the refs were instructed to do all they could to help. No, the suspension on Burfict is an attempt to:

(a) Demonize and stigmatize Burfict’s amazing play into the future and handicap the Bengals' ability to utilize him into the playoffs every year (right now the small market Bengals keep taking one of those coveted 12 slots from a larger more financially rewarding market). Most of his flags come off of undeserved reputation and crowd reaction, not the actual offense.

(b)  Attempt to stifle and stunt some of that junkyard dog killer spirit that Burfict has which makes him so dominant. They want to make him a player who thinks twice before making plays, as his greatest asset is his ability to sense what is happening and instinctually react. They are trying to “re-train” him in the way you would an attack dog to be more docile, but what makes him so great for the Bengals is the fact that he doesn’t sit and think about his next movement, he is just guided to it out of instinct. He becomes “possessed” in key moments, and makes plays as if something else is steering him to the football—that is a very special trait that most football players do not have. Very few players have that rare ability … Ray Lewis, Lawrence Taylor, Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, etc --- and they were all nasty head hunters who are celebrated as what makes the NFL so great. The height of historical NFL masculinity.

(c) The NFL is also trying to assuage the gripes and complaints from a large Steeler fan base, many of which are rural ‘blue-collar’ half-literate fuckwits and like spoiled children who are used to the breaks and rules always going their way. They believe they are supposed to be the intimidators of the NFL, the new NWA-rapping  new-age“Raiders” and then all of the sudden this ‘monster’ Burfict has the nerve to show up and brutalize their players in the way they have historically always done to someone else. They hate him because he is everything they used to be and wish they still were. If he was on the Stealers the NFL Network would be running specials on how Burfict was the next Ray Lewis nearly every day.

* There are also some racial undertones at play here. If Burfict was a white guy ala Kuechly or Urlacher then those same hits would be seen as “awesome” by most of the NFL fan base. But because he is a snarling tatted-up unapologetic inarticulate black man who doesn’t give a shit what the media thinks of him … then he is branded an out of control “thug” and “hooligan” who is besmirching the reputation of the NFL and ruining the marketability of the game for families. These are exactly the kind of hits that NFL films made millions off of for decades when it was mainly white linebackers in the 60’s and 70’s crushing guys with blood dripping down their broken noses. I just keep it real, and realize that Burfict is everything that middle-class white America fears “black thugs” are … a crass low-vocabulary high-achieving don’t give a fuck nappy-headed ashy-elbow nawka with amazing talent, who is rewarded with wealth many of them could only dream of for his natural abilities. He plays a violent game better than everyone else does and enacts violence in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable because he isn’t some market-driven house negro cheesing for the camera holding up Gillette razors after every hit and giving lip service to “protecting the shield massa”.

- Burfict deserves 0 blame for the loss on Saturday night, and I was there in the rain watching myself. He is the main reason the Bengals even had a chance. He single handedly took a timid and scared team in the fourth quarter and awoken the fire in them and almost willed them to victory through his passion and amazing play. He took out Rapistberger, made what should have been the game winning int etc and the personal foul on him was a bullshit call that shouldn’t have even been a penalty. He deserves an apology from the NFL not a suspension and he deserves Bengals fans to have his back and go out and buy more of his jerseys to make up for these bullshit NFL fines. I am seeing some Bengals fans victim-blaming the team, the coaches or players like Burfict or Jones for that NFL-orchestrated travesty on Saturday night! Fuck you. None of the Bengals are to blame for that horseshit! It’s like blaming a woman for wearing a mini skirt after Big Ben rapes her, the Bengals did nothing wrong, they were wronged themselves.

I wouldn’t want Burfict on any other team and he’s my favorite player and will always be from this day forward. If you want to show someone what a football player looks like, pull up a highlight reel of Burfict, nature/god only makes one like him every decade or so, and were lucky to have him on our team.

No Go, how do I get this posted on the front page of the site so it can go viral to Stealers fans and make them foam at the mouth. :1hump:

Fix your second to last sentence in your first paragraph before you publish.

Edit:

He is exactly the kind of player that the Bengals never had during the dark decade, and is exactly the type of player the Ravens and Stealers covet so much and has won them multiple Super Bowls.

“He (Burfict) willed us back into that game. He willed the team. We all see it. He was willing us to that win. I love playing with him. I love being on the field with him. I’ve said it before. He raises my play. He raises our level as a team. It wasn’t the most brutal hit of the game. It wasn’t a helmet-to-helmet hit. It’s tough. The refs have a tough job. Things are so quick. But we have a tough job, too. You’re a step or two away from a guy and you have to determine how to hit him, how he’s catching the ball. Is he catching the ball? Is it going to be a first down? Such a bang-bang play.”

-- Vincent Rey

"I think he (Burfict) was just doing his job. If (Brown) catches that over the middle they’re going to kick an easy field goal, so what does he try and do he tries to do his job get the ball off him. You never want to take any aggression away from people. That’s how Tez plays, he plays with that aggression and that fire and it’s what makes him a special player. I think he was just doing his job."

-- Domata Peko

Even Rapistberger thinks Burfict wasn't dirty ... 

“I do not think it was a dirty hit,” Roethlisberger said. “I think he was playing the game… I know that there is some video of him supposedly kneeing me, or kicking me, or whatever, but I don’t think there was anything intentional.”

Burfict not only injured Roethlisberger in the game, but also hurt Antonio Brown, leveling a vicious hit on the star wide receiver that led to a penalty that helped the Stealers win the game, but also resulted in a head injury for Brown.

“I think he was just trying to make a play,” Roethlisberger said. “As fast as the game is, as fast as all that happens, you’ve got to be pretty good to intentionally try and do something like that. Do I think it was a penalty? Yes. I think that it was a hit to a defensive player to the head, absolutely. But I don’t think it was an intentional hit.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/01/12/ben-roethlisberger-still-unsure-of-status-for-broncos-game/

Archived