Zampese promoted to OC

#Bengals wasted no time on that move. Obviously saw clear plan in place after Hue. Organization all about continuity.

This hire was always all about keeping Andy Dalton's progression going in the right direction. #Bengals

#Bengals wasted no time on that move. Obviously saw clear plan in place after Hue. Organization all about continuity.

This hire was always all about keeping Andy Dalton's progression going in the right direction. #Bengals

all about continuity.  Replaces the entire defensive staff of assistants. 

I guess we won't have to worry about a former QB coach blowing a bunch of smoke about re-re--re-re-re-reereeeee-rerererecommitting to the run.  Most of our OL kinda sucks at run blocking anyway so this may be a good thing.

What was funny about Hue's commitment to the run was how quickly he went from telling us all that the run was of paramount importance to the run wasn't that big of a deal in today's NFL.  I guess watching these guys try to run block made him run the other direction. 

On that note, I do have concern about the plan for Ced and Fisher, who I suspect were Hue guys as much as they were Alexanders. Both were notable for their athleticism, and in the little we saw them on the field together this year it was remarkable how much they stood out for their ability to play in space.  They stood out because that's not a feature shared by other members of the OL. 

Hue had his starting tackles shed 20 lbs so they could line up at WR. What happens now if they fall back into Alexander's hands?  Do we watch the same fate that's befallen Andre and Zeitler victimize them.  T'would be so sad...

What was even more confusing about Hue was that he went to OAK (as OC and then HC) and in short order turned them from among the worst to among the best in the NFL in the run game.  He couldn't come close here.  

Methinks he ran up against an immovable object. MB's love for Alexander is irrational.

Archived