Bob Bratkowski gets a job

Bob Bratkowski is Mike Mularkey's choice to coach Titans' big trouble spot

Bob Bratkowski was quarterbacks coach for the Atlanta Falcons in 2011, then became Mike Mularkey's offensive coordinator in Jacksonville in 2012. Photo by George Gojkovich/Getty Images
7:13 PM ET
  • kuharsky_paul_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
    Paul KuharskyESPN Staff Writer

MOBILE, Ala. -- Not since the days of Derrick Mason and Drew Bennett have the Tennessee Titans developed a wide receiver who consistently caused problems for a defense.

Offensive coordinator Terry Robiskie comes to Tennessee with extensive experience coaching the position, and Mike Mularkey said that Robiskie will be involved with the group.

But it’s Bob Bratkowski who is Mularkey’s choice to coach the position and attempt to develop newcomers and get the most out of Kendall Wright, Dorial Green-Beckham, Harry Douglas and Justin Hunter.

Bratkowski is a close friend of Mularkey’s dating back to when they worked together on the Pittsburgh Stealers staff in the late 1990s. Also, Bratkowski was Mularkey’s offensive coordinator in Jacksonville in 2012.

“I just like that I have another coordinator in that offensive room, because I like ideas, as many ideas as can flow from the staff, and that had a lot to do with it,” Mularkey said during the South team’s practice at the Senior Bowl. “Also I’ve watched him coach Hines Ward, his Cincinnati days, 10 years as a coordinator there, with Chad Johnson.

“He’s very productive with his guys.”

Bratkowski was the offensive coordinator for the Cincinnati Bengals from 2001 to 2010 and held the same position with the Seattle Seahawks from 1995 to 1998. He also was quarterbacks coach for the Atlanta Falcons in 2011.

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/18109/bob-bratkowski-is-mike-mularkeys-choice-to-coach-titans-big-trouble-spot

He's been working for the Bengals for years, consulting on offense I believe

edit: maybe not years, but since 2014

Thought I was crazy.  I vaguely remember him coming back.  Good for him landing on his feet.  

If he would have somehow got the QB coach job here, this board would have been incredible.

Archived