NFL plans permanent United Kingdom based franchise 'in six years'

IDK, the Bills-in-Toronto experiment didn't work out so well. Maybe it's just the Bills.  Unfortunately for the NFL they can't have #teamslikethepatriots in every city.  Maybe they can just name every team the Stealers & be swimming in cash?  Right now they need the small market teams to play the Washington Generals role for their Harlem Globetrotter cash cows.  Plus they provide a convenient whipping boy whenever the NFL needs to appear to be taking action on an issue that might impact their bottom line.

I just wonder if it was the Bills, the demographics of Toronto or the fact you already have the Raptors, Maple Leafs and the popular CFL Argonauts already in Toronto. Maybe a bit of each.

I just wonder if it was the Bills, the demographics of Toronto or the fact you already have the Raptors, Maple Leafs and the popular CFL Argonauts already in Toronto. Maybe a bit of each.

Plus hardly anyone on the team is actually named Bill & that sort of foolishness is not appreciated in Canada

Bills in Toronto would work big time.   It was the old owner wanting them to stay in Buffalo.   In the bid of new ownership there was a pro Toronto group but the group that won the bid is trying to get Buffalo to work.  

I just don't see how it would be feasible to send west coast teams out there or send the team out to the west coast.  Wouldn't that be like a 9 hour time difference?  Obviously would be a huge advantage for the home team.

I just don't see how it would be feasible to send west coast teams out there or send the team out to the west coast.  Wouldn't that be like a 9 hour time difference?  Obviously would be a huge advantage for the home team.

Winnipeg in the NFC North is about as geographical reasonable as you can get but it's still a stretch I agree.

NFL= National Football League

National = United States

Once the NFL becomes international I will surely no longer give a fuck. I could give two shits about the British and their slave masters. I be gosh damn if I watch a game with a team supported by the blood thirsty royals. FUCK THAT! The NFL has barely got me right now except I cannot step away from my Bengals.   Hopefully we win three Super Bowls in a row then suck ass for two years in a row so they can move this team over there change the name and I can easily never watch a NFL game again.   Fuck the NFL they are ruining the league with dumb shit like this. NFL don't forget who made you!!! We have plenty of cities here that would love to have a team. They need to get over this having to have a new stadium bull shit and focus on the garbage their putting on the field.   How many universities have stadiums over fifty years old that are filled with over 70k fans a home game?  Fuck you NFL 

Being British, I'm not a fan of this.  The demographics would be impossible to get around, unless teleportation was invented.  Also, the only way a British team could operate in a league like this would be if the league divisional/fixture structure only allowed teams situated locally to play each each and then make long distance trips during the playoffs.  This would mean having another 3 teams in Europe (to go with London) to makeup a "European" division.  Basically you would have the old NFL Europe as a subset (division) within the overall NFL.

NFL= National Football League

National = United States

Once the NFL becomes international I will surely no longer give a fuck. I could give two shits about the British and their slave masters. I be gosh damn if I watch a game with a team supported by the blood thirsty royals. FUCK THAT! The NFL has barely got me right now except I cannot step away from my Bengals.   Hopefully we win three Super Bowls in a row then suck ass for two years in a row so they can move this team over there change the name and I can easily never watch a NFL game again.   Fuck the NFL they are ruining the league with dumb shit like this. NFL don't forget who made you!!! We have plenty of cities here that would love to have a team. They need to get over this having to have a new stadium bull shit and focus on the garbage

Drama, drama, drama

Being British, I'm not a fan of this.  The demographics would be impossible to get around, unless teleportation was invented.  Also, the only way a British team could operate in a league like this would be if the league divisional/fixture structure only allowed teams situated locally to play each each and then make long distance trips during the playoffs.  This would mean having another 3 teams in Europe (to go with London) to makeup a "European" division.  Basically you would have the old NFL Europe as a subset (division) within the overall NFL.

I wouldn't doubt that's in the long long term plans.   The Germany teams from the old NFLE drew very well.    2 UK teams, 2 Germany teams.  How it would fold into 2 conferences is the harder part.    NFL is already discussing moving regular season games to Berlin to be played in Olympic stadium (rumored)

Archived