Bengals hire Kevin Coyle (DB) Jacob Burney (DL) and Bill Lazor (QB)

Not sure how I feel about Lazor.  He barely got anything out of Tannenhill.  Not sure if Tanny will ever amount to anything, but I'd like to see 14 keep trending upward.

Burney is coming from a 3-4.  Will be interesting.  I know nothing about him.

Seems like there is a lot of potential head coaches on the staff now, ain't it??  It's almost like it's being telepathic that this is gonna's be Marvin's last year in Cincinnati regardless of what happens going forward.  Either that, or this time, he's really gonna let his assistants coach and he can be the CEO type where all he had to do is keep the team upright.   Kinda like a GM position but not the official actual title and pay grade.

When it comes to concerns about Lazor not being effective in pushing Dalton, let's not forget the only professional QB coach Dalton has known until now is still in the building, making all the calls.

I won't worry about Dalton slipping until he starts actually doing so.

Bengals add Bill Lazor, Kevin Coyle, Jacob Burney to coaching staff

• Coley HarveyESPN Staff Writer

CINCINNATI -- Four days after making a pair of coaching moves, theCincinnati Bengals added three more assistants to their staff Monday.

With vacancies at quarterbacks coach, defensive line coach and defensive backs coach, the Bengals hired former Miami assistants Bill Lazor and Kevin Coyle, and Washington assistant Jacob Burney. Lazor will coach quarterbacks, taking over for former quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese, who became the Bengals' offensive coordinator last week. Zampese took the position after Hue Jackson left to become the Cleveland Browns' head coach.

Bill Lazor had been Miami's offensive coordinator for parts of the past two seasons. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports

Coyle becomes Cincinnati's defensive backs coach, reclaiming a position he had with the team before spending the past four seasons with the Dolphins. He returned following the departure of his immediate predecessor, Vance Joseph. Joseph left last week to become Miami's new defensive coordinator. Coyle and Lazor both were fired from the Dolphins in the middle of this past regular season. Lazor had been Miami's offensive coordinator for parts of the past two seasons.

Burney takes over as Cincinnati's defensive line coach, replacing assistant Jay Hayes, who left late last week to take a similar position on the new staff in Tampa Bay.

Here's what Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis had to say about the three additions to his staff:

On Burney: "Jacob is a great taskmaster with tremendous experience. He started under Bill Belichick at Cleveland and has worked under some other great head coaches as well since he came into the league."

On Lazor: "I'm ecstatic about bringing in Bill. He's bright and energetic, and he also has experience under great head coaches. He's got everything we're looking for to continue to uplift our offense."

On Coyle: "Kevin comes back as another asset for [defensive coordinator] Paul Guenther. We know Kevin as a great coach of secondary technique and as a coach with great ability to add ideas for game planning."

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/21221/bengals-bill-lazor-kevin-coyle-add-coaching-staff-additions

Archived